The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

They may actually have found Nibiru.

aliboy

Brown, who played a role in Pluto's demotion to a dwarf planet, says "all those people who are mad that Pluto is no longer a planet can be thrilled to know that there is a real planet out there still to be found. Now we can go and find this planet and make the solar system have nine planets once again."

Wrong - means there should be 10!  :D

I'm quite certain that astrophysics has shown there are two bodies out there part of our solar system they hadn't been able to find precisely yet (too dark and distant) but they can calculate that they are there.

Also, if you are referring to Sitchin's Nibiru it would need to have an elliptical orbit coming in to close proximity with the asteroid belt. By that same reckoning, Nibiru is supposed to have an internal heat source of some kind. Sitchan also said that it had a much shorter orbit.

And it can't be counted as being discovered until they can take a photo/image of it of some kind.

They say in the video that the orbit may be 20,000 years... I'll go out on a limb and suggest it might be 25,920 years... give or take.

18 minutes ago, theminister said:

I'm quite certain that astrophysics has shown there are two bodies out there part of our solar system they hadn't been able to find precisely yet (too dark and distant) but they can calculate that they are there.

Also, if you are referring to Sitchin's Nibiru it would need to have an elliptical orbit coming in to close proximity with the asteroid belt. By that same reckoning, Nibiru is supposed to have an internal heat source of some kind. Sitchan also said that it had a much shorter orbit.

And it can't be counted as being discovered until they can take a photo/image of it of some kind.

They say in the video that the orbit may be 20,000 years... I'll go out on a limb and suggest it might be 25,920 years... give or take.

I only called it Nibiru because I'm sure some are going to call it that, not really into all that myself. 

2 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I only called it Nibiru because I'm sure some are going to call it that, not really into all that myself. 

If the planet does have the characteristics from the article then calling it Nibiru would make sense since it would have so much in common with what the 'pseudo-scientist' Sitchin said.

In fact, so much so that everyone may need to take a closer look at how he reached that conclusion. That could be an uncomfortable situation for many historians.

I would say the same with the findings about the Younger Dryas and Graham Hancock. Pseudo-scientists suddenly have been coming up with good models.

More to this story than stone->bronze->iron? It's certainly seems so to me.

I recall the Nibru doomsday theory from when I was a teenager lol.  Something about ancient documents showing that cataclysm comes to earth every 20k years or something.   Causing some gravitational pull on earth causing floods, earthquakes, tsunami's, volcanic eruptions etc..  Be interesting too see if they can find more evidence to support their theory.  The trojectory of the 9th planet does indeed match the believed pattern of Nibru.  I think its silly we spend so little to study our solar system.  So many astroids and little things that could cause a lot of issue here in earth.  Hopefully this creates a spark so we can better fund NASA and space exploration. :P

6 minutes ago, theminister said:

If the planet does have the characteristics from the article then calling it Nibiru would make sense since it would have so much in common with what the 'pseudo-scientist' Sitchin said.

In fact, so much so that everyone may need to take a closer look at how he reached that conclusion. That could be an uncomfortable situation for many historians.

I would say the same with the findings about the Younger Dryas and Graham Hancock. Pseudo-scientists suddenly have been coming up with good models.

Granham Hancock and Randall Carlson are really cool to listen too.  Joe Rogan podcast has some great eps.  

Is the most recent podcast with them together.  I got Grahams latest book.  Gotta get too reading it :P

i hate how people say hamcock and sitchin are pseudo scientists these guys did great work  whereas the general theories that archeology is based on is unscientific because any theories they have if theres evidence against it they throw out the evidence  which is pure ignorance ... basically evolution does occur slowly over time but doesnt prove that we werent genetically engineered or created or helped along way so we became smarter than apes. Plus human civilization dates keep going back earlier and earlier. If we cant build rock buildings 13000 yrs later  and they had more technology that we cant match today we really have deevolved.  Baalbek and gobekli tepe and giza and  many other sites are proof this is true 

58 minutes ago, theminister said:

A number of years ago another scientist had a similar theory, based on long period comets, something disrupting their orbits. He was looking for a Brown Dwarf 3-5 times the size of Jupiter and he thought once Kepler had launched it would find the body. And I understand that Kepler did complete a full scan, yet I didn't hear that it found anything, so this is somewhat confusing. If Kepler can't see it then I give other telescopes little chance as it must be stone cold and pretty much invisible.

That being said, if something 10x the size of Earth did pass through the inner solar system it wouldn't have to necessarily hit anything to cause chaos. It could effect planetary orbits and if it came too close to Earth it could cause oceans to pile up.

It's interesting to me that when we learn data about something as potentially Earth shattering as thus, pun intended, that we don't have much to say on the implications. Very similar to the learnings in string theory, quantum physics, and as travella said and I referenced, the Younger Dryas and Gobekli Tepe. 

Yet we focus on small things like bombs and minor fluctuations in economic graphs. 

We are a very weak culture/civilization IMHO. Priorities, no?

Archived