The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are not in on Ladd.  That's just a GM trying to create a market by funnelling crap to a Smurflike reporter, who is begging for inside information to puff up his shrimp size.

Honestly , I have a feeling they are looking at him. This would be something I could see JB doing. I hope your right , but I have a bad feeling about it. Lol

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Honestly , I have a feeling they are looking at him. This would be something I could see JB doing. I hope your right , but I have a bad feeling about it. Lol

Why would JB want Ladd, especially in a trade - giving up valuable assets to do so?  If he does do it, I'll grab the rope, while you find a good solid tree.  

34 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Why would JB be looking to trade for Ladd? That makes zero sense. There's no way JB is looking to trade picks and prospects for Ladd.

A team gearing up for a deep playoff run would be looking to trade for Ladd, Canucks are not that team.

5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

I freakin knew it. What a joke 

nothing. As I said before he is a 30 year old overpriced underwhelming character player. If they trade for another expensive character guy I'm guna be choked. 

For true

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

We are not in on Ladd.  That's just a GM trying to create a market by funnelling crap to a Smurflike reporter, who is begging for inside information to puff up his shrimp size.

I sure as hell hope we're not Alf. The money this guy is after is obscene. This has David Clarkson-like potential for disaster.

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why would JB be looking to trade for Ladd? That makes zero sense. There's no way JB is looking to trade picks and prospects for Ladd.

A team gearing up for a deep playoff run would be looking to trade for Ladd, Canucks are not that team.

I know it makes zero sense. That's why I'd be choked. He just seems like a JB guy. He really wants to invest in culture......then the article, then his history of making confusing trades ......I dunno , I'm probably just parenoid. Lol. 

7 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I know it makes zero sense. That's why I'd be choked. He just seems like a JB guy. He really wants to invest in culture......then the article, then his history of making confusing trades ......I dunno , I'm probably just parenoid. Lol. 

Yeah I think you're just over thinking this. Not to worry. No way we trade for Ladd. The guy has 28 Points this season, he wants $6.9 mill per year on a 6 year contract. JB might look at him as a UFA in the summer where he could have him for free but I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening either. 

Ladd has history with Dale Tallon, I could see FLD trading for him for their playoff run and If they don't get him via trade I'm certain they'll try to land him as UFA in the summer.

But no one's paying him 41 mill over 6 years.  His ask is ridiculous. Maybe it's a sign he wants out of WPG, if they wanna pay an insane price like that he'll stay. And no one's paying an insane price like that. 

I think the real question is.

Is Ladd into the Canucks?

I would say a Ladd deal would have to include a prior commitment, and I'm not sure he would want to be a part of a similar situation as Winnipeg. 

I imagine he would want to be part of a Stanley cup contender regardless of where he grew up. 

I don't see a great fit on our end either. 

This is nothing more than an insider throwing in a major hockey market as a possible destination for re-tweet. 

there is no way that are gonna blow their load on ladd.     they know that by waiving and shedding salary , they may have a chance to add a great young piece a la stamkos , that could help for years to come ..   i figure they will have around 17 million in cap room next year .   if an opportunity to land a franchise player is presented , you have to believe they will jump on it  

Again… Same old same old with CDC crew. Everyone's tripping on rebuilding with a bunch of teenagers. "Boeser will turn things around…" type of $&!#. We need a mix. When will you guys get your heads out of your asses and realize that as much as it's time for a new look, we still need experienced pros to lead this team. I'm not a big Ladd fan but if he's as good a leader as people say and as tough as people say, as well as being a hometown kid… i dunno. I like big, physical, two way forwards that can manhandle the Kopitars and Getzlafs and Perrys and Benns etc. We need some veterans on this club and a Cup champion can't hurt. We don't have a McDavid or Eichel coming up the ranks. Stop dreaming and get a grip.

15 hours ago, cuporbust said:

I freakin knew it. What a joke 

nothing. As I said before he is a 30 year old overpriced underwhelming character player. If they trade for another expensive character guy I'm guna be choked. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It's Dreger.  He's a garbage source where this team is concerned.

There are multiple reasons a team would inquire on a player, and Its not always to acquire them.

in this speculated case, if I were Benning and one of my goals this coming offseason was to land a big experienced UFA winger that can help this team play a grittier style, Ladd would have to be on that list.  Thus there's some do-diligence being done.  Often when trading for a pending UFA, teams like to get an idea of what the future salary demands may be, this again could be what the Canucks are looking at.

At the end of the day, the Canucks wont be giving up futures for a rental player, or even one they feel they can re-sign.  Its not about adding this year.  Its if they sell or stand pat.  Most of us hoping theyll sell Vrbata and Hamhuis.  Then the draft, then the potential to land a couple big names in the UFA market.  The rebuild/retool shall continue, but expect that a Ladd, Lucic, Okposo, Brouwer, Byufglien or mayyybeeee even Stamkos will be on next years roster.

sedin sedin hansen

shinkaruk stamkos brouwer

baertschi horvat virtanen

gaunce sutter dorsett

:P

Archived