The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the worst thing ever created by man?

nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Not really, has to be some basis otherwise it would get thrown out by peers...

a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction fora class of phenomena

I think there might be a bit of debate regarding the use of that word...

23 hours ago, Heretic said:

Oh and unless you didn't want to evolve, you should be thankful for "religion":

Dr. Haidt believes that religion has played an important role in human evolution by strengthening and extending the cohesion provided by the moral systems. “If we didn’t have religious minds we would not have stepped through the transition to groupishness,” he said. “We’d still be just small bands roving around.”

Religious behavior may be the result of natural selection, in his view, shaped at a time when early human groups were competing with one another. “Those who found ways to bind themselves together were more successful,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/science/18mora.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5088&en=dd9759e9cc299aa1&ex=1347768000&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0

You are the biggest glutton for punishment I have ever encountered on this board, you keep trying to mess with me and get shot down over and over and keep coming back with the same lame arguments. Religion turns people into mindless zombies, willing slaves to the power hungry sociopaths at the top of the heirarchy.

3 minutes ago, Bill Sikes said:

You are the biggest glutton for punishment I have ever encountered on this board, you keep trying to mess with me and get shot down over and over and keep coming back with the same lame arguments. Religion turns people into mindless zombies, willing slaves to the power hungry sociopaths at the top of the heirarchy.

So much wrong with this...so ignorant...so lacking any logic and scientific basis....just another keyboard warrior spewing hate - which is exactly what I think is one of the worst things created by man...

On 24/02/2016 at 1:57 AM, smokes said:

Worse thing created by man is the iphone. People don't know how to go through an evening without looking at thier phones anymore.

All the silly games people are addicted to plus social media probably being up there as worst creation,  a tool for people to show that they are accepted by others for doing the same thing and agreeing with others has completely removed the individual from acting as an individual.

The Internet as an educational/informational tool is great but the way it has exploded as an exploitation tool in many aspects as well as a tool to profile and gather information is up there as worst creation.

Archived