The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chris Higgins | #20 | LW

Toyotasfan

7 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I caught parts of the games against Toronto on the weekend. I was sure that Higgins was going to stand out in the AHL, but he just looked like another player out there. The play was terrible though. Going from watching the Canucks early game to watching the Comets game at noon was painful. The play was extremely scrambly and players were out of position all over the ice, so it would be near impossible to look good in those types of games. His confidence has to be at an all time low so hopefully he can pot a few goals and give himself a chance to get back to the show.

The Hugg'ns Effect?

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

maybe Higgins has just lost it. mailed it in. might be his last year in the league. retirement after this season is a possibility. especially if no NHL team is going to pick him up. 

He's not retiring until his contract runs out, which is June of 2017.  We are on the hook with this guy for another season.  Best just buy him out.  And buy out Burrows too.  Make Cap room for ?

21 hours ago, smithers joe said:

higgins loves the game and is a team player....he doesn't deserve any bad mouthing...

Higgins hasn't loved the game for a couple of years now. He certainly hasn't been enjoying it for two seasons. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

He's not retiring until his contract runs out, which is June of 2017.  We are on the hook with this guy for another season.  Best just buy him out.  And buy out Burrows too.  Make Cap room for ?

Burrows is not that bad yet, even though the scoring droughts are worrying. He's finding his legs again playing with Vey and Etem.

Burrows has a very close relationship with this franchise and the fan base. A fan favourite, in other words. He will be the last veteran to leave, if he doesn't retire here.

Just now, Canucks Prophet said:

Burrows is not that bad yet, even though the scoring droughts are worrying. He's finding his legs again playing with Vey and Etem.

Burrows has a very close relationship with this franchise and the fan base. A fan favourite, in other words. He will be the last veteran to leave, if he doesn't retire here.

He can retire a Canuck (as he should) after we buy him out.  We need Cap room for ? ? ?  

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

maybe Higgins has just lost it. mailed it in. might be his last year in the league. retirement after this season is a possibility. especially if no NHL team is going to pick him up. 

Let me pose this question to you...if you were guaranteed $2.5 schmil no matter where you played, would you retire?  For $2.5M, I'd suck up my pride and play in Kalamazoo if that's what the Canucks asked of me.  

1 minute ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Let me pose this question to you...if you were guaranteed $2.5 schmil no matter where you played, would you retire?  For $2.5M, I'd suck up my pride and play in Kalamazoo if that's what the Canucks asked of me.  

I'd play in Surrey!  Okay, maybe not Surrey, Abbotsford for sure.:lol:

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Yotes said:

32yr old prospect eh. Defintely think this thread is not needed and should be removed. He isnt a prospect he is a veteran nhl forward who was waived to clear room for a prospect

Prospects AND Utica Comets. Chris Higgins is currently a member of the Utica Comets therefore this is precisely the place for Chris Higgins Talk

• Upvote 2

Big Higgy fan here

Yale University Grad  -  former first round draft  14 overall.

Guy has had a fantastic career with 184 goals in the show for a long 10 yr career.

Got to play with my 2 fav teams  Nucks and Habs.

Handled his demotion with class.   Higgins is a true PRO and has been a loyal canuck.

I wonder if he would consider getting into coaching with our organization. Seems like a total top class act. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I can't argue there. I like cap space :P

ONLY if used wisely. It's taken us long enough to be rid of a number of long term big money contracts to just turn around and start handing out more.

Nothing wrong with keeping some powder dry for next year's UFA class. Minimum $13mil coming off again after next season (Miller, Burrows, Higgins)  and with mostly young RFAs to resign. Then after that, Sedins $14mil. We gon be playaz, son! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Big Higgy fan here

Yale University Grad  -  former first round draft  14 overall.

Guy has had a fantastic career with 184 goals in the show for a long 10 yr career.

Got to play with my 2 fav teams  Nucks and Habs.

Handled his demotion with class.   Higgins is a true PRO and has been a loyal canuck.

I wonder if he would consider getting into coaching with our organization. Seems like a total top class act. 

Agree that Higgins has shown a lot of class during his entire time with the organization. I am sorry that his ability has declined, but it it happens to everyone (age-related decline). As for staying with the organization, it is hard to know if he has the right skill set but I have always liked him and would be happy if it works out. Maybe he can be an assistant in Utica in a year or two.