The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Garrett calls out the league for their treatment of the Sedins

nuckin_futz

On January 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM, drummerboy said:

That's because bob Mac isn't a total homer that speaks everything thought that comes to his head.       He is very well respected as a hockey man. 

John wrote the book of homer.     He is well known for whining about everything that doesn't go the canucks way. 

I love listening to John and John. They are great at what they do. 

But John Garrett is not the right man to be writing this article if it is supposed to be takin seariously. 

He isn't wrong though. 

i can't believe people whinig about cheech being a homer.if  you think he's the biggest homer in the league you're absolutely clueless.i have the nhl package and ALL colour men are biased.go listen to a bruins game.oh yeah garrett's more biased than Dhead potvin ,the guy yells at the sedins like he's still in the game.one guy sounds exactly like the champ from rock 101.

21 hours ago, Quoted said:

If you ever visit any of the other team's fora, you see many with the same number of conversations/comments. I recall reading a bunch on the Leafs site about how unfair the officials are to the Leafs and that there is some NHL conspiracy to keep them down. Like with Vancouver, and other profitable clubs, it really makes no sense for the league to hurt the teams that are contributing the most financially (business wise). One the ice, sadly, I do think the Canucks reputation from a few years ago (diving, chirping) is still a bit of a legacy and until the team has changed over a bit more, will still be a bit of a issue (rightly or wrongly, it is reality).

derp

Garrett writes an article claiming the Sedins and the Canucks are mistreated by the league and refs.

Next 2 games the Canucks get 1 measly power play late in the 2nd game.

Not saying there's something going on here but it'll be interesting to keep an eye on this.

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Garrett writes an article claiming the Sedins and the Canucks are mistreated by the league and refs.

Next 2 games the Canucks get 1 measly power play late in the 2nd game.

Not saying there's something going on here but it'll be interesting to keep an eye on this.

All we have to do is get more emails released to know for sure.

On 21 January 2016 at 9:42 PM, Quoted said:

If you ever visit any of the other team's fora, you see many with the same number of conversations/comments. I recall reading a bunch on the Leafs site about how unfair the officials are to the Leafs and that there is some NHL conspiracy to keep them down. Like with Vancouver, and other profitable clubs, it really makes no sense for the league to hurt the teams that are contributing the most financially (business wise). One the ice, sadly, I do think the Canucks reputation from a few years ago (diving, chirping) is still a bit of a legacy and until the team has changed over a bit more, will still be a bit of a issue (rightly or wrongly, it is reality).

This has been going on for close to 20 years now.  It would do you some good to look up the term cash cow (in a business sense).  The NHL is bleeding the Canadian market whilst trying to grow US markets which are loss making or are large markets but under performing financially. You don't increase revenue by trying to increase earnings in an already saturated market, you increase revenue in large markets where you are under performing. 

We dont need to go full bertuzzi on someone but all that had to happen is for someone to go and lay a dirty hit on tavaras and the message would have been sent. Although this should have been done years ago with Kieth and Marchand but the Canucks have been pretty gutless about these issues. Anyone ever see Naslund get cheapshotted again after Bertuzzi did what he did ?  Not that i ever wish for an injury like that nor does it have to go that far but teams arent scared to do something to the twins because they know nothing will happen.

1 hour ago, TheAce said:

We dont need to go full bertuzzi on someone but all that had to happen is for someone to go and lay a dirty hit on tavaras and the message would have been sent. Although this should have been done years ago with Kieth and Marchand but the Canucks have been pretty gutless about these issues. Anyone ever see Naslund get cheapshotted again after Bertuzzi did what he did ?  Not that i ever wish for an injury like that nor does it have to go that far but teams arent scared to do something to the twins because they know nothing will happen.

It would have been better if the NHL just suspended Moore for 5-7 games for his devastating elbow to Naslunds head. Bertuzzi would have seen what the result was for Naslund behind closed doors (it definitely affected Naslunds output/play after the hit), if a suspension came I do not believe Moore or Bertuzzi would have ended up in that mess. And Naslund's league totals would have been a lot higher. 

3 hours ago, HarryCanuck said:

This has been going on for close to 20 years now.  It would do you some good to look up the term cash cow (in a business sense).  The NHL is bleeding the Canadian market whilst trying to grow US markets which are loss making or are large markets but under performing financially. You don't increase revenue by trying to increase earnings in an already saturated market, you increase revenue in large markets where you are under performing. 

Yes, that was mostly my point: successful teams are the "cash cows" and the source of money for revenue sharing, investments, etc. etc. The logic breaks down where people are saying the NHL is actively hurting those teams in favor of the lesser ones. There is a big difference in not trying to increase revenues in a saturated market and hurting that market.

On January 24, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Quoted said:

Yes, that was mostly my point: successful teams are the "cash cows" and the source of money for revenue sharing, investments, etc. etc. The logic breaks down where people are saying the NHL is actively hurting those teams in favor of the lesser ones. There is a big difference in not trying to increase revenues in a saturated market and hurting that market.

you don't get it,dp you?,they know they'll always extract money from us whether we win or not.nobody's going to games in florida or nashville unless they win.simple.

Archived