The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Byfuglien Likely To Stay With Jets Over Ladd

Boddy604

UPDATE:

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/dustin-byfuglien-wants-to-stay-in-winnipeg-1.2762605

Shawn Churchill, CTV Winnipeg
Published Tuesday, February 2, 2016 10:34PM CST

Dustin Byfuglien set the record straight regarding his desire to play in Winnipeg.

Tuesday night, the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent was very open about wanting to sign a new contract with the Winnipeg Jets.

“Yeah, I would love to. I've met a lot of good people and have some really good friends. I've been here for a long time. It's...You never want to leave home. I've been here long enough. It's...Family's been here and I've had two kids here. It's somewhere you don't want to leave,” said Byfuglien following the Jets 5-3 loss to Dallas.

Byfuglien scored his 15th goal of the year Tuesday and is now tied for the team lead.

He will be an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

1 minute ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Heard he's looking to be traded to LA.  Any truth to that?

Not sure how they would make that work with the salary cap. Jets would have to take back one of Carter, Brown or Gaborik just to make the cap hits even. 

1 hour ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Heard he's looking to be traded to LA.  Any truth to that?

TSN reported that LA would be interested. Which is a real "No sh*t, of course they'd be interested" report. As far as him "looking to be traded to LA", there's been no report that he wants to be traded to them.

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

Not sure how they would make that work with the salary cap. Jets would have to take back one of Carter, Brown or Gaborik just to make the cap hits even. 

This. And nobody wants Brown's contract or Gaborik at his age. As for Carter, he's essential to the Kings success, so he's going nowhere.

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

So that's how LA gets out of Brown's contract. They get Buffy for another cup run and cap space to re-sign Lucic :lol:

Hilarious if this actually happens.

Archived