The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

I didn't realize that at 25 Stamkos was already on the decline.

You'd be crazy to not make an offer.

at 25 Stamkos is on the decline, at age 35 people are still hoping to find the spare parts to win the Sedins a cup

CDC baby

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

2 things come to mind knowing that.  especially with a "they chose cooper over stammer" comment lingering

1. We signed Torts to like a 6 year deal, he was gone 82 games later
  2. Let us know how secure Coopers job is AFTER Tampa loses both Stamkos and Drouin in one season.

As an add on, let us know how secure Stevie Y's job is after losing possibly Stamkos and Drouin and missing the playoffs in one season 

Not ripping on you man, but coaches are hired to be fired and any ownership group that allowed a GM to lose one of the most dynamic centers in the game age 25 and one of the highest touted prospects in the NHL in the same season while keeping the coach that caused some of the issues, not 2 seasons after losing St Louis in the same manner...well...ya

Thanks hippy. I basically said the same thing to him and he didn't bother addressing that part.

10 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

That's your opinion. And not a particularly good one. This isn't the same team or management as the past. Vrbata WANTED to come here specifically to play with the Sedin's. Lucic has gone on record saying he wants to come here. Benning and Linden are guys people want to play for. Don't think Stamkos would have an interest playing with one of the best playmakers in NHL history? Not saying he's gonna end up here but you saying Vancouver is a hated city and no one wants to come here isn't just inaccurate, it's purely your own opinion.

Stamkoes does not want to play wing, he will only sign where he can play a 1C, we do not have a spot for him. 

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

at 25 Stamkos is on the decline, at age 35 people are still hoping to find the spare parts to win the Sedins a cup

CDC baby

well a primary starting point for most on cdc

is that our players are worth their actual value plus about 25%

and players from other teams are worth their actual value less at least 25%

hence stamkos is already declining at 25

but if he were to become a canuck we would see an upward shift in his value in the cdc market place of at least 50%

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Stamkoes does not want to play wing, he will only sign where he can play a 1C, we do not have a spot for him. 

Huh?

What are you basing this off of?  Who is this Stamkoes you speak of?

The Stamkos we are speaking of has spent loads of time on the wing in his short career.  The Stammer we speak of might love playing in such a vibrant hockey community and beautiful city where he was totally robbed of winning a gold medal by being excluded from the team in 2010.  The Stamkos we speak of might hate Toronto like every other self respecting Canadian.

You've posted two or three times now dictating what you say Stammer will do...but spell and make statements like a drunken Lithuanian toddler with a learning disability.  2009/2010 Sundin was NEVER coming to vancouver...look at that

Stammer wants 1 thing.  To win a cup.  at Age 25 he can very easily do that in vancouver over 8 years.  No matter what illiterate posts and opinions say.

Just now, Filthy McNasty said:

Stamkoes does not want to play wing, he will only sign whereactuallycan play a 1C, we do not have a spot for him. 

Stamkos would easily become our 1C if he isnt willing to play wing. We could put the twins on the 2nd line and save their minutes. Might actually be better for the Sedins.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lmao. 

Now just need to get the conservative outta me right? :)

Nope, cannot stress enough.  I'm a very conservative minded person, just don't like how people see the lines in this day and age.  Conservatives are closer to true centrists than they are right wingers.  True Conservatives that is.

Sadly we don't have many of those left

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

2 things come to mind knowing that.  especially with a "they chose cooper over stammer" comment lingering

1. We signed Torts to like a 6 year deal, he was gone 82 games later
  2. Let us know how secure Coopers job is AFTER Tampa loses both Stamkos and Drouin in one season.

As an add on, let us know how secure Stevie Y's job is after losing possibly Stamkos and Drouin and missing the playoffs in one season 

Not ripping on you man, but coaches are hired to be fired and any ownership group that allowed a GM to lose one of the most dynamic centers in the game age 25 and one of the highest touted prospects in the NHL in the same season while keeping the coach that caused some of the issues, not 2 seasons after losing St Louis in the same manner...well...ya

I'm sure I won't need to let you guys know, I think you guys will let me know IF Cooper gets fired at end of season.

Comparing Canucks hiring Torts to Tampa extending Cooper makes absolutely Zero sense. None whatsoever. Torts was a disaster, he was fired after 1 season. Cooper signed an extension after being very successful with the team.

If Y had the slightest thought of firing him there's no way he extends his contract now, it's not like he extended him before the season started, he did it just before Xmas.

Droin had already asked for a trade by then and Stamkos situation was the same that day as it is today.

St Louis trade was a steal  by Steve Y. He would do that all over again, St Louis was done as a hockey player.

Of course coaches get fired, Bowman got fired. But in this case there is no evidence to make such claims, evidence points to the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm sure I won't need to let you guys know, I think you guys will let me know IF Cooper gets fired at end of season.

Comparing Canucks hiring Torts to Tampa extending Cooper makes absolutely Zero sense. None whatsoever. Torts was a disaster, he was fired after 1 season. Cooper signed an extension after being very successful with the team.

If Y had the slightest thought of firing him there's no way he extends his contract now, it's not like he extended him before the season started, he did it just before Xmas.

Droin had already asked for a trade by then and Stamkos situation was the same that day as it is today.

Of course coaches get fired, Bowman got fired. But in this case there is no evidence to make such claims, evidence points to the opposite. 

... So, I'm enjoying a pop,. And following this thread.,, but I've got to ask,  

Spock..? ... Is that you?   ;) 

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Huh?

What are you basing this off of?  Who is this Stamkoes you speak of?

The Stamkos we are speaking of has spent loads of time on the wing in his short career.  The Stammer we speak of might love playing in such a vibrant hockey community and beautiful city where he was totally robbed of winning a gold medal by being excluded from the team in 2010.  The Stamkos we speak of might hate Toronto like every other self respecting Canadian.

You've posted two or three times now dictating what you say Stammer will do...but spell and make statements like a drunken Lithuanian toddler with a learning disability.  2009/2010 Sundin was NEVER coming to vancouver...look at that

Stammer wants 1 thing.  To win a cup.  at Age 25 he can very easily do that in vancouver over 8 years.  No matter what illiterate posts and opinions say.

Evry 1 hear thinks awll the bigg knames r cumming two vancoover evry time!" And than git veree dissahpoynted evry time%

Archived