The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Expanse (TV Series)

Hugor Hill

Just now, Hugor Hill said:

The book was a lot more brutal, in case you don't want to wait a year to find out what happens.

I'll likely check into it once I have the time and money to. The series was well worth my time, I expect the books would be too.

On February 9, 2016 at 0:49 AM, UnkNuk said:

It seems the two hour finale for "The Expanse" has been pre-empted on Tuesday on Space but is available on-line.

Wonder if the ratings were that poor?  I thought it was a pretty good show.

It's a good show. 

But from a strictly marketing point of view, it lacks star power, and it has the burden of carrying a somewhat mundane premise. The space sci-fi sub-market is very 'reserved'. It's not an easy one to break into for new franchises. Just look at what happened to Firefly.

I compare The Expanse to The 100, which is a fairly stupid show but it's been relatively successful because it has a 'Lord of the Flies', or "Battle Royale"-like, easily recognized premise, plus a young and gorgeous cast.

The Expanse is filmed in Ontario by the way, mostly in the studios in Toronto. I know exactly where this scene is filmed:

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.23.00 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.23.10 AM.jpg

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

What's the story with this?

They announced a second season coming for early 2017 but I've heard no news in months.

IMDB says season premiere is on Jan 17th. I don't think that show has too much advertising support.

I bought the first 3 books too. Book 2 was awesome!

Here is the trailer. Looks like story might extend to book 2.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

@Hugor Hill You been keeping up with this show? Sh*t is hitting the fan.

Dude I was just about to find this thread again and you beat me to it.

Yeah this last episode... I won't spoil incase ppl haven't seen it. Yeah it was very very good. It felt like a season finale but the season goes on. 8 more episodes.

EDIT: the show looks really good now. SyFy obviously invested a lot more money into this after the 1st season. The credit sequence and music? Stunning.

22 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Dude I was just about to find this thread again and you beat me to it.

Yeah this last episode... I won't spoil incase ppl haven't seen it. Yeah it was very very good. It felt like a season finale but the season goes on. 8 more episodes.

EDIT: the show looks really good now. SyFy obviously invested a lot more money into this after the 1st season. The credit sequence and music? Stunning.

Absolutely! Apparently the last episode is where book 1 ends. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, with a pretty [insert word here] ending.

Archived