The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the worst thing ever created by man?

nuckin_futz

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"Things" aren't good nor bad.

What man does with some of them are.

True. 

Man is both good and bad, but some things are used in the name of good or bad more than others. The answer should be what thing, if removed from society, would take away the most evil from the world.

Of course it's all hypothetical and you could argue something else would just replace it. Makes me think of the South Park episode where science replaces religion. Instead of fighting over which god is the right god, they fight over which science is the right science.

I guess the idea of people not fighting over some ideology is not realistic. You just hope that civilization will find a higher level of consciousness at some point in evolution.

Theater 3-D glasses (charging extra $$$ to barely make images appear 3-D, nice try I-MAX)
Croc's (they should be called "Ugh's" instead)
Extra-large food/ drink sizes (hello, obesity)
Plastic phone cases (phone had problems with overheating because the material insulates so well)
Coca-Cola (high levels of acids/ sugars, bad for health)
Cigarettes (what's so "sexy" about a guy with decaying liver and teeth, and who exhales carcinogenic smoke?)
Fries, processed meat (made from mystery meat; continued consumption could causes cancer/ obesity)
That song "Friday"
The harvesting of durian for food 

Apart from some joke items,

Money, being the source of greed, exploitation and inequality
Weapons, for obtaining wealth through violence/ to wipe others out in "self-defense" (hello, USA)

Archived