The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What should Nucks do if they get #2 pick in 2016 draft

By sea and land

10 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

He's had two drafts in Vancouver, and so far you could make a case that he's missed on all his 1st round picks. He's taken good players, but honestly, it's looking like he's passed on a few better options. 

2015- Boeser over Konecny, Aho or Roslovic...tough to say who the better player will be out of those four. I think most experts would have taken Konecny there...we'll have to see If Benning missed with Boeser

2014- Personally I would have taken Virtanen to, so no issue with the pick, but it will be fun to see how he stacks up against Nylander, Ehlers and Ritchie who were the other top options at No. 6. 

And then McCann at No. 24, while it isn't a bad pick, David Pastrnak, Brendan Lemieux and Ivan Barbashev  were there. I had all three ranked above McCann on my draft board. And Benning likely knew a ton about Pastrnak, having likely given the Bruins insight on him all season long. 

Again, I don't think he's bad at drafting, but he's also not the God a lot of people making him out to be. 

Give anyone on this message board those three picks, I bet most of us make out just as well in the first round. 

No offence but this has the be the stupidest comment I have seen on here in a while. 

Laine..I like his long reach,,that stick looks as long as Mario's used to look without being cumbersome.

Plus there's a toughness to the Finn's nowaday's that I like.

I think it would be cool to delete silly grammar arguments or whatever that seem to be nothing but trolling the page. IMO

Like a lot of people have said either one of the Finns, I think Puljujarvi is more of the type of player Benning would take. 

It also depends on who finished below and what that team maybe looking for, if say Edmonton finished 3rd and wanted Chychrun and the teams picking at 4th and 5th really wanted Tkachuck  I'd trade with one of them for an extra piece or two and still get one of the Finns.

4 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

i

I'm confused.  Are you apologizing? You are explaining that I was condescending and then point out I intended to make you feel like an idiot, then say you are sorry?  

I apologize that I hit the only apparent nerve you had left after a botched surgery.

wow you really a one piece of work

i apologized for my remarks even tho the last comments you made were condescending .instead of being a man you throw more insults at me  real class act you are  you remind me of ctron could only spew negativity At Ieast I tried to be civil I guess my not getting laid comment hit to close to home .

3 minutes ago, bp79 said:

i apologized for my remarks even tho the last comments you made were condescending .instead of being a man you throw more insults at me  real class act you are  you remind me of ctron could only spew negativity At Ieast I tried to be civil I guess my not getting laid comment hit to close to home .

Lol, okay I'll bite.  What is ctron?

9 minutes ago, bp79 said:

And thank you.

On February 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Stelar said:

No offence but this has the be the stupidest comment I have seen on here in a while. 

Yep. My thoughts exactly. I guess the rookie scoring leader in the NCAA division one is not a good pick at 23. Lol

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

At 2 it's win win with either Fin

Neither Finn, nor Tkachuk is a centre.  At two we should trade down, so we still get one of the top three D, plus get more assets.  Maybe a team like Columbus really wants an American in Tkachuk?  We get their pick and more.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Neither Finn, nor Tkachuk is a centre.  At two we should trade down, so we still get one of the top three D, plus get more assets.  Maybe a team like Columbus really wants an American in Tkachuk?  We get their pick and more.  

I never said Centre? :s

I wouldn't even hesitate at the opportunity to pick one of the fins they are studs

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I never said Centre? :s

I wouldn't even hesitate at the opportunity to pick one of the fins they are studs

I think, like the Twins in '99, it's both Finns or neither.  We need picks 3 and 4.  Matthews, Tkachuk, and the Vancouver Canucks select from Finland: Laine and Pulijujaarvi.  I'm okay with that scenario.  ::D

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think, like the Twins in '99, it's both Finns or neither.  We need picks 3 and 4.  Matthews, Tkachuk, and the Vancouver Canucks select from Finland: Laine and Pulijujaarvi.  I'm okay with that scenario.  ::D

Canucks would certainly have more Finnish around the net if that were to happen :wub:::D

1 minute ago, Positive Canuck said:

Trade up for Mathews.
Laine says he'll be the best player in the NHL within 2-3 years.

Laine has not played in the NHL, against talented, big, and mean players.  He looks like a can't miss, but these Euros who come here without playing in our leagues (college or Jr.) first there is always the chance they will not be tough enough physically or mentally.  We don't know with Laine and Pulijjarvi if they can make it here.  Will they be great like the Twins, or crumble like the guy drafted ahead of the Twins.  I'm guessing they will be fine, but we really have no evidence they can perform on this ice sheet against the extreme checking of the NHL.  I'm moving down unless its first overall.  

Archived