The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Backes rejects 3 years $5.5mil AAV contract from Blues

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I notice how you sneaked in JUOLEVI.  And I LIKED IT!::D

ya it be nice if we could draft this kid  or some how  trade dorsett, prust, burrows, vrbata, hamhuis weber and higgins  all for picks  somehow draft puljujarvi and juolevi our  future  core would be so sick heres hoping

5.5 for 3  was fair. To heck with what kesler got. I'm sure there's a comparable out ther to Backes who is getting less.

Why do gms sign these types of contacts (kesler) when they know darn well it will come back to bite the team in the ass. 

Upon Backes rejecting that offer I would have immediately put him on the block.  

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

5.5 for 3  was fair. To heck with what kesler got. I'm sure there's a comparable out ther to Backes who is getting less.

Why do gms sign these types of contacts (kesler) when they know darn well it will come back to bite the team in the ass. 

Because the GM signing the deal knows it's going to be the next Guy's ass getting bit.:lol:

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

The Kesler deal is already bad for the ducks.

LOL! Watch him get injured and has to settle for less at FA. Or worse sign a 1 year "show me if you can still play" contract. He's a decent proven #1 centre on the Blues, but if he were on any other elite team, he would be #2 at best. If I we're St. Louis, I'd trade him for a 2016 1st+2nd round pick + picks/prospects +.

Besides, they have rookie centre Robby Fabbri who has 11 goals compared to Backes' 12. Trade him while he's still worth something.

Archived