The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to Corey Hirsch

VIC_CITY

I have fond memories of Hirsch going back to his junior days with the Kamloops Blazers. To have him now, as a former Canuck bringing some heart to our broadcasts is such a treat. His positivity is a welcome and unfortunately rare commodity in the Canucks world. 

4 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

Nah. Need more Damian Cox, PJ Stock and Glenn Healy. 

Sarcasm alert.

But I agree with the OP. I do the same thing -- record the games and listen carefully to Hirsch. His analysis of goaltending is very helpful as well. I have learned a lot from listening to his comments. I like Valk as well, but Hirsch provides a lot more analysis.

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

Sarcasm alert.

But I agree with the OP. I do the same thing -- record the games and listen carefully to Hirsch. His analysis of goaltending is very helpful as well. I have learned a lot from listening to his comments. I like Valk as well, but Hirsch provides a lot more analysis.

Damnit, I'm usually good with the sarcasm!  I need to take a commercial timeout.

11 minutes ago, ice orca said:

TSN the Leafs sports network...really?

They definitely had the market cornered on eastern bias, but at least TSN and Sportsnet semi-attempted to raise their game when in competition with each other and TSN has better hockey guys in Duff and McKenzie. Watching NHL games since SN took over is painful, especially since they mothballed the pacific branch.   

6 hours ago, davydgoliath said:

I have fond memories of Hirsch going back to his junior days with the Kamloops Blazers. To have him now, as a former Canuck bringing some heart to our broadcasts is such a treat. His positivity is a welcome and unfortunately rare commodity in the Canucks world. 

hehe yeah.... Ever hang out at the stockmens after the game and listen to Hitch and Rick the Bear Wiles?  Good times indeed.  

Archived