The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Milan Lucic Out of Control?

2 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I'm wondering if this will translate, if he signs here, to the Canucks being allowed to doing things like this in the playoffs.  Because ever since Rome-Horton, the Canucks haven't been able to get away with diddly-squat.  This might be part of the reason why I think Lucic to Vancouver will fail.  But if alluvasudden the Vancouver Canucks do get away with murder, then it could be a success.  God, I wish the NHL was remotely consistent.

I'm with you there. I don't think it will translate if he does these things with the Canucks. Like that sucker punch to Connauton would have been minimum 3 games if he did that wearing the Canucks jersey. 

And I'm not sure if I want Lucic representing the Canucks, Vancouver, and BC. 

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

All the outward signs are consistent with it. 

I think someone said Milan has a disease that makes him look like that, so his outward appearance is not the result of steroids, but rather the consequence of something out of his control.  He really can't help the way he looks, so maybe we shouldn't pick on him for that?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think someone said Milan has a disease that makes him look like that, so his outward appearance is not the result of steroids, but rather the consequence of something out of his control.  He really can't help the way he looks, so maybe we shouldn't pick on him for that?

The way he acts, though ...

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Behavior is what is being referred to......'roid rage'......it has nothing to do with his physical appearance.

I think it's pretty clear the punch at the ref was accidental, aimed at another player in the scrum.

That being said, I don't like him. I've never liked him. I will never like him. I do not think he would bring anything we need to this team. If he were to put on a Canucks jersey he'd spend half of a every season suspended or else he'd have to learn to play differently, thus removing what people seem to like about him. He's just not the player for us.

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Behavior is what is being referred to......'roid rage'......it has nothing to do with his physical appearance.

Which brings up another one of my concerns about him.  If we want him, we want the 'raging' version of him, because a calmed-down, non-ragin' version of him would just be saggy, slow(er), and useless.

"You juicin' bro?  No?  Then SEE ya!"

Not a Lucic fan, and he's done some dumb things, this isn't one of them. He was actually standing there minding his own biz when three guys started pushing on him. He doesn't even poke at the goalie. Then one of them went over the top at him with an uncalled for face wash and he responded with the patented Looch gloved punch. Nothing to see here.

22 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Lucic is a bit more relevant in the 'out of control' category due to additional history.  

It would be interesting to see how his time here unfolds, if indeed he comes here.

So is it "debatable" that Hansen's crosscheck on the ref was intentional?

45 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

No, it's debatable that it's relevant when the topic is Lucic and his lengthly history of psychotic episodes.

And this incident doesn't come close to the others. In fact any reasonable person would conclude that this incident is nothing like the others.

Hence why I asked you that question, as a test of your objectivity. But then again I should have known not to bother.

Archived