The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Question About Waivers

Boddy604

1 hour ago, greetingsfrombrazil said:

With everyone healthy, we're currently with 3 extra forwards (McCann, Prust and Hank sited last game) and 2 defenseman (Weber and Hammer). That makes 25 players. Vey already played 16 games with the team, so he would have to go through waivers, right? Something will happen anyway, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Boddy604 said:

For whatever reason, Vey was never added to their roster list. So there's him too. I noticed a couple weeks ago

Yup, two guys will have to go if Henrik and Hammer are back in. However, it would not surprise me to see one or both of them stay out a bit longer. I suspect Henrik's injury has been understated (as is normal) and Hammer might need some practice time (and he is coming back a lot sooner than originally suggested).

If they do come back for CLB I am  not expecting a lot of excitement. JB is probably trying to engineer a trade right now. But I don't see any takers on Weber and Prust -- the two obvious candidates. If JB can get any kind of draft pick (even 7th round) for either one he will be doing well in my view. That means waivers.

But what I would like to see is Vrby traded for second round pick. I don't think that actually hurts the team right now (at least not much), and it would help from a developmental point of view.

4 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yup, two guys will have to go if Henrik and Hammer are back in. However, it would not surprise me to see one or both of them stay out a bit longer. I suspect Henrik's injury has been understated (as is normal) and Hammer might need some practice time (and he is coming back a lot sooner than originally suggested).

If they do come back for CLB I am  not expecting a lot of excitement. JB is probably trying to engineer a trade right now. But I don't see any takers on Weber and Prust -- the two obvious candidates. If JB can get any kind of draft pick (even 7th round) for either one he will be doing well in my view. That means waivers.

But what I would like to see is Vrby traded for second round pick. I don't think that actually hurts the team right now (at least not much), and it would help from a developmental point of view.

Agreed. I just can't see Vrbata being the difference maker on the team making the playoffs or not. With him gone, Hansen could play with Bo if Sutter goes up or Sutter or Vey could play wing wing with Bo and Baer to keep Hansen on the 1st. Any of those I don't think really hurts the team. It's not like Vrbata and his 1 PP goal in his last 16 games is a huge factor in the 25 combined points from Bo and Baer in the same time span. 

3 hours ago, JamesB said:

Yup, two guys will have to go if Henrik and Hammer are back in.   ...

The solution seems obvious from an asset management point of view.  Rather than lose anyone, all we need to do is assign Hutton to the Comets and Virtanen to the Hitmen.  ;)

Note:  Please don't anyone reply to this as if it was serious.

I  also have a question about Waivers....

Why are  not  Burrows, Prust , and Weber not on Waivers right now since they don't help our team and are untradeable  ?

We have better players in Utica  - Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Pedan that could take their spots and make or club stronger. 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I  also have a question about Waivers....

Why are  not  Burrows, Prust , and Weber not on Waivers right now since they don't help our team and are untradeable  ?

We have better players in Utica  - Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Pedan that could take their spots and make or club stronger. 

Benning wants to develop our prospects in a winning environment. This includes Utica. Take all their best guys and we just killed any hope on the farm team.

19 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Benning wants to develop our prospects in a winning environment. This includes Utica. Take all their best guys and we just killed any hope on the farm team.

Good response. That make sense.   

Prust , Weber and Burrows would probably suck in the AHL as well LOL> 

Archived