The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I posted in another thread about how tallon went on record after Ladd was traded from Chicago and how he thought he was the quintessential character guy that you win cups with.

Tallon LOVED that guy and he'll definetly make a trade happen to obtain him before benning can even blink if he hits the block.  Notice how Tallon has been a hand in a lot of former Hawks coming to the Panthers?

As for us, nope, not a chance.  His contract demands will be to high as will Chevys asking price for a team that is in transition.

I think Florida. Maybe Pirri and a pick.

4 hours ago, Nd1989 said:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046

Canucks/panthers apparently in on Ladd if he goes on block.

what would you all be willing to give for Ladd.

Don't we already have a similar player in Sutter? I rather have Benning go after Stamkos in the off season versus blowing his load on a 2nd liner like Ladd. Besides, our urgencies are on defense because we are horrendous and that position, especially with the departure of Hamhuis. 

1 hour ago, Lulover88 said:

im a little shocked at how most of you rate ladd ..  this guy is a good player .. he's the kind of guy you love to have when your in the playoffs 

Ladd is another " character guy". We don't need anymore friggin character guys. We need guys that can put the little black circle in the other guys net, and/or stop it from entering ours.

He's an overpriced , underwhelming 30 year old rental. Are we not trying to dump the ones we already have ? News flash. If the jets don't want to give him what he's asking for , what makes u think the Canucks will? So that means Half a season for what exactly.... The playoffs we have a 25% chance to make ? 

We can probably sign one of Ladd, Lucic, Okposo, Boedkker or even Eriksson at UFA. With 15M to play with and ideally just a top-6 forward and top-4 defenceman to sign (to replace Hamhuis and Vbrata) we can throw big bucks at these guys. 6M for one of the above wingers to play with the Sedins, 7M for a defenceman.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Read the article. It's nothing but speculation because Ladd is from BC.

Benning won't be giving up assets for a potential rental.

Florida on the other hand would likely offer up Pirri, since they are rumored to be looking for a gritty forward.

Exactlyyyy

we won't be trading for him, making an offer on July first perhaps tho

Oh yeah, let's get Lucic. Maybe 20 goals maximum on this team while alienating pretty much every single core player in the locker room. His spearing people in the crotch, threatening people in the handshake lines after the playoffs, and general other classy behavior I'm sure will also endure him to this club.

Give it up already, people. Wow cool, let's bring this drama: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/milan-lucic-disgusted-and-outraged-with-vancouver-fans-1.2465347

The cup will be ours with him at our disposal while we rebuild.

9 hours ago, Nd1989 said:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046

Canucks/panthers apparently in on Ladd if he goes on block.

what would you all be willing to give for Ladd.

Tough to say, but Burrows has gotta be in there so that the Canucks have the cap room to re-sign Ladd and still make other moves. 

I'll say, Burrows and a protected 1st Rd pick in 2016. 

59 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

Oh yeah, let's get Lucic. Maybe 20 goals maximum on this team while alienating pretty much every single core player in the locker room. His spearing people in the crotch, threatening people in the handshake lines after the playoffs, and general other classy behavior I'm sure will also endure him to this club.

Give it up already, people. Wow cool, let's bring this drama: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/milan-lucic-disgusted-and-outraged-with-vancouver-fans-1.2465347

The cup will be ours with him at our disposal while we rebuild.

We have our own crotch spearer....well, scratched recently.

6 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

im a little shocked at how most of you rate ladd ..  this guy is a good player .. he's the kind of guy you love to have when your in the playoffs 

For me, it isn't how he's "rated" but what he does for us and what his value is in a trade.

off season for manageable money he's a guy I'd love in our org.  Now, with his apparent asking price via contract negotiations and what Chevy will want for him...he serves little to no benefit for us right now

Actually I think I'm one of the only ones to get excited to bring him here. We would have to shed some dead wood Vrbata Prust to a lesser extent Burr. But having Ladd, Sutter and the Sedins, Hansen, Dorsett, As our veteran leadership group Creates a very good umbrella to bring up our youngsters. Leaves 7-8 spots open for our under 25 players in our forward group. I think we should bring Gaunce into the fold next season I think its the final year of waiver protection. And let Hunter cook for one more he's progressing very well he could become a dynamic player in the future for us.

Archived