The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Message Management is Sending to it's Players

ThaManbeast

i think jim and trevor and willie are walking a tight line...ownership doesn't want to lose anymore paying fan base...they don't want the group to alienate the fans...on one hand, they need to keep fans happy and on the other to build a team that can compete for years to come....fans are crying for more youth but they have to do what's best for these guy's development...

mccann is not strong enough yet for the nhl...virtanen is strong enough but hasn't learned yet how to use that strength properly yet...

willie would prefer for young guys to learn their trade, playing against their peers and making their mistakes before they come up...but he has to try and teach them while playing against men...when they struggle, then he is a bad coach....

fans don't see or understand that....they may agree on how jb is trying to build this team, but they want it done right now...

55 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Correct; they are allowed to do so. But the amount of venom spit towards WD was off the charts for months and was really unwarranted; even at the time. 

WD would never waste his time reading stuff on this website. He's just fine. 

17 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i think jim and trevor and willie are walking a tight line...ownership doesn't want to lose anymore paying fan base...they don't want the group to alienate the fans...on one hand, they need to keep fans happy and on the other to build a team that can compete for years to come....fans are crying for more youth but they have to do what's best for these guy's development...

mccann is not strong enough yet for the nhl...virtanen is strong enough but hasn't learned yet how to use that strength properly yet...

willie would prefer for young guys to learn their trade, playing against their peers and making their mistakes before they come up...but he has to try and teach them while playing against men...when they struggle, then he is a bad coach....

fans don't see or understand that....they may agree on how jb is trying to build this team, but they want it done right now...

That's the newer generations Joe.

Not only do they want their cake and eat it too, they want it before it's baked.

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Management is still arrogant, like Gillis, but in a different way.  These guys think they can draft their way to a Cup level team, while picking later in the rounds.  

This also makes the team more dependable on UFAs with the low chances of panning out from lower drafted 1st round and you know how UFAs are treated in this town. 

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Management is still arrogant, like Gillis, but in a different way.  These guys think they can draft their way to a Cup level team, while picking later in the rounds.  

Management's not willing to go into full tank mode to acquire a top pick but they are taking a huge risk in icing a very young team. In my opinion, they have rolled the dice this season and so far and fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it) the team remains competitive in their division and is winning just enough games to keep them in the race. It's not managements fault that they keep winning games of late it's just the way the cookie crumbles. I've said it before, that as long as the Sedins are on this team the Canucks will be hard pressed to finish near the bottom of the league. 

6 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

This also makes the team more dependable on UFAs with the low chances of panning out from lower drafted 1st round and you know how UFAs are treated in this town. 

I think it's all about saving money for Aquaman.  He's too worried the fans will Not support a rebuild.  I think he's completely wrong.  The fans want to see the team rebuild.  We want to see young top five picks, with elite talent, in our line up.  I actually find their arrogance, and assumptive attitude about our fan base insulting.  

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Management's not willing to go into full tank mode to acquire a top pick but they are taking a huge risk in icing a very young team. In my opinion, they have rolled the dice this season and so far and fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it) the team remains competitive in their division and is winning just enough games to keep them in the race. It's not managements fault that they keep winning games of late it's just the way the cookie crumbles. I've said it before, that as long as the Sedins are on this team the Canucks will be hard pressed to finish near the bottom of the league. 

Yes, the Twins are great players.  Where did they come in the draft?  I know you know, but I wish the team's management was not so arrogant to assume they will draft more Daniel and Henrik level players outside the top five picks, without HUGE luck on their side.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think it's all about saving money for Aquaman.  He's too worried the fans will Not support a rebuild.  I think he's completely wrong.  The fans want to see the team rebuild.  We want to see young top five picks, with elite talent, in our line up.  I actually find their arrogance, and assumptive attitude about our fan base insulting.  

Well... ticket sales are down for this year. You can get season tickets with no wait list, and tickets from the box office on game day. Hardcore fans like you and me will be there regardless. But the fickle ones have been voting with their feet.

5 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

Well... ticket sales are down for this year. You can get season tickets with no wait list, and tickets from the box office on game day. Hardcore fans like you and me will be there regardless. But the fickle ones have been voting with their feet.

Maybe the fickle fans want to see youth, and a future?  Do we really need any old guys (over 25) except the Twins to rebuild around?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tanev is not over 25, but I'll give you Sutter.

Twins, Sutter, and who else?

Website says Tanev's birthday is 20 Dec 1989. K that's enough of splitting hairs for me B).

Lets see. I'm a Hammer fan. Lets keep him on a contract that makes sense.

21 minutes ago, HenButton said:

Just noticed Gaunce has finally been removed from the roster.Hmmmm?

As is Grenier, Shinkaruk, and all those 1-game callups (excepting Zalewski, who is still active).

Gaunce is still on the Comet's roster

Archived