The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He may get taxed less but in TO he would get all the major sports endorsements,  He could easily rack in another 10 mill per year just on being the face of a few local big businesses.  

Agree with you here Forsberg,  But perhaps the Canadian content of those North American Companies (Gatorade, Bauer etc..) will follow him any where in Canada, regardless of the jersey he wears?   .. And who the hell would want to pay the Leafs for their trademark product placement ;) 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Agree with you here Forsberg,  But perhaps the Canadian content of those North American Companies (Gatorade, Bauer etc..) will follow him any where in Canada, regardless of the jersey he wears?   .. And who the hell would want to pay the Leafs for their trademark product placement ;) 

He would definitely make some big endorsements anyways in canada.  More than he would in an american non hockey market.  Toronto being a home town kid and the biggest hockey market, he would make the most.  Even TO and their ownership could play a hand in bring in that extra.

http://theleafsnation.com/2015/12/8/report-stamkos-to-leafs-possible-could-involve-indirect-payment

Vancouver and it's market is no slouch either, just not quite the juggernaut of TO.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He may get taxed less but in TO he would get all the major sports endorsements,  He could easily rack in another 10 mill per year just on being the face of a few local big businesses.  

No, not close to 10 mill. 

3 mill per year is a more realistic endorsement income number. I saw one of the panels, maybe HNIC say around 3 or 4 mill, and that's being generous. 

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He would definitely make some big endorsements anyways in canada.  More than he would in an american non hockey market.  Toronto being a home town kid and the biggest hockey market, he would make the most.  Even TO and their ownership could play a hand in bring in that extra.

http://theleafsnation.com/2015/12/8/report-stamkos-to-leafs-possible-could-involve-indirect-payment

Vancouver and it's market is no slouch either, just not quite the juggernaut of TO.

... Then it comes down to fishing,..   My younger nephew is Commercial fishing on the West Coast,. 150 Chinook in an hr,. 210lb halibut,. 6ft Ling Cod , ... Perhaps we hook Stamkos up with him ;) 

Why wait for Stamkos when we could get upcoming UFA Eriksson FOR ONLY PICKS!

The Bruins have had very serious talks with the Canucks on Eriksson, but also would love to keep him...right now my sources are still giving a slight advantage to an extension...but anything is still up in the air.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Dinner-Rumor-Talk-Picking-Up-The-Latest-on-Weise-Drouin-Reimer-more/1/75032

On February 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Warhippy said:

Like to point out at age 25 Stammer just posted his 300th goal in the NHL last night.  

He's gonna get PAID!

From watching the highlights, seems like he is getting his goals right in the heavy traffic areas around the net.

I'm still in for signing him if price isn't too high.

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

From watching the highlights, seems like he is getting his goals right in the heavy traffic areas around the net.

I'm still in for signing him if price isn't too high.

Aquilini's a business man first and a Canucks fan second. I'm a guy who loves watching the Canucks on tv and even buying the occasional jersey but am adverse to having to pay so much for tickets. Having Stamkos in Vancouver makes someone like me want to buy tickets. So I expect we'll be bidding the max in both price and term.

2 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Aquilini's a business man first and a Canucks fan second. I'm a guy who loves watching the Canucks on tv and even buying the occasional jersey but am adverse to having to pay so much for tickets. Having Stamkos in Vancouver makes someone like me want to buy tickets. So I expect we'll be bidding the max in both price and term.

I don't see Stamkos coming here, I think he goes to Toronto because they will offer the same amount we can and seem to have a plan in place. Eg Nylander, Marner, Mathews (1st) Stamkos, Kadri, Reilly, Gardiner and THE BEST coach in the NHL. 

HERE'S what we got to sell stamkos with, we are a team who is in retool mode? Sedins, Burrows, Dorsett, Virtanen, Horvat, Edler, Tanev, and yeah a rookie Coach.

Archived