The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Syrian Refugees Feeling Hopeless

Stanky Legs

1 hour ago, Stanky Legs said:

I'm thinking if they really want to go back, maybe the government can use the C130's. Probably get a survey or something so that we can send them back in groups. We make them happy and we save money on commercial flights.

Probably they can advise other people in refugee camps back home in what to expect and if they want to go through with it.

They're not going back.

Funny how we were told they were living in squalor, were escaping from a war torn Country, and were scared for their lives.  Guess it wasn't all that bad considering they want to go back. 

How about they switch places with the homeless living on the streets to get a little perspective of how good they have it?

This round of Syrian refugees is brought to you by White Guilt (tm)! White Guilt, destroying Western Europe one stupid policy at a time.

Super, my tax dollars are going to house ungrateful foreigners. Imagine if we put up our own homeless people in hotels, somehow I doubt they would complain. Oh that's right, can't feel sorry for our own homeless, they should just realize how privileged they are and use the built-in entitlement their ethnic background provides them to land an automatic 100K per year job and a condo..

I'm thinking maybe the Canucks management can dedicate one premium box for them every game day for entertainment. That's the least we can do after uprooting them.

Im thinking maybe the WhiteCaps as well. We can open the top area to them for free. Arabs like football. It might help a little bit.

7 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

I'm thinking maybe the Canucks management can dedicate one premium box for them every game day for entertainment. That's the least we can do after uprooting them.

Im thinking maybe the WhiteCaps as well. We can open the top area to them for free. Arabs like football. It might help a little bit.

Uprooting them? They don't like what we offer...  Send them back 

I am sure for every one ungrateful there is 10 that would accept just not being in that country anymore.

I don't even..............

They are getting free/easy entry into this country with FREE accommodation and they are complaining?

I'd really like to call them out on their statements of going back to their country and see what happens. 

There are thousands of homeless people with CANADIAN origins who can only dream of getting out of the cold into any kind of hotel room and spend a night cozy inside. 

This is the problem with the human mindset. There is an old saying where I am from. You give someone a finger they will want your hand, you give someone your hand they will want your entire arm ect ect 

The more you give, the more people expect. 

Absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe they had no shame or sense of embarrassment to even say this. 

1 hour ago, Stanky Legs said:

I can't tell if you're actually being serious....

Hey why not just let a whole family crash at your place? You can just rent a hotel room while they do so. It's the least you can do, right? 

The results were obvious for anyone not caught up with the latest fad crisis, Trudeau-mania, anti-Stephen Harper, etc.

Not enough funding, not enough time, and not enough actual thought out planning given.  Just a bunch of politicians wanting to buy votes and a bunch of random people wanting some feel good story they can latch onto with barely any person effort and resources actually spent on it. 

3 hours ago, Mustapha said:

This round of Syrian refugees is brought to you by White Guilt (tm)! White Guilt, destroying Western Europe one stupid policy at a time.

Super, my tax dollars are going to house ungrateful foreigners. Imagine if we put up our own homeless people in hotels, somehow I doubt they would complain. Oh that's right, can't feel sorry for our own homeless, they should just realize how privileged they are and use the built-in entitlement their ethnic background provides them to land an automatic 100K per year job and a condo..

"Our" homeless don't deserve free housing or any type of accommodation. Majority of the people that are homeless is because they're strung out on drugs etc rather have respectable people (refugees) from a prominent background live off my tax money then some bum who if given the opportunity would most likely blow any little cash on more drugs and be on the streets once again. 

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

I can't tell if you're actually being serious....

Hey why not just let a whole family crash at your place? You can just rent a hotel room while they do so. It's the least you can do, right? 

I'm sure everyone can see every post stanky has made on this topic is sarcasm to the next level. Pushing his negative agenda once again, mods locked his 10 other threads ... Obviously he was going to take another shot it by using a whole different angle.

8 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I mean consider their options, they can live in, a panic and diseased filled poor conditions of the refugee camps or Toronto.

I rather go to a panic and diseased filled poor conditions so I could avoid watching the Toronto Maple Leafs stinking up the joint and listening to Don Cherry raving about prospects in the Toronto area. 

8 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Funny how we were told they were living in squalor, were escaping from a war torn Country, and were scared for their lives.  Guess it wasn't all that bad considering they want to go back. 

How about they switch places with the homeless living on the streets to get a little perspective of how good they have it?

How about you switch places with the homeless people since it is the same thing. Those refugees weren't homeless in the first place, they probably had houses big enough to fit your own house inside it. So no, its not really about getting a perspective on things when the West screwed up Syria. They don't all of a sudden become poor because of their own decisions since it wasn't their decision to get bombed.

Archived