The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the worst thing ever created by man?

nuckin_futz

13 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I am with you on the protections and powers allowed to corporations because of the lack of accountability/liability they provide.  Money has always existed in some manner and debts can exist without currency.

The damage corporate law has allowed to occur particularly in third world countries is a major problem.

Sure, but it would have been "you owe me two goats". Now debt can accumulate to the point where entire countries go broke because interest exceeds the original debt.

Is it too late to change my answer to Toronto.

Advertising.

Boy bands.

Excess tech.

It's all end-game theory, nowadays. Noone talked this way in say mid-20th C, because there was still a lot of low hanging fruit. Now that's all picked, & everyone's fighting for the ladder, to polish off the orchard.

Malthus warned us centuries back..but we all like shaggin' too much.

The credit card. People are so dependant on credit. It's ridiculous. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. I have one, and the reason I have one is due to credit score, and I buy what I can afford.  In this day and age, a good credit score is important. 

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

So as long as women can vote, they are equal.  Okay, then.

In one respect, yes. The etc. was meant to cover the rest. :rolleyes: 

I support equality for everyone, but the equity/entitlement attitude that's been going around with it is whack. So if that's what you're referring to by feminism, then yes, I agree that it's one of the worst things.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

In one respect, yes. The etc. was meant to cover the rest. :rolleyes: 

I support equality for everyone, but the equity/entitlement attitude that's been going around with it is whack. So if that's what you're referring to by feminism, then yes, I agree that it's one of the worst things.

Exactly.  You have no idea what modern feminism is.  I've detailed my argument in the other thread already, so I don't wanna point everything out twice.

There is no entitlement attitude.  For all intents and purposes, most people here are feminists but have some confused definition of what "feminism" means.  When's the last time you've read real articles from real feminist thinkers about feminism?

Archived