The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On a happy note

Roberts

Back when we had a competent third line with CHEMISTRY, classic Vigneault possession hockey.

Moving on from that to Tortorella's SHOOT EVERYTHING FROM EVERYWHERE ... (aka we're just not getting the bounces right now hockey) was one of the most painful things in recent memory as a Canuck fan. 

37 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I always get a chuckle out of this memory. The day before the game, Mike Keenan, coaching the Flames, complained about the length of Willie MItchell's stick. So Willie comes out in warmup with this gem.

Lol classic

While I do miss the entertainment of the good old times during that SCF run, I cant help but get a sick taste in my mouth due to the piss poor reffing during the SCF...

If it wasn't for the god awful and one side reffing, Canucks would have had won the cup that year. Such great, but bitter memories, I'm sorry...

6 hours ago, Roberts said:

Kinda random but I was looking back at the good times for Canucks and I found what I think to be the best shift in Canucks history.

Sorry to be that guy, but this shift, where the Sedins are on the bookends of it, sort of typifies one of the ways the Sedins will be remembered...that is -- great at puck possession and generating chances, but falling short of converting.  I love the Sedinery and I will miss it when they retire, but if the Sedins were able to convert their chances at a rate of say 10% more, the Canucks would have had a couple of Cups during their run of 2009 to 2012.  

It was the same last spring...they controlled the play when they were on the ice, but couldn't cash in when it was needed.

On another note -- did you guys notice how quick Ballard was on his pinch?  He got to the puck quickly.  Too bad that he was hurt his whole time here...he could have been a real good one.

Man what a different style of play from what we see today. Hard to believe that wasn't even the Sedins dominating the play.

Can't believe AV put Ballard in his doghouse over Rome. Sure he may have had his flaws, but his skating and physicality was a nice addition. By the time we needed him in the finals, his confidence was already shot though.

Archived