The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sutter returns , now what?

Toyotasfan

When Sutter returns to the line up Saturday it creates an interesting lineup problem, how will he be slotted in? Top line probably but what will the 4th line be? Maybe something like this?

Daniel Sedin - Brandon Sutter - Jannik Hansen

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata

Alexandre Burrows - Linden Vey - Emerson Etem

Derek Dorsett -Jared McCannJake Virtanen

Alexander Edler - Christopher Tanev

Ben Hutton - Luca Sbisa

Matt Bartkowski - Alex Biega

Ryan Miller

Brandon??

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

When Sutter returns to the line up Saturday it creates an interesting lineup problem, how will he be slotted in? Top line probably but what will the 4th line be? Maybe something like this?

Daniel Sedin - Ryan Sutter - Jannik Hansen

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata

Alexandre Burrows - Linden Vey - Emerson Etem

Derek Dorsett -Jared McCannJake Virtanen

Alexander Edler - Christopher Tanev

Ben Hutton - Luca Sbisa

Matt Bartkowski - Alex Biega

Ryan Miller

I don't think he'll be thrown into the top line on his first game back. Probably the third or fourth line

Edit: I don't know how you separate Vey and Etem at this point though, and you can't play those two on your fourth line...

With how well they've been hanging in, why not hold out 'til we get home(at least)?

Play out the last coupla' games, & he'd get a bonus 2 wks, to be 100% sure his groin is ok. They've stolen so many pts, it's like house money gamblin' 'til the break.

Vey's been playing well, & this Zal-kid sounds like he can play.

In Feb, we can look forward to the return of Suts, our C, & Hammy..Patience.

respect those hyper links.

There was a topic like this floating around, but I'm too lazy to go find it. So let's use this one.

With Sutter back, I think one or both of Vrbata/Prust get moved. Vey has quietly earned his spot on this team, while Virtanen seems to have taken big strides since the WJC. In addition to this, the acquisition and strong performance of Etem has solidified another roster spot. This forces the veteran pending UFAs out, as the deadline approaches their value increases. 

Anyways, I say throw Sutter back on the wing and have him take the faceoffs for Jared. 

Sedin McCann Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem
Dorsett Cracknell Virtanen

When H. Sedin comes back:

Sedin Sedin Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem
Dorsett McCann Virtanen
(Cracknell)

I think with Sutter returning, we're looking at some more moves coming. 

22 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

There was a topic like this floating around, but I'm too lazy to go find it. So let's use this one.

With Sutter back, I think one or both of Vrbata/Prust get moved. Vey has quietly earned his spot on this team, while Virtanen seems to have taken big strides since the WJC. In addition to this, the acquisition and strong performance of Etem has solidified another roster spot. This forces the veteran pending UFAs out, as the deadline approaches their value increases. 

Anyways, I say throw Sutter back on the wing and have him take the faceoffs for Jared. 

Sedin McCann Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem

Sedin Sedin Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem
Dorsett McCann Virtanen
(Cracknell)

Love that lineup

I think he should take his time and ensure this is not a lingering type injury. Right now we can afford to have him out of the lineup given how the young guys have been playing. We need Sutter to be at full health, he is an excellent PK guy and can play 2nd line minutes. He also is our best faceoff man, something we need badly. 

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sedin McCann Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem

Sedin Sedin Sutter
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Burrows Vey Etem
Dorsett McCann Virtanen
(Cracknell)

D Sedin- Mc Cain Hansen   / Bear - Horvat - Edem / Burrows - Sutter - Verbs /  4th line - ok - Vey can be conditioning and train more  

37 minutes ago, Adamth said:

D Sedin- Mc Cain Hansen   / Bear - Horvat - Edem / Burrows - Sutter - Verbs /  4th line - ok - Vey can be conditioning and train more  

Superfries is centering the top line? :lol:

Btw, it would likely be McCann getting a game off. Benning said the rookies would be getting scheduled games off. McCann hasn't because of injuries. So he's likely due.

Archived