The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Garrett calls out the league for their treatment of the Sedins

nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Can't disagree with Cheech on that. Another huge problem the twins have always faced is playinging on a team that doesn't attempt to rip the heads off of anyone who even breathes on them (the twins); it's disgraceful and embarrassing. 

The twins have seldom been on the ice with teammates that are willing to kill for them, and that's a crying shame.

They're our generals, and not a single soldier has ever stuck their neck out for them. Disgraceful and embarrassing once again.

Just look at that hit by Eager...no one laid a finger on him. A lot of players do it because the Canucks don't respond.  Thankfully there was somewhat of one vs the Islanders

7 minutes ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

Henrik needs to deliver a Pavel Bure type elbow one of these days.

hqdefault.jpg

You mean like this?

Pavel got to do that because we had a guy named Gino sitting on the bench and sometimes even on Pavel's wing. Heck even after Pavel and then Gino both got traded Gino let it be known across the entire league if you mess with my buddy Pavel you'll have to face me eventually.

As for Henrik. I think if he actually had enough and delivered a cross check to the mouth of a bully. You know the kind where there's so many teeth on the ice they need a couple of those ice scraper gals to come out with their shovels to gather them all.

nhl-chicago-blackhawks-colorado-avalanch

I think every hockey fan, including those who call him and Daniel "sisters" would stand up and applaud.

I'm always in favour of seeing people call out the league and DOPS for how terrible they handle most situations.

Sedins never get respect, and likely never will. All the fairweather fans already have it ingrained in their minds that the Sedins are soft and all that nonsense.

2 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Just look at that hit by Eager...no one laid a finger on him. A lot of players do it because the Canucks don't respond.  Thankfully there was somewhat of one vs the Islanders

I don't think Dors throwing an elbow at Tavares is the right coarse of action. Someone needed to punch the face right off of that big, dumb, Russian prick for running Hank from behind. 

Edler has been a massive disappointment in that way. Why on earth is he such a pussy? 

Cheech is right in what he says.  Unfortunately, the only likely outcome for this is a warning/fine to the Nucks and pressure by the NHL on Sportsnet to dump Garrett. 

It's just how the NHL under Bettman and the Board of Morons operate. Its not a sports league, it's a circus with the goal of entertaining the uneducated whilst making millions for the owners.

The Sedins are elite offensive players who play a grinding cycle style where they are constantly taking abuse. Yet they keep on putting up points while taking the beating. Its more like a show of respect when players take a run at them and try to take them out, rather than disrespect. They do this to them out of the frustration of not being able to stop them.

Sure its disrespectful to intend to injure other players, but these types of hits happen all over the league to other elite players, they are always a target.

Softer players like Patrick Kane don't get targeted like the Sedins because they are tough and everybody knows it.

Archived