The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Predators vs Canucks - 7PM PST - SNP

Templeton Peck

5 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Haha Hirsch burning about Edler and his lazy changes

Edler led all Canuck skaters in time on ice by a large margin.  He played 25:23.  He's also leading the skaters in toi for the season.

I wonder if he's getting tired and making mistakes at least in part because of fatigue.  Perhaps he'd do better with less time on the ice.  Of course, it's easy to understand the top pair playing a lot when there's no legitimate 2nd pair to play behind them.

Just now, tyhee said:

Edler led all Canuck skaters in time on ice by a large margin.  He played 25:23.  He's also leading the skaters in toi for the season.

I wonder if he's getting tired and making mistakes at least in part because of fatigue.  Perhaps he'd do better with less time on the ice.  Of course, it's hard to criticize the coach for playing his top pair when the alternative is a couple of 3rd or 4th pairis.

Agree, sad that Tanev has to follow around behind him covering for his mistakes , see that too much lately makes it hard for Tanev to do his own job that way

Just now, cabinessence said:

But almost everyone in the media insists he does so many things well. It's like house radio or something.....

Edler does some things well sometimes but almost like NEVER when it's do-or-die time. That's just how he's wired -- never up for a big challenge. When pressure mounts he wilts.

Time and time again I see Edler skating gingerly unsure of what to do, when the team needs their # 1 defenceman to step up. He never wants to be the guy who carries the play under pressure.

There is no more 'potential' with Edler to fool people. He is exactly WYSIWYG.

Lot of what ifs, here,...like Sutter's break-away,...what if - Hansen had been double-shifted some more,...and where were the more-offensive players instead of coach's pets on that last PP or in the final 2 minutes of the game?

Game was there for the taking. Sad that they dropped another op for points.

3 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Haha Hirsch burning about Edler and his lazy changes

If we're gonna roast Edler for his lazy change on the second goal, we have to roast Daniel for his lazy change on the first one.

At least Edler was hurting; Daniel had no excuse for practically turning his back on an incoming play.

14 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Pheww, lost to sloppy changes.

Why are we so bad at doing line changes?

I think because the team doesn't line-match to begin with.  I think they change on-the-fly too much, as well.  The older players probably come from an era when shifts were longer.  Our vets are letting us down.  They are voting with their feet whether they want to be a playoff team.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Old slow mediocre line changes shouldn't be excuses to give up prime scoring chances...I called that goal when I saw Danny filtering back as the play was on his heels. Like watching a car wreck.

(.."No..No..slow line changes please!...then boom.)

Yup, I gotta agree with you.  However, the guys can find ways to lose in regulation is fine, just so long as we can get our own top five pick out of it.  Plus, maybe JB will trade some older assets for younger ones (picks)?  I heard there is interest in Hamhuis:)

Archived