The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

snowboarding gear

luongo_4_life

Look for some store recommendations for places to buy snowboarding gear with knowledgable staff as this is all new to me. New or used. Just looking for something cheap, although I realize this isn't probably the best time to be buying gear but getting sick of paying for rentals 

I have been snowboarding since grade 8 and Im 31 years old. I have spent a ton of money on gear from board shops and spent far less from places like sport check. The high end gear is never worth the money cause it is marked up so high. I buy all my gear now from places like sport check and stick with brands that have been around forever, like K2 and ride.

I would not buy used stuff but that is just me, if you can find a good deal go for it.

If your new and buying gear for the first time go to sport chek. Your gonna get a better deal then anywhere else and can usually find a pretty good set up for much less than going to an actual snow/ski shop. Chances are your not going to notice a ton of difference between a $200 board and a $600 board. Sport chek sells all the good brands (K2, Solomon, Burton) too. It's always nice to help out the mom and pop shops around town but if you are looking to save money and not spend a fortune then take my advice. 

13 minutes ago, Pickly said:

If your new and buying gear for the first time go to sport chek. Your gonna get a better deal then anywhere else and can usually find a pretty good set up for much less than going to an actual snow/ski shop. Chances are your not going to notice a ton of difference between a $200 board and a $600 board. Sport chek sells all the good brands (K2, Solomon, Burton) too. It's always nice to help out the mom and pop shops around town but if you are looking to save money and not spend a fortune then take my advice

You said exactly what I just said... Do you read other peoples posts?

If you know a lot of international students, they're a good source for secondary market products. 

A lot of them buy stuff brand new, use for maybe 1 season and then move back to their original country, thus selling barely used equipment for cheap. 

I would also normally recommend you to buy stuff online from the US and then just pick them up at the border, but with the rapid appreciation of the USD in the last year, it might not be such a good deal anymore. 

Archived