The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Milan Lucic Out of Control?

1 hour ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

No, it's debatable that it's relevant when the topic is Lucic and his lengthly history of psychotic episodes.

Psychotic is a bit extreme, don't you think?  He's a tough guy, playing a tough role, in a tough game.  His 'outbursts' are important to his reputation as a nuclear deterrent.  Some of these guys take suspensions as part of their plan to help with their role.  You need to set off a few test bombs to convince the other side you mean business, and have that capability to explode. IMHAO.

We need Milan the Mauler!

9 minutes ago, Toews said:

And this incident doesn't come close to the others. In fact any reasonable person would conclude that this incident is nothing like the others.

Hence why I asked you that question, as a test of your objectivity. But then again I should have known not to bother.

I disagree.  Hansen's actions weren't all that horrific.  A shove as opposing to throwing maniacal punches?  I would consider it moot to discuss Hansen here, but if somebody wants to do it because he likes Lucic and his wildman toughness, they're allowed.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Psychotic is a bit extreme, don't you think?  He's a tough guy, playing a tough role, in a tough game.  His 'outbursts' are important to his reputation as a nuclear deterrent.  Some of these guys take suspensions as part of their plan to help with their role.  You need to set off a few test bombs to convince the other side you mean business, and have that capability to explode. IMHAO.

We could get him and the move will likely cause some controversy.  He'll be overpaid for what he brings offensively and he may actually disappoint if he stops acting like a maniac, which is a conundrum.  If he acts like that in a Canucks jersey, i doubt he'd get away with it.  But if he can, then that opens a door for this team.  Should be interesting.

2 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

We could get him and the move will likely cause some controversy.  He'll be overpaid for what he brings offensively and he may actually disappoint if he stops acting like a maniac, which is a conundrum.  If he acts like that in a Canucks jersey, i doubt he'd get away with it.  But if he can, then that opens a door for this team.  Should be interesting.

That's a good point about our team's current reputation.  We certainly don't want another gong show like the Tortorella season.  And watching that prospect's game last night, clearly every player needs to be FAST.  Can Milan keep up still?  He used to be fast enough, just not agile.  Then, if he plays with the Twins (the way the slow down the play and mostly cycle in the O zone) maybe Milan will be just fine - speed wise?  I still like getting him here, but would go after Stamkos first.

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No, I'd say psychotic is pretty apt.  Roids + coke + drinking do this so I'm not sure what's so surprising here.

Lucic is a pussy. Don't want him here. Everyone calls him a tough guy, but he doesn't do anything tough. Spearing guys in junk, sucker punches with his glove on ect. When someone actually steps up on him he cowers and hides behind Chara and Brown ect. Total scumbag that can't even back it up. 

24 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

No, I'd say psychotic is pretty apt.  Roids + coke + drinking do this so I'm not sure what's so surprising here.

Clearly he drinks alcohol.  There is evidence of that.  As for the other two...I don't know.  

Surrounded by four guys. He's the biggest dog there. Throws a punch. Misses. Big deal.

I'd take him at the right price.

he would create a lot of space for various players on our team.

or we could complain every time Daniel or henrik takes a cheap shot........

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Omg!

he drinks alcohol?

what a crazy psycho!

Ya, I think most of us do. I mean, who hasn't brazed a cat in Bourbon?   It's that other stuff (cocaine and PEDs) that I don't think there is evidence of, is there?

On 1/28/2016 at 10:56 AM, Jägermeister said:

2nvqhat.gif

If Hansen was a Canuck he would have gotten a 5 game suspension.

Wait what?

Might be the refs fault for being inconsistent and having no accountability from the league, Hansen might have been dreaming of punching Bettman in the face, and trying to hurt him through the refs

2 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I disagree.  Hansen's actions weren't all that horrific.  A shove as opposing to throwing maniacal punches?  I would consider it moot to discuss Hansen here, but if somebody wants to do it because he likes Lucic and his wildman toughness, they're allowed.

