The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meetings to legalize rape, to be held in Vancouver and 43 different countries

Diamond NHL

IN all honesty one of the BEST things that could happen from these events is local news very publicly speaking to groups of males at these meeting places at this point in time asking how they feel about these meetings and then airing them very publicly.

Not accusing them or anything, just making VERY clear why they are there and why they are interviewing people and again pointing out they are there looking to meet and interview groups of men interested in these meetings and this guys little boys club.

Be fun to see how they answer these questions knowing their faces will now be synonymous with this group and these meetings aired locally and possibly nationally no?

OP makes it sound like there are some government officials secretly conspiring to legalize rape.

I read the newspaper article the other day it's just a bunch of losers meeting up to hate on women, whose leader happens to think rape should be legal.  

Nothing will come of this, although if you anyone who just happens to be going to the art gallery around that time, and isn't looking at art, you might wanna reevaluate that friendship.

I don't support his ideology but I do support his right to speak it.

Some of you would rather censor his disgusting ideas, and I can see how easy it would be to do so in this case. However, censorship of one idea or group will lead to more censorship. 

The Nazis didn't burn books to keep warm, after all.

Also, I don't support public shaming or attempting to get people fired from their employer simply because you don't like who they associate with. ( This happens to many people undeservedly) There should be laws against public shaming simply for having a perspective.

There's no need to censor what most everyone considers idiotic in the first place.  But if you're crossing the line, damn rights you should be able to be fired, and you should be open to public ridicule if you take your thoughts to the public.  

You can't have it both ways.   If you want to be a manly man and get on that pro-rape soapbox, then you should have the balls to see it through, and not have to be excused by today's pillow generation that you're fighting against.

9 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

I don't support his ideology but I do support his right to speak it.

Some of you would rather censor his disgusting ideas, and I can see how easy it would be to do so in this case. However, censorship of one idea or group will lead to more censorship. 

The Nazis didn't burn books to keep warm, after all.

Also, I don't support public shaming or attempting to get people fired from their employer simply because you don't like who they associate with. ( This happens to many people undeservedly) There should be laws against public shaming simply for having a perspective.

Well you are such a fan of free speech.. Well I think you are disgusting for even trying to justify their free speech!  And laws against public shaming of these losers?  I'll be honest.. You're lucky you aren't sitting in a bar talking like you are.. Wait that's right!You would never go into public and talk like this... 

4 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

There's no need to censor what most everyone considers idiotic in the first place.  But if you're crossing the line, damn rights you should be able to be fired, and you should be open to public ridicule if you take your thoughts to the public.  

You can't have it both ways.   If you want to be a manly man and get on that pro-rape soapbox, then you should have the balls to see it through, and not have to be excused by today's pillow generation that you're fighting against.

So who decides what's crossing the line? Tim Hunt, a Nobel Prize winner, lost his job for some innocent off hand remark that people inflamed into some sort of hate speech.

How about Matt Taylor, one of the scientists involved with landing a spacecraft on a comet? He didnt even SAY anything, his shirt just happened to depict some scantily clad women on it, I guess thats enough to lose your job too, right? Too bad, the 'line' was crossed...whatever that means.

Like I said, its easy to justify publicly shaming people who support rape legalization. However I won't advocate that type of behaviour, simply because it is too easy to do this to any person who expresses any thought or is part of any movement. 

It's a tool to use the fear of losing one's livelihood to suppress free expression, and if you think that's ok, then I am sorry to say you are supporting fascism.

Political Correctness is a form of fascism...either conform or face the consequences. 

16 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Cause these same losers that need rape to get sex are the same POS's are too chicken be in the open with their views

9 hours ago, Lancaster said:

To play devil's advocate.... unless they're actually inciting violence or ordering others to rape people.... they're technically not doing anything wrong. 

That's not to say I wouldn't mind punching them in the face... but we can't ban thought crimes. 

Isn't public shaming free speech as well?

I don't think these guys should be banned by the legal system either (unless they specifically incite violence or cause a disturbance on private property) but the legal right to hold an opinion does not mean the legal right to say whatever you want without disagreement or consequence from society.

