The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

His decline started once jon cooper was hired though which might be part of stamkos desire to leave since maybe he feels under-utilized. Despite the teams success.

Maybe our best lewer for stamkos is to fire wd in the summer and hire guy boucher before free agency.

Offer 9.7 over 7 years as it matches the total money offered by tbay but over 1 less year.

2 guys in past 10 years have scored 60 goals in a season. Stammer and ovi.

Stammer will be paid atleast 9.5 since he is only 26, been to scf, captained a team, scored 60, 40+ x2, 50+ (also 2 shortened seasons from lockout n injury on pace for over 50), career p/pg, career over .5 g/pg.

If he hits ufa it will likely be 7yr/70 mill range as he gives up 1 year leaving tbay. My guess is tampa will still offer 9 per over 8 years so 72 mill a team would havetp be close to on a year less.

47 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

As great a player as Stamkos has been over the years, I'm not sure he would be worth $11 million or whatever and he's going to want long term (8-10 years?). Gives me Luongo deja vu. Stamkos' best days are behind him IMO (even at age 26). After his injury, he hasn't been the same. Last two seasons he's been less than a point a game. Heck, his salary would almost be equal to both Sedins.

Draft, develop, repeat. At the moment we need a #1C and #1-2 D.

Don't get me wrong, he could probably still put up 70-80 points a year (if healthy), but it's not like we also have a Marty St. Louis to help him with that.

Can only get 7 years in ufa from a team, tampa can go 8.

Stamkos is a #1c and will be for atleast th duration of the contract. 

Henrik is as good a playmaker as anyone in the nhl or marty was. Albeit it would be on PP primarily unless loading up the top line. One would thing you would run stammer at center with sven as he is our best playmaking winger other than daniel.

Sedin (7) -sedin (7) -hansen (2.5) =16.5

Baer (1.75) -stamkos (9.75) -sutter (4.45)=15.95

Shink (.894) -Bo (.894) -virtanen (.894) = 2.682

Gaunce (.894)- mccann (.894) - Dors(2.6) etem (.9)= 5.288

Forward total = 40.42

Edler (5) tanev (4.55) =9.55

Hammer (4) sbisa (3.6) = 7.6

Hutton (.896) tryamkin (1.75) = 2.646

Biega (.75)

Defense total = 20.496

Miller (6)

Markstrom (1.55)

Luongo retained 800k

Goalie total = 8.35

Total cap 69.266

Some space would be used up likely on burrows buyout and higgins if no trade could be made. Also sven or tryamkin may want more. Also leaves the option of pursuing yandle if we didnt bring back hammer if you want a more potent pp but our defensive side would suffer having only tanev as shutdown. Imo i would rather bring back hammer and move edler out to bring in yandle if thats the guy you want.

1 hour ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Can only get 7 years in ufa from a team, tampa can go 8.

Stamkos is a #1c and will be for atleast th duration of the contract. 

Henrik is as good a playmaker as anyone in the nhl or marty was. Albeit it would be on PP primarily unless loading up the top line. One would thing you would run stammer at center with sven as he is our best playmaking winger other than daniel.

Sedin (7) -sedin (7) -hansen (2.5) =16.5

Baer (1.75) -stamkos (9.75) -sutter (4.45)=15.95

Shink (.894) -Bo (.894) -virtanen (.894) = 2.682

Gaunce (.894)- mccann (.894) - Dors(2.6) etem (.9)= 5.288

Forward total = 40.42

Edler (5) tanev (4.55) =9.55

Hammer (4) sbisa (3.6) = 7.6

Hutton (.896) tryamkin (1.75) = 2.646

Biega (.75)

Defense total = 20.496

Miller (6)

Markstrom (1.55)

Luongo retained 800k

Goalie total = 8.35

Total cap 69.266

Some space would be used up likely on burrows buyout and higgins if no trade could be made. Also sven or tryamkin may want more. Also leaves the option of pursuing yandle if we didnt bring back hammer if you want a more potent pp but our defensive side would suffer having only tanev as shutdown. Imo i would rather bring back hammer and move edler out to bring in yandle if thats the guy you want.

