The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] John Scott

Would you offer Prust for john scott.Scott we know fights and his cap is 525,000.Montreal would do this for know other reason than to get as far away as possible from the allstar scandal as possible,Scott is a ufa  after this year.A little (in this case big)muscle that will actually stick up for team mates wouldn't hurt this team.Roll him in and out of the fourth line.Scotts wife is due to have twins shortly in Phoenix.Puts him closer.Montreal liked Prust once.Maybe still.I would do it.

Not a chance. He'd still be buried in the minors even with us I'd think, and that means Utica isn't quite as close to Phoenix. We should be able to get something for Prust worth more than cap space. We'll get that for free after the season.

And threads in this forum require a tag. In this case, you could use [Proposal] or [Discussion]. Take a look at the other threads and you'll pretty quickly see what I mean.

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

As much as I want good for John Scott, bringing him here is a bad idea considering what he has divulged to us as fans.  He has shown that the league is corrupt and to what degree we don't know, but can easily imagine it has gone to the highest level of corruption , which to me would be fixing games , series and finally Stanley cup winners.       If we were to take him , the NHL would penalize our team for god knows how long.    We are already the leagues punching bag we don't need anymore fuel added to the fire.

I personally think that John Scott writing his story in the Players Tribune was resigning himself and his family to the fact that he is moving on from the NHL at season end, and retiring with dignity and honor.    If you have that kind of CLASS why would you continue to work in an organization full of scumbags.    He has to go home to his wife and children at night and for him to stay in the league would not be backing his story, no way is he not retiring at season end, hes going out with his head held high, something that his children will admire and respect when they are old enough to understand.     They will be proud of their DAD one day.

I think you can only conclude that backroom politics is a thing in the NHL which exists in every league. 

It's the reason why Barry Bonds was never offered a contract. It's the reason why the Lakers were not allowed to trade for Chris Paul. I don't follow the NFL religiously but considering Goodell is the commissioner, I am sure there is some of that there as well. It's likely going to be the reason why John Scott likely never gets to play in the NHL again.

It was just a matter of time before this started, I'm actually surprised it took this long...and I have an aweful feeling there will be more than one thread on this.

Put it this way...whoever we draft with whatever pick we get back for Prust will be a more valuable asset than John Scott. I swear he was skating today flat out, and he was still half the speed of Daniel Sedin.

2 hours ago, ABNuck said:

It was just a matter of time before this started, I'm actually surprised it took this long...and I have an aweful feeling there will be more than one thread on this.

Put it this way...whoever we draft with whatever pick we get back for Prust will be a more valuable asset than John Scott. I swear he was skating today flat out, and he was still half the speed of Daniel Sedin.

Yea but he can hit the net. Yannick Weber can't.

If we want to get back in at HQ, we need to trade Montreal Vrbata for Scott. Montreal gave up Jarred Tinordi, for what? Victor Bartley? All to help Bettman get Scott out of the ASG. Now they've lost Tinordi, and Bettman owes them. What better way to get in Bettman's good books than to say 'don't worry, we've got this'?

I kid, obviously, but I said before the ASG that no team will sign Scott in future due to the negative rep they'll get at HQ. I'd not want to acquire him now, as it may damage our chances in the 'lottery'.

Trade him for Weber half contract retained. Bergevin can put Weber in the minors and pull him up for playoff depth. Weber's not doing anything for the Canucks anyway. He played like 6 years in the MTL system, including a 18 point season and even under Therrien for one season.

Scott is at least a direct flight away from his family, stays in the NHL, has strong character, is intelligent and knows his role and is a good dressing room leader. With Prust likely being moved, Scott at least will provide something no one else really can. 

18 hours ago, NEON.KNEE said:

8 year journeyman never stuck in the NHL...thanks for coming out.

Give me a break.  The guy averaged about 6-7 minutes a game, was not typically played against top lines, never had a positive +/- in his career, and is about to exit the NHL in half the time of most NHLers.  I know you're trying to be witty and all, but this hardly constitutes a guy who is a fringe NHL player at best and my original statement stands. 

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

Give me a break.  The guy averaged about 6-7 minutes a game, was not typically played against top lines, never had a positive +/- in his career, and is about to exit the NHL in half the time of most NHLers.  I know you're trying to be witty and all, but this hardly constitutes a guy who is a fringe NHL player at best and my original statement stands. 

The Average NHL career is only 5.5 years. http://www.rsvlts.com/2013/07/22/longest-sports-careers/

And John Scott is on his 8th season...Is reality not important to the comments you make?  I'm not trying to be witty...I am just being correct.  You just made 2 false statements and I corrected you that is all.

46 minutes ago, chon derry said:

bergevin would be smart to try and get something for scott, as they clearly lost out on the deal ,losing tinordi.

Tinordi required waivers but wasn't good enough to break into the top 6, even when they had injuries.  And the deal was primarily Tinordi for Bartley (who didn't require waivers).  John Scott was a meaningless throw in. People are just focusing on him because he's a known name

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Tinordi required waivers but wasn't good enough to break into the top 6, even when they had injuries.  And the deal was primarily Tinordi for Bartley (who didn't require waivers).  John Scott was a meaningless throw in. People are just focusing on him because he's a known name

seems to pretty popular right now ,i mean even for a late pick.

Archived