The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Green Building said:

I'm not sure why that would be the case, unless JB has other moves that would compliment this, like more salary leaving .At the end of of the year he becomes a UFA and moves on. Don't really see him and a big contract fitting in here, but he is good for more than 20 goals.

I haven't watched many Jets games this year, has he been on the PK much?

* I would not give much either. Certainly no draft picks. None of our best looking prospects either. Not just when we have a selection of them where 1 or 2 may turn out to be a gem. 

I would offer up Shinkaruk or Gaunce out of prospects...

The reason being is that If/When Ladd is on the team, we will now have:

Sedin

Sven

Ladd

That leaves no spots for neither Gaunce or Shinkaruk

At the same time, I'm wondering where Etem also slots in if Ladd comes?

Ladd WOULD be a great linemate for McCann-Virtanen 

Ladd/McCann/Virtanen

6mil for 6yrs seems alot, I would do 6mil for 4 yrs tho

Maybe offer the 2nd from Columbus

Gaunce/Shinkaruk 

CBJ 2nd

That's the start of my package for Ladd

6 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Sedin

Sven

Ladd

Ladd/McCann/Virtanen

Gaunce/Shinkaruk 

CBJ 2nd

You want to give that up and use him as a rental, or re-sign him?

21 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Sedin - Sven - Ladd

Ladd/McCann/Virtanen

Gaunce/Shinkaruk 

CBJ 2nd

The team's going young and has good veteran leadership (Twins, Edler, Miller, Hansen, Hammer, Burr, etc.), don't see why we need Ladd especially if he's going to play on the 3rd line but earn $6 million per.  I would just give Gaunce the role as he's developing well in the A.H.L., so I'd want to see what he or Etem could do in that spot.  No point in giving that much to a player who may just be finishing his career on a big contract.

5 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

The team's going young and has good veteran leadership (Twins, Edler, Miller, Hansen, Hammer, Burr, etc.), don't see why we need Ladd especially if he's going to play on the 3rd line but earn $6 million per.  I would just give Gaunce the role as he's developing well in the A.H.L., so I'd want to see what he or Etem could do in that spot.  No point in giving that much to a player who may just be finishing his career on a big contract.

Exactly. Ladd should and likely will be moved to a contender for some killer 3rd line depth with leadership and cup experience.

That's not us. I hope we have nothing to do with him at the TDL or free agency. Doesn't fit team needs or direction at all. 

Cant see it happening we have to many young potential forwards, while our defence is in disarray, can see us spending big on defence with free agents  and using most of our picks on defence at draft, start next season and see what we need to fix then

Ignoring the Canucks comment, FLA actually makes a lot of sense. Tallon is a loyal GM, Panthers have a lot of inexperienced players (outside of Jagr) providing scoring. Florida has some cap space. Ladd brings some experience and could start off as a third liner, and was a teammate of Brian Campbell, assistant coach John Madden and Bolland (if Bolland ever returns) when they all won the cup. I could see Tallon trying to snag Ladd as a rental. 

In the summer though, if Canucks have the roster and cap space (moving Burrows?), Ladd could compliment the team well.  

On January 29, 2016 at 0:07 PM, missioncanucksfan said:

Sedin

Sven

Ladd

Ladd/McCann/Virtanen

Gaunce/Shinkaruk 

CBJ 2nd

Yeah pad that up with kids, we need more old players. Sell off those prospects and draft picks, we're gearing up for a massive cup run! I hope JB is in on that sweet Kovalev action, too.

5th round pick... conditionally moves up to a 3rd round if we re-sign him.

That gives the level of what I think he is worth to this team right now.

We aren't chasing a playoff spot... we will take one if it happens to come our way while we are re-tooling the team.  Why go out and get an extra piece.  His only use would be to fill a roster spot when we ship other vets out (for higher returns) and make it so we don't expose our youngsters too badly down the stretch.

Of course, Ladd is worth much more than that to a team trying to add pieces and depth for a playoff run.... so him coming here is not very likely.

Sorry if someone already pointed this out (I read the first page of the thread and skipped to the 6th) but it is a long, long leap of logic from

"Darren Dreger reported Wednesday that the Florida Panthers would have interest in the pending free agent, as well as perhaps the Vancouver Canucks"

to:

On 2016-01-28 at 7:46 PM, Nd1989 said:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046

Canucks/panthers apparently in on Ladd if he goes on block.

The actual report from Dreger saying "as well as perhaps the Vancouver Canucks" seems to make the interest from the Canucks pure speculation, with the original post (part quoted above saying "Canucks ... in on Ladd if he goes on the block") and the title to the thread (currently reading "(Report) Canucks/panthers in on Ladd" going way further than Dreger's statement merits.

Archived