The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

• b3. changed the title to [Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes
On January 31, 2016 at 10:38 AM, tyhee said:

Sorry if someone already pointed this out (I read the first page of the thread and skipped to the 6th) but it is a long, long leap of logic from

"Darren Dreger reported Wednesday that the Florida Panthers would have interest in the pending free agent, as well as perhaps the Vancouver Canucks"

to:

The actual report from Dreger saying "as well as perhaps the Vancouver Canucks" seems to make the interest from the Canucks pure speculation, with the original post (part quoted above saying "Canucks ... in on Ladd if he goes on the block") and the title to the thread (currently reading "(Report) Canucks/panthers in on Ladd" going way further than Dreger's statement merits.

Dreger is a Smurf.  He says this crap to make himself feel tall.  Is he Eklund? :lol:

On 1/28/2016 at 8:57 PM, Boddy604 said:

Only way Benning should consider this is if it's just a swap for Burrows or Vrbata. 

Ladd & Burrows played so awesome together at the World Championships. That was in the past... years ago.

Sign him July 1st as a free-agent short term only...depending upon how all of the other chips around here fall,.or fall away.

I also want Benning to say no to Lucic...'cuz he's nobody's answer to anything.

Why would we trade for Ladd when we're putting players like Higgins and Prust on waivers in order to make room for our younger players? I think this is more media trying to spark a topic more than anything.

Perhaps the off-season might work if they feel they need another veteran presence, but I still question that. I don't see him really making a ton of sense for us at this point.

It would have to be a sign and trade and then we would need to get rid of cap and only way that happens is trading many to get one,then trading futures for a guy who is decent but not great!Makes no sense in the direction we are going,unlesss he was a UFA and we made him an offer!

41 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Not worth the assets or money he wants.  A really, really expensive Trevor Linden.

If Andrew Ladd were anything close to Linden, he may actually be worth every penny that he's asking. However, he's more of a poor man's version.

Linden was a 6-time 30 goal scorer. Ladd hasn't hit that number once. But one similarity is how Trevor's production started to fall off around the same age. That's a big red flag, and I want no part of Ladd's next contract.

The Canucks are not in a position to get Ladd even if they give up propsects, he could then walk away at the end of the year.  This is a wasted trade if they decide to make that.   Unless Ladd agreed to resign for a 2-year term then a trade like this might be ok with me as they are looking into 2016-17 season.  There are no reason why they can't wait until free agent period to make a move to Ladd if they are still interested in him unless they are still pushing for a playoff spot.  If I were them, I would wait until free agent and see what type of players are available on the market.  

Just now, coolboarder said:

The Canucks are not in a position to get Ladd even if they give up propsects, he could then walk away at the end of the year.  This is a wasted trade if they decide to make that.   Unless Ladd agreed to resign for a 2-year term then a trade like this might be ok with me as they are looking into 2016-17 season.  There are no reason why they can't wait until free agent period to make a move to Ladd if they are still interested in him unless they are still pushing for a playoff spot.  If I were them, I would wait until free agent and see what type of players are available on the market.  

Ladd would be a great player for us to have in a leadership role next year after we ship out all the vets, but you're absolutely right... it makes absolutely no sense for us to target Ladd at the deadline. 

Picks.

We want picks.

or players under 24...

If true Benning and linden should be fired this is  just about as stupid as trading for prust. 

Man everyday it's another blunder or self pity show with this group. 

More time for young guys says gm one day the next day he's trading for a guy that's thirty.

brutal Benning makes gillis look great. 

41 minutes ago, combover said:

If true Benning and linden should be fired this is  just about as stupid as trading for prust. 

More time for young guys says gm one day the next day he's trading for a guy that's thirty.

Surprised you haven't been banned yet for such blatant tripe.

2 hours ago, combover said:

Let's just take some random speculation that unlikely to be true and use it as "fact" to support our ulterior motives that have no basis otherwise! Okay then.....

PS. If you really have a combover, I'm assuming you're just trying to troll Trump style. :P

On January 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM, Nd1989 said:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046

Canucks/panthers apparently in on Ladd if he goes on block.

what would you all be willing to give for Ladd.

I freakin knew it. What a joke 

nothing. As I said before he is a 30 year old overpriced underwhelming character player. If they trade for another expensive character guy I'm guna be choked. 

Just now, cuporbust said:

I freakin knew it. What a joke 

nothing. As I said before he is a 30 year old overpriced underwhelming character player. If they trade for another expensive character guy I'm guna be choked. 

We are not in on Ladd.  That's just a GM trying to create a market by funnelling crap to a Smurflike reporter, who is begging for inside information to puff up his shrimp size.

Archived