The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Spock !!! It's you !!   ;)    He you go Rocks, 31.5 m. Off Load... For Stamkos, Lucic, and Buff (or Yandle).  

Hamhuis, 4.5m . Vrbatta,5.0m .  Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m .

Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

And at the draft table we move Demko and our 1st overall for THE First Overall.

Please tell me this is JB's secret account.

I gotta pour another drink !!

LoL !  The funny thing is,. a few years back I dialled the wrong phone number and actually got the voicemail for "Mike Gillis of the Vancouver Canucks".    I laughed and left a courteous message apologizing for calling the wrong number...   If only I had kept that number, and perhaps the phone was the companies, handed off to Jim Benning :)    ??

One more pop before bedtime and I would make that call  !

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Please tell me this is JB's secret account.

I gotta pour another drink !!

LoL !  The funny thing is,. a few years back I dialled the wrong phone number and actually got the voicemail for "Mike Gillis of the Vancouver Canucks".    I laughed and left a courteous message apologizing for calling the wrong number...   If only I had kept that number, and perhaps the phone was the companies, handed off to Jim Benning :)    ??

One more pop before bedtime and I would make that call  !

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You guys remember when Minny signed Suter and Parise for like 200 million and 13 years?

So why can't we get Stamkos and Lucic. 

Most of the players I put on that list are via attrition anyway... The rest that ARE tradeable assets Could be moved.

the rest of our team (prospects) and Sedin's are showing the value of chemistry,. And that is what needs to be protected here. 

Add a patrolling power forward, a goal scorer, and Beast D man to this mix, . and you get gold.  Seats sold out for over five years and easily 3 years of deep play off runs.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Most of the players I put on that list are via attrition anyway... The rest that ARE tradeable assets Could be moved.

the rest of our team (prospects) and Sedin's are showing the value of chemistry,. And that is what needs to be protected here. 

Add a patrolling power forward, a goal scorer, and Beast D man to this mix, . and you get gold.  Seats sold out for over five years and easily 3 years of deep play off runs.

We might need to add something on D. A crease clearing Dman if we get Yandle not Buf.

And overall I think D might need some extra work to make deep playoff runs. We make playoffs every year for sure and go past 1st  round. 

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Based on the Aquilini's being down with the 2 year 20 million dollar offer for Sundin, I don't see how we don't make a big pitch.

The marketing and merchandise revenue alone has gotta make any GM drool right now.

Marketing and corporate sponsorship dollars for Stamkos is why the whole Stamkos to TOR talk makes so much sense, he could make 3 to 4 mill per year just off marketing in TOR.

Won't be as good for him in Vancouver but it'll be much better than what he makes in Tampa.

For the team it'll be huge, ticket sales and jersey and merchandise sale will be worth signing a guy like Stamkos

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

We might need to add something on D. A crease clearing Dman if we get Yandle not Buf.

And overall I think D might need some extra work to make deep playoff runs. We make playoffs every year for sure and go past 1st  round. 

I sure like watching Gurbranson play,  Burns is a UFA end of 2016-17.. I the the Sharks are on the verge of a major tear down.

regardless,  the 2016 trade deadline, season end, and draft day are going to be exciting times for Canucks fans.

geezus ..  Watching L.A game.. Vinny has 3 goals in 3 nights,  see what a change of scenery will do!

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Marketing and corporate sponsorship dollars for Stamkos is why the whole Stamkos to TOR talk makes so much sense, he could make 3 to 4 mill per year just off marketing in TOR.

Won't be as good for him in Vancouver but it'll be much better than what he makes in Tampa.

For the team it'll be huge, ticket sales and jersey and merchandise sale will be worth signing a guy like Stamkos

It was the same thing with Luongo.

You gotta believe the Aquilini's were thrilled to finally have a big name player like him to sell tickets.

I don't think it will come down to the dollars though, it will be where Stamkos wants to play.

Yeah, I'm watching LA DAL game too, thinking same thing about Vinny. Don't know if he can keep it up though. If he can provide solid 2way game as 3C LA can do some damage in playoffs.

Most overpaid guy in NHL history. THe guy was making 10 mill per in Tampa, got bought out and signed 20+ mill in Philly. Robbery.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You sure see a lot of Canucks Jerseys across the continent,   I wonder what sales numbers of team products look like for each franchise?

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yeah, I'm watching LA DAL game too, thinking same thing about Vinny. Don't know if he can keep it up though. If he can provide solid 2way game as 3C LA can do some damage in playoffs.

Most overpaid guy in NHL history. THe guy was making 10 mill per in Tampa, got bought out and signed 20+ mill in Philly. Robbery.

Possibly most over rated player in history, yikes.. Hate to even say that

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It was the same thing with Luongo.

You gotta believe the Aquilini's were thrilled to finally have a big name player like him to sell tickets.

I don't think it will come down to the dollars though, it will be where Stamkos wants to play.

It's always about the dollars. If it wasn't' why would he want to leave Tampa. He's had a broken leg, he knows 1 injury could end it but still negotiating for more $$, taking it down to the wire. 

Tampa is a real good, young team who just made the Cup finals. He's the captain and other than LA and ANA it's the best place to play, right there with NY. 

He would have signed a long time ago if it wasn't' about the money. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It's always about the dollars. If it wasn't' why would he want to leave Tampa. He's had a broken leg, he knows 1 injury could end it but still negotiating for more $$, taking it down to the wire. 

Tampa is a real good, young team who just made the Cup finals. He's the captain and other than LA and ANA it's the best place to play, right there with NY. 

He would have signed a long time ago if it wasn't' about the money. 

I'm saying he's gonna get more than a few huge offers. He'll have no shortage of potential suitors.

Thinking that we'll be able to outbid any team to get him is probably unrealistic. If he has no interest in playing here, it won't matter if we offer him 10 mil a year.

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Look at that crowd in LA on a Tuesday night!    We need to make a few small ballsy moves like we discussed. BooM !!

14 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

SEDIN-SEDIN-SHINKARUK

BAERTSCHI-HORVAT-STAMKOS

VIRTANEN-MCCAN-LUCIC

DORSETT-SUTTER-GRENIER

ROME-ROME

ROME-ROME

ROME-ROME

MARKSTROM

ROME

Damn Torts, you've got one ugly mug. sick of seeeing your mug on CDC. 

And Rome was AV's fav. not yours. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I'm saying he's gonna get more than a few huge offers. He'll have no shortage of potential suitors.

Thinking that we'll be able to outbid any team to get him is probably unrealistic. If he has no interest in playing here, it won't matter if we offer him 10 mil a year.

Ah,, I see. Yeah he'll definitely get lots of offers.

ANA has lots of cap space. They just traded Hagelin for Peron and cleared up 4mill more next year. I can totally see Stamkos going to ANA. He'll have a chance to win and live in the US, big market, good weather city. 

Archived