Your roster is short 1 player.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

TSN has to respond to all the hopes they've heightened in Toronto with their shameless s/tam-pering over the past months.

Yzerman declares they won't be trading Stamkos - with likely a renewed push to re-sign him.   TSN reverses the story and wonder what all the hype is about lol.

What a pathetic media market in Toronto.

Just a quick note about the TSN article you're commenting on,

The article was written by Gary Lawless. I find him to be a very credible and sound minded reporter. 

Hes nothing like the talking heads Drgger, MacKenzie and others fromToronto.

Lawless is a based out of Winnipeg. Hes got a radio show in the Peg on TSN 1290 but only started writing for TSN a few months ago.  

4 hours ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

His decline started once jon cooper was hired though which might be part of stamkos desire to leave since maybe he feels under-utilized. Despite the teams success.

Maybe our best lewer for stamkos is to fire wd in the summer and hire guy boucher before free agency.

Offer 9.7 over 7 years as it matches the total money offered by tbay but over 1 less year.

2 guys in past 10 years have scored 60 goals in a season. Stammer and ovi.

Stammer will be paid atleast 9.5 since he is only 26, been to scf, captained a team, scored 60, 40+ x2, 50+ (also 2 shortened seasons from lockout n injury on pace for over 50), career p/pg, career over .5 g/pg.

If he hits ufa it will likely be 7yr/70 mill range as he gives up 1 year leaving tbay. My guess is tampa will still offer 9 per over 8 years so 72 mill a team would havetp be close to on a year less.

1996 is the last time anyone score 60+ besides those 2.

17 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Watched the Lightning and Jets game and I can say that Stamkos has not lost a step, that is completely false. He was flying out there. One of the fastest guys on the ice.

But.. but.. but he's one dimensional! He doesn't have Marty! He'll eat up too much cap!

14 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Watched the Lightning and Jets game and I can say that Stamkos has not lost a step, that is completely false. He was flying out there. One of the fastest guys on the ice.

I think the problem with him is not physical. It's in his head. Either he is not happy where he is or he's afraid of getting seriously hurt again.

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True. :towel:

All I know is, Alien or dwarf - we should be ALL IN ON STAMKOS!

I think it really depends on the draft pick that we get in June. someone has to go eventually. we can't have everyone on the roster and if we are moving towards getting younger. that means that we have to have some of our youth in the team. don't get me wrong. would love to have Stamkos on the team. but where would McCann and Virtanen fit? Burr? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think it really depends on the draft pick that we get in June. someone has to go eventually. we can't have everyone on the roster and if we are moving towards getting younger. that means that we have to have some of our youth in the team. don't get me wrong. would love to have Stamkos on the team. but where would McCann and Virtanen fit? Burr? 

If we get Stamkos, and get lucky and get Matthews, Say goodbye to our two best players ever.  Burr is a buy out regardless. 

57 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I think the problem with him is not physical. It's in his head. Either he is not happy where he is or he's afraid of getting seriously hurt again.

None of the media pundits are even entertaining the idea of a serious Canucks offer on Stamkos. So annoying.

For some reason, I can trust Benning to submit an offer. 

The biggest reason we should get Stamkos is because we have so few players in his age group

Just now, LolClarkson said:

None of the media pundits are even entertaining the idea of a serious Canucks offer on Stamkos. So annoying.

For some reason, I can trust Benning to submit an offer. 

The biggest reason we should get Stamkos is because we have so few players in his age group who can score goals.

You weren't wrong, but my correction is more urgent.

58 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Crosby was 'done" 2 times now. Ovechkin was "done" too. I'm not buying it. I think most GMs understand this. Hence why Stamkos will get over 12 million per. Maybe he will even trip the 20% rule

43 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I would be happy with Laine or the other Finn.

would love it if Benning could swing a deal to get either of the Finns. Puljujärvi or Laine would be awesome obviously if we don't get Matthews. if out of the top 3. then I expect Benning to draft the best available dman. 

Archived