I agree that public shaming should be approached with caution (social media vigilantism is one thing I'm not a fan of) because too many innocent people have gotten harassed due to someone mixing up the facts.  But for example if someone goes on the news and expresses these views publicly and you know it's actually them, they deserve every bit of public backlash they get.  And if their employer no longer wants to associate with them, that's their right too. Considering most companies employ women and/or serve woman as customers, I wouldn't want these guys around.  Even if my company didn't associate with women in any way, I still wouldn't want hateful people around.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

So who decides what's crossing the line? Tim Hunt, a Nobel Prize winner, lost his job for some innocent off hand remark that people inflamed into some sort of hate speech.

How about Matt Taylor, one of the scientists involved with landing a spacecraft on a comet? He didnt even SAY anything, his shirt just happened to depict some scantily clad women on it, I guess thats enough to lose your job too, right? Too bad, the 'line' was crossed...whatever that means.

Like I said, its easy to justify publicly shaming people who support rape legalization. However I won't advocate that type of behaviour, simply because it is too easy to do this to any person who expresses any thought or is part of any movement. 

It's a tool to use the fear of losing one's livelihood to suppress free expression, and if you think that's ok, then I am sorry to say you are supporting fascism.

Political Correctness is a form of fascism...either conform or face the consequences. 

In this case the public ridicule is justified.  In some cases it won't be.  So you shouldn't be for or against public ridicule, really.  First off, it's going to happen regardless, and secondly, each case is different.

This case is not a good one to form a paperweight freedom of speech argument.  Maybe another case would be better.

It would be ironic of these anti-social manly men then go onto cry about their social rights being trampled on though.

14 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Well you are such a fan of free speech.. Well I think you are disgusting for even trying to justify their free speech!  And laws against public shaming of these losers?  I'll be honest.. You're lucky you aren't sitting in a bar talking like you are.. Wait that's right!You would never go into public and talk like this... 

Just illustrates my point further about how people resort to intimidation and veiled threats to silence those they disagree with, instead of a calm rational discussion.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.

4 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Just illustrates my point further about how people resort to intimidation and veiled threats to silence those they disagree with, instead of a calm rational discussion.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Sorry bud. Not intimidation.  We are talking RAPE.. RAPE.. NOT POLITICS.. FREAKING RAPE!   Don't use this as your soapbox for free speech and thoughts.. There is no fee speech that will protect you from speaking pro RAPE. 

Maybe u should walk away before we confuse you as somebody who might attend this meeting..

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

In this case the public ridicule is justified.  In some cases it won't be.  So you shouldn't be for or against public ridicule, really.  First off, it's going to happen regardless, and secondly, each case is different.

This case is not a good one to form a paperweight freedom of speech argument.  Maybe another case would be better.

It would be ironic of these anti-social manly men then go onto cry about their social rights being trampled on though.

Why resort to public ridicule? If the ideas are so flawed, why can we not use reason and logic to contest them? Why do you think they are deserving of having their lives ruined just for having an unpopular idea?

I believe their ideology is deplorable, however I will still respect their right to assembly within the law. 

It is one thing to criticize one's ideas, but another thing entirely to attempt to harm a person simply because of what they believe. This is known as 'persecution'.

We cannot have a free expression of ideas if we decide that those with unpopular ideas are to be cast out of society. 

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Why resort to public ridicule? If the ideas are so flawed, why can we not use reason and logic to contest them? Why do you think they are deserving of having their lives ruined just for having an unpopular idea?

I believe their ideology is deplorable, however I will still respect their right to assembly within the law. 

It is one thing to criticize one's ideas, but another thing entirely to attempt to harm a person simply because of what they believe. This is known as 'persecution'.

We cannot have a free expression of ideas if we decide that those with unpopular ideas are to be cast out of society. 

You'll have to ask the public.

Anyway, the idiot in this case is getting some attention.  Mission accomplished.

4 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Sorry bud. Not intimidation.  We are talking RAPE.. RAPE.. NOT POLITICS.. FREAKING RAPE!   Don't use this as your soapbox for free speech and thoughts.. There is no fee speech that will protect you from speaking pro RAPE. 

Maybe u should walk away before we confuse you as somebody who might attend this meeting..

These people havent raped anyone AFAIK, they just have some very misguided views on personal rights. I have already stated clearly that I do not agree with their views, and I dont appreciate your threatening vitriol.  

Archived