The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 All Star to be in LA, nothing new with expansion

Boddy604

22 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Have you ever been to L.A?

Yea. Vancouver is the best place on earth. Most beautiful city hands down, safe, impeccable selection of women from all races, incredible climate (don't sweat like a pig), on and on... It's by far the greatest place on earth. Nothing comes close. 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Yea. Vancouver is the best place on earth. Most beautiful city hands down, safe, impeccable selection of women from all races, incredible climate (don't sweat like a pig), on and on... It's by far the greatest place on earth. Nothing comes close. 

While I agree Vancouver is beautiful and I am proud to call vancity my home town... that is a very narrow minded comment.  There are tons of good places to live and Los Angeles is a beauty city with a good hockey team, quit being so butthurt

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Vancouver (and BC in general) is certainly an amazing and beautiful city. But that doesn't mean all other cities are terrible by comparison. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Ha-ha. Biased much?

Just within North America, I've been in Vancouver, LA, Montreal, Toronto and New York. Other than the natural beauty, everything else I think trumps Vancouver.

Impeccable selection of women from all races?? You serious? You're pretty much describing all of Canada, considering Canada is a country made up of all different races. Even then with the women, Montreal has that over us.

Safe? Stabcouver? There seems to be more and more cases of random stabbings in Vancouver going up.

Incredible climate? Yeah, sorry I prefer beautiful sunny weather over the dreary rain.

Other than some outdoor activities you can do and even to do those are pretty expensive (snowboarding, skiing..etc.), It's a boring city to be honest in comparison to many others that I've been to. Rainy weather, Unaffordable house prices, on and on...  

It ISN'T the greatest place on earth.

6 hours ago, apollo said:

That's odd... LA is a dumpster compared to Vancouver. 

I guess they gotta keep the all Star games in the inferior city's to help grow the game there. 

Hmmmmm...over 200 straight sell outs, nearly 16,500 season ticket holders and nearly 2,000 on wait list, local tv ratings up...kids like Bennett, Etem, Nieto, Grimaldi, Rychel, Tennyson, Zucker playing in the NHL.  Yup...sure sounds like they REALLY need to grow the game in SoCal.

4 hours ago, Gumpy said:

Los Angeles is a great city.  Sure, it doesn't have our natural beauty but it's better than Surrey (probably safer too).

Depends on where in LA you're talking about.  If you're implying Surrey is the armpit of Metro Vancouver, it is a gazillion times better than Compton, the armpit of Los Angeles.

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

7 hours ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

Ha-ha. Biased much?

Just within North America, I've been in Vancouver, LA, Montreal, Toronto and New York. Other than the natural beauty, everything else I think trumps Vancouver.

Impeccable selection of women from all races?? You serious? You're pretty much describing all of Canada, considering Canada is a country made up of all different races. Even then with the women, Montreal has that over us.

Safe? Stabcouver? e seems to be more and more cases of random stabbings in Vancouver going up.

Incredible climate? Yeah, sorry I prefer beautiful sunny weather over the dreary rain.

Other than some outdoor activities you can do and even to do those are pretty expensive (snowboarding, skiing..etc.), It's a boring city to be honest in comparison to many others that I've been to. Rainy weather, Unaffordable house prices, on and on...  

It ISN'T the greatest place on earth.

I'm not biased really... It's the best place on earth. 

Climate I stand by. If I wanted warmth and being sweaty I'd go to Africa or smth. The rain is impeccable... It breathes energy within you. Not to mention we don't have water droughts like the peasants down there. 

Vancouver > LA in every sense. 

Don't get me wrong, LA is awesome for a few days of partying and touching the wall... But to compare it to the world's greatest city is simply foolish. 

There's a reason the sedins, greatest players of all time, chose to play here. 

CANUCKS RULE. VANCOUVER TRUMPS ALL 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:14 AM, apollo said:

I'm not biased really... It's the best place on earth

Climate I stand by. If I wanted warmth and being sweaty I'd go to Africa or smth. The rain is impeccable... It breathes energy within you (....lol). Not to mention we don't have water droughts like the peasants down there. 

Vancouver > LA in every sense

Don't get me wrong, LA is awesome for a few days of partying and touching the wall... But to compare it to the world's greatest city is simply foolish. 

There's a reason the sedins, greatest players of all time, chose to play here. 

CANUCKS RULE. VANCOUVER TRUMPS ALL 

I rest my case.

Also has some of the highest, if not the highest homeless population in all of Canada.

Don't get me wrong, Vancouver is beautiful. But it certainly isn't the "greatest place on earth" as you are advertising. Many problems within this city that needs to be fixed.

Whatever though. That's only to your personal opinion.

Archived