The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meetings to legalize rape, to be held in Vancouver and 43 different countries

Diamond NHL

Letting this kind of thing actually happen could be dangerous, but not much they can do cause this loser's right to free speech. So they should send undercover cops to these meetings to make sure the rest of the losers who attend it don't actually go out and rape someone after the meetings.

10 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

These people havent raped anyone AFAIK, they just have some very misguided views on personal rights. I have already stated clearly that I do not agree with their views, and I dont appreciate your threatening vitriol.  

Threatening?  I'm threatening !?.. I'm sure there will be many people on here today that have either suffered or had somebody close to them be assaulted sexually. I stand with them...

I ask you this, who's vitriol do you think they would find more threatening!?

But before you go on another free speech tirade remember we are not talking about anything that be justified and protected under free speech.  We are not talking, "pay women less than men, they are not equal... " Blah blah blah.. This is disgusting and deplorable and I stand with those that will not tolerate these "views" in my society.

17 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Threatening?  I'm threatening !?.. I'm sure there will be many people on here today that have either suffered or had somebody close to them be assaulted sexually. I stand with them...

I ask you this, who's vitriol do you think they would find more threatening!?

But before you go on another free speech tirade remember we are not talking about anything that be justified and protected under free speech.  We are not talking, "pay women less than men, they are not equal... " Blah blah blah.. This is disgusting and deplorable and I stand with those that will not tolerate these "views" in my society.

Let me ask you some things: Do you support people's right to speak pro-abortion? I mean, no matter what language you use, you're still killing a future someone. And I'm pretty sure killing is a step below raping, as bad as raping is.

On top of that, look at the amount of killing on TV and in movies. It's portrayed nearly everywhere. Die Hard fans love seeing Hans Gruber fall off the building. And even though it's fiction, relatively no one is denying their right to portray people killing and getting killed. Not to mention in music, books, and other entertainment sources.

So, if you don't want people to have free speech about either side of rape (as bad as it is), why would you let someone have free speech about either side of killing, let alone portray it?

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Let me ask you some things: Do you support people's right to speak pro-abortion? I mean, no matter what language you use, you're still killing a future someone. And I'm pretty sure killing is a step below raping, as bad as raping is.

On top of that, look at the amount of killing on TV and in movies. It's portrayed nearly everywhere. Die Hard fans love seeing Hans Gruber fall off the building. And even though it's fiction, relatively no one is denying their right to portray people killing and getting killed. Not to mention in music, books, and other entertainment sources.

So, if you don't want people to have free speech about either side of rape (as bad as it is), why would you let someone have free speech about either side of killing, let alone portray it?

Ok so here's my take.. And of the women in my life they all agree.

rape is viewed too lightly by the courts.  IMO in the case of blatant violent rape, it should be viewed up with murder as far as punishment.  When you kill somebody, their suffering is over, however rape leaves a lifetime of scared to heal.  Apples to oranges really IMO.  

Think about it this way.  With as many service members as a lot of us have had in our ancestry, we all are related to somebody who has taken a life.  Killing has happened in the past, some of it justified some of it not..   NEVER in our (recent) history has Rape been justified.

8 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

This guy gets around 30 people at his 'meetings' lol. I just heard about him yesterday. Just an internet troll imo.

He makes over 6 figures a year selling his books and blogging, so whether you call him or troll or not he's still successful.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I guess their rally prior to this to legalize stupidity was a success.

EDIT:  Oh look, Jian Ghomeshi's look a like is the founder.  Appropriate.

Deb, this group isn't about legalizing rape. A good portion of the Return of the Kings articles are trolling or semi-trolling, to make money by gathering hits.

Most of the website is about men's self improvement, getting fit, learning languages and knowledge.

Can I just point out one thing here

I find it funny that the 3 or 4 posters who endlessly post about how refugees/migrants in europe assaulting women are suspiciously absent here when their countrymen are happily about to take part in a boys club meeting to discuss the validity and legalisation or allowance of rape in their own country.

Their own country and countrymen, not europeans migrants or muslims.

Carry on

1 hour ago, Lockhart said:

Deb, this group isn't about legalizing rape. A good portion of the Return of the Kings articles are trolling or semi-trolling, to make money by gathering hits.

Most of the website is about men's self improvement, getting fit, learning languages and knowledge.

How do you know they're trolling? No where does their page suggest it's satire nor does it even hint at it. They're entirely serious about what they're saying. As you mentioned they're a pro-men group. But they're also right-wing, focused on demoting women to "traditional" roles, and being against liberalism. It says that right in their "About", plus a lot of their articles lean those ways. What they're expressing is no different than half the B.S. I read online. Difference is they have an actual website for it and those views aren't just expressed in comment sections..

12 hours ago, Diamond NHL said:

Just a heads up, be careful on February 6th as some idiots are planning worldwide meetings in 43 different countries to legalize rape. Here's the link for where the meetings are planned and stay safe please.

http://archive.is/lhMKP

Whoa...I don't think you know what you are talking about.... Maam!

Not going to bother posting the whole article as it's way too long. But it's worth a read. Everything you want to know (or not know) about this guy and his movement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3427647/The-seedy-code-followers-pro-rape-pick-artist-Daryush-Valizadeh-known-Roosh-V-use-accepted-Australian-meetings.html

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Can I just point out one thing here

I find it funny that the 3 or 4 posters who endlessly post about how refugees/migrants in europe assaulting women are suspiciously absent here when their countrymen are happily about to take part in a boys club meeting to discuss the validity and legalisation or allowance of rape in their own country.

Their own country and countrymen, not europeans migrants or muslims.

Carry on

You know I have been critical of the Islamic migrants in Europe and the actions that occurred in Cologne. I am not absent. 

Rape is against the law and should be punished.

Discussing rape is entirely different than committing rape, so let's not conflate the two.

I have serious issues with Islamic ideology, but again, I will support their right to their beliefs. It has been shown however that many people who have those views do not tolerate the freedom of others. As such, I do have concern for places like Germany and Sweden, where this ideology will stifle free expression.

Archived