The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stamkos & Shattenkirk

45 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:
1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

They can't. Not without gutting our prospect pool and draft picks for years to come. Even if you do get them, how do you afford them?

How are we gutting prospects and draft picks, Stamkos will be UFA and St. Louis is looking to make hockey trade for Shattenkirk.

1 minute ago, FinchBird said:

Well, if Stamkos actually reaches free agency Yzerman will officially take his place at the top of my worst GMs list.

Shattenkirk is a D-Man whose usually good for 45 points a season. There's no way we don't take huge hit to our prospects or picks in that trade.

55 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Find out where Gary Bettman is, show up in a brand new white Toyota pickup truck wearing black pajamas, black mask and white running shoes, take Bettman hostage and threaten to behead him with a small kitchen knife if our demands aren't met. 

Gary Bettman owes this organization, besides no one would be overly upset if he was held hostage anyways. 

50 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Does anyone know why the Blues want to trade Shattenkirk? He's been their best defenceman, really weird.

UFA next season and they do not think he fits in their cap plans, or they just want to see what others have to offer so they can determine his $$ value for next contract, who is his agent? What is he worth in 6.5 range maybe more?

3 hours ago, FinchBird said:

Shattenkirk and 2nd for Edler Virtanen Vrbata 

St Louis is looking to make a hockey trade to win now, Shattenkirk is the man we need to anchor our defence into the future. How much would he cost to extend his contract? Thoughts

:blink:

18 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Well, if Stamkos actually reaches free agency Yzerman will officially take his place at the top of my worst GMs list.

Shattenkirk is a D-Man whose usually good for 45 points a season. There's no way we don't take huge hit to our prospects or picks in that trade.

Yzerman was a superb player and I think one of the best GM's in hockey. This is all about cap space with Benning and Linden doing a good job to put the Canucks in a position to go after the big centre they always wanted and still keep Sedins. Love to watch that power play, would even be better if they had Shattenkirk, another UFA after next year running the blue line, would be deadly combo. Now all we need to do is convince Paolo to spend 21 million on 2 Players. I think this could be the solution and foundation to build around for Canucks future as they have good stockpile of entry level forwards to keep cap hit down next year with Sedins, need Sammi Salo to come out of retirement !!

Archived