The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Trade Deadline Moves

Let's assume there's some merit to the Washington getting Hamhuis rumours. As much as I'd like us to get Bowey, it's just not realistic. So I'll go with things I can see as realistic.

Hamhuis to Washington for their 1st

Vrbata to anyone for a 2nd

Burrows retained 50% & 2nd to Florida for Pirri. Add in a 3rd or 4th if need be. A 4.5 million dollar Burrows is untradeable, a 2.25 million dollar Burrows is more attractive.

Washington's 1st + a prospect like Cassels for a young, top 4 D man like Vatanen.

Prust for a 5th

Bartkowski for a 4th

Get a top 6 winger in free agency. I'd go for Okposo.

As much as we may be overpaying a little for Pirri and Vatanen, who cares. They're young, coming into prime age guys we can have for 6+ years. 

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Okposo

Baertschi-Horvat-Vey

Pirri-Sutter-Hansen

Dorsett-Zalewski-Virtanen

Shinkaruk

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Vatanen

Hutton-Pedan/Tryamkin

Biega

Sure, maybe we overpaid a little but we now have a roster with 16 of 18 guys 30 or under with a lot of good years left. Plenty of time to lose out on a couple extra picks (we still keep all of ours) while we draft and develop. Puts us in a place where losing the Sedins will be less of a blow in 2 years too. And we're back to looking like a playoff team.

9 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

I'd give my daughter's hand in marriage to Benning if he acquired Sami Vatanen for 29th/30th overall + Cole Cassels.

Yeah this is the only trade I had an issue with. A decent proposal overall. Much more realistic than most of threads that have been made so far.  

Moving out you gave up: Vbrata, Hamhuis, Cassels like prospect, 2nd & possibly a 3rd or 4th.  Which I’m complete fine with but two things around your returns

A ) we don’t need a small left handed center like Pirri to play LW
B ) ANA isn’t giving up Vatanen for a pick. 

Instead why not use the assets you’re willing to give up to get a player that we need, like Bowey

Hamhuis  (%50 retained) + Conditional 2nd + Brisebrois for Bowey

Then you can move out the other assets (Vbara, Burrows, Prust, Bartkowski) for picks

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Okposo
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem
Gaunce-Zalewski-Dorsett
Vey/Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Sbisa
Pedan Bowey
Biega

We'd still have a lot of cap left over to go out and try to sign a UFA D.  I'd prefer to move edler for a top 4 RHD

29 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Moving out you gave up: Vbrata, Hamhuis, Cassels like prospect, 2nd & possibly a 3rd or 4th.  Which I’m complete fine with but two things around your returns

A ) we don’t need a small left handed center like Pirri to play LW
B ) ANA isn’t giving up Vatanen for a pick. 

Instead why not use the assets you’re willing to give up to get a player that we need, like Bowey

Hamhuis  (%50 retained) + Conditional 2nd + Brisebrois for Bowey

Then you can move out the other assets (Vbara, Burrows, Prust, Bartkowski) for picks

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Okposo
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem
Gaunce-Zalewski-Dorsett
Vey/Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Sbisa
Pedan Bowey
Biega

We'd still have a lot of cap left over to go out and try to sign a UFA D.  I'd prefer to move edler for a top 4 RHD

No Virtanen?

6 minutes ago, NZ_Canuck said:

No Virtanen?

I’m also of the opinion that McCann and Virtanen could start in the AHL .  If this team can’t find a partner for Burrows at the start of the year start, I’d also start Shinkaruk in the AHL next year.  Shinkaruk, McCann and Virtanen would rip the AHL apart.  Then once we move a few more vets out (Burrows, Dorsett, possibly Hansen),hopefully after Christmas break we’d be able to bring up those three. 

Edler and Miller should also be up for grabs, Detroit has been eyeing Edler for years and now they have a couple guys out it might be an opportunity to ship him there for a top level prospect like a Mantha or a Burtuzzi plus Richards to offset the $$. Then move Miller for a prospect and a pick (Anaheim's Theodore and a 3rd) I know people would say why Miller  when they have Anderson and Gibson but Anderson has been somewhat underwhelming this year and I'm not sure they can go into the playoffs with those two. As for Burrows I don't think he's going anywhere yet management is to invested in what "intangibles" he brings to the team and community. Hammer to Washington makes total sense but I think Wash would have to throw in a prospect to get him.

Archived