The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the worst thing ever created by man?

nuckin_futz

Hopefully this thread can lead to some thoughtful discussion. One rule going in, you MAY NOT discuss religion. Sure it's an obvious choice but will lead nowhere and end in a lock.

Human beings are capable of so many great things. Some of our highlights that lead us forward starting way back when : the ability to harness fire, the invention of the wheel, hunting methods, agriculture, construction, the printing press, coffee/beer, steam engines, advances in medicine, airplanes, the internet etc.

However, as a flawed species we are also capable of many terrible things and have destructive tendencies making us capable of vicious things.

The question posed to all who enter. What is the worst thing ever created by man? Please elaborate on your answer a bit if you can.

Is it the nuclear bomb? guns/weapons? politics? capitalism? nationalism? crime? murder, racism? climate change (provided you're in the man made camp)?

Or is it auto tune, Facebook, speed metal, The Boston Bruins, The Twilight series?

Money and Corporations which has led to too much being controlled by too few. Corporations has allowed people to hide behind them without having to answer for their actions. Money has created debts which snowball because of onerous interest rates. Simplistic I know, but you get my drift.

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Money and Corporations which has led to too much being controlled by too few. Corporations has allowed people to hide behind them without having to answer for their actions. Money has created debts which snowball because of onerous interest rates. Simplistic I know, but you get my drift.

I am with you on the protections and powers allowed to corporations because of the lack of accountability/liability they provide.  Money has always existed in some manner and debts can exist without currency.

The damage corporate law has allowed to occur particularly in third world countries is a major problem.

Archived