Toews

4 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

If we're making a playoff push...

Vrbata for Eriksson

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Burrows-Vey/McCann-Etem

Gaunce/Dorsett-Cracknell-Dorsett/Virtanen

They'd probably want picks instead. But if Boston was willing, then make the deal. 

I'd do that deal in a second.  Boston, however, would not.  Better UFA for lesser UFA doesn't make sense for them.  If he isn't re-signed, he's likely going somewhere as a rental and then hitting the market.

I know we are trying to get younger, but he'd had great chemistry with the Sedins in the past and I'd be happy to see him here.  With that said, he's looking for a long-term contract for fairly big coin so I can't see it.

not worth the ink written on to sign him ,he is not what we need besides we have no cap space they will want picks an prospects back ,it would be very very dumb to entertain anything for him.we are only a three of four loss streak away to being back in sweepstake lottery again.

32 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

not worth the ink written on to sign him ,he is not what we need besides we have no cap space they will want picks an prospects back ,it would be very very dumb to entertain anything for him.we are only a three of four loss streak away to being back in sweepstake lottery again.

Another voice of reason which will not be appreciated. It is laughable how many fans actually think this roster is only one home run away from CUP contention. As you suggested the lottery pick is the ideal outcome. At that it looks more likely the draft position will be somewhere in the 6 - 10 positions. Always a possibility that by moving vets Benning can trade up to get who he wants.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/boston-bruins-seem-certain-to-trade-loui-eriksson-by-deadline

Negotiations with Eriksson are ongoing but it maybe looking like he is too expensive for the Bruins. They might look to move him at the deadline despite being in a playoff spot for the moment.

That's because they are a smart franchise.  We should be doing the same FOR SURE with Vrbata and Hamhuis.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's because they are a smart franchise.  We should be doing the same FOR SURE with Vrbata and Hamhuis.

Exactly. Vrbata and Hammer for sure and the gutsy move would be adding Miller to that list. Canucks are young enough that a gamble to move Miller and put Markstrom as #1 has time for that to work out. Finding good back ups is fairly easy these days.

It is all about the return. I am hoping that Benning can move these vets and gain prospects and picks that he might be able to trade up in the draft to get the player he wants.  

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

If we're making a playoff push...

Vrbata for Eriksson

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Burrows-Vey/McCann-Etem

Gaunce/Dorsett-Cracknell-Dorsett/Virtanen

Why? Free agent for free agent for the playoff push doesn't help. Vrbata know the players he's playing with and has pretty good  chemistry on the second right now. Vrbata would only leave if Benning was selling and then it would be for young players and draft picks.

Archived