I wasn't referring to Hansen's actions in that post.

Just about everyone agrees that Lucic was aiming elsewhere and missed. You seem to disagree.

For the record I despise Lucic.

3 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

No, it's debatable that it's relevant when the topic is Lucic and his lengthly history of psychotic episodes.

Question 2:  The NHL has a soft spot for Milan, but not for the Canucks.  How long would it take Lucic, if he was wearing a Canucks jersey, to be suspended for life?

It was actually very relevant given the questions you asked.

Of course that is assuming you wanted an actual objective discussion... and truth be told I'm not too sure you did.

7 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

It was actually very relevant given the questions you asked.

Of course that is assuming you wanted an actual objective discussion... and truth be told I'm not too sure you did.

Not really, as nobody's claiming that Hansen is insane.  You could go around the league and view other incidents on a case-by-case basis, but with Lucic's history, it is starting to become apparent that he does have a screw loose.  That's more to the point than going 'ha-ha but Hansen tho.'  But if we're willing to ignore all other history regarding Lucic, then the Hansen reference matters a bit more.

It's my fault though for not listing down all references to Lucic's behavior to make this thread more absolute, as it is my assumption that hockey fans posting on cdc are aware.  My mistake.

Back on topic, I'm wondering why Lucic acts this way.  There are multiple possible explanations.

7 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Not really, as nobody's claiming that Hansen is insane.  You could go around the league and view other incidents on a case-by-case basis, but with Lucic's history, it is starting to become apparent that he does have a screw loose.  That's more to the point than going 'ha-ha but Hansen tho.'  But if we're willing to ignore all other history regarding Lucic, then the Hansen reference matters a bit more.

It's my fault though for not listing down all references to Lucic's behavior to make this thread more absolute, as it is my assumption that hockey fans posting on cdc are aware.  My mistake.

Back on topic, I'm wondering why Lucic acts this way.  There are multiple possible explanations.

Well then you shouldn't have asked that second question, because it has nothing to do with any of that.

You entered your opinion he wouldn't get away with things if he were a Canuck.  Him being "insane" has nothing to do with that.  It was just another typical "the league is out to get us" comment.

So if you think that this isn't relevant, it is your own fault for asking the question.

10 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Well then you shouldn't have asked that second question, because it has nothing to do with any of that.

You entered your opinion he wouldn't get away with things if he were a Canuck.  Him being "insane" has nothing to do with that.  It was just another typical "the league is out to get us" comment.

So if you think that this isn't relevant, it is your own fault for asking the question.

I asked the question because it's a valid concern, given the Canucks' long-standing history with league reffing and suspensions.  The Hansen incident certainly doesn't discredit that history.  

Mr. John Garret recently wrote an article describing this history and how it pertains to the Sedins.  There's a lack of respect shown to them by the league, so it is a valid concern that the same level of disrespect would fall on our other players.  So in Lucic's case, that means his wild antics would almost certainly be penalized more often and more severely.  If this is not the case, then that is in contradiction to what's been going on in this regard here since the 2011 finals.

My fault for again assuming people are aware of the context.

Just now, TOMapleLaughs said:

I asked the question because it's a valid concern, given the Canucks' long-standing history with league reffing and suspensions.  The Hansen incident certainly doesn't discredit that history.  

Mr. John Garret recently wrote an article describing this history and how it pertains to the Sedins.  There's a lack of respect shown to them by the league, so it is a valid concern that the same level of disrespect would fall on our other players.  So in Lucic's case, that means his wild antics would almost certainly be penalized more often and more severely.  If this is not the case, then that is in contradiction to what's been going on in this regard here since the 2011 finals.

My fault for again assuming people are aware of the context.

You should pay more attention to other teams in the league if you truly feel like that.

The refs and DoPS are not biased against the Canucks, they suck for everyone else as well.

Archived