The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] ZODIAC II: Monkey Business

Master Radishes

This is a 'role madness' game. Everyone will be assigned one of the roles outlined below. There will be 1-3 of each role, plus several Monkeys (Mafia). Exact numbers will not be revealed. Please read the role descriptions carefully. If you have any questions, just ask me.

Standard Rules

http://cdcmafia.wikia.com/wiki/CDC_Mafia_Rulebook#CDC_Mafia_Rulebook

Roles

Spoiler

MONKEY - ROLE-COPIER [MAFIA]

It is the Year of the Monkey, and you monkeys figure it's high time you ascend to your rightful place as Rulers of the Zodiac. You have banded together to launch a campaign against the other members of the Zodiac, who you will systematically eliminate one by one.

You monkeys are clever, tricky, and notorious mimics. You are going to use this to your advantage. At any point in the game - but only once - you can PM me the name of another player, and you will copy their role. You will receive their standard ability and be able to use it yourself. You will not be able to change your role once you have chosen, so choose your target wisely.

Your adopted role can be affected by other roles, including the Snake or Tiger. Dragon investigations will reveal as 'monkey', except in the case of the Fire Monkey, who has investigation immunity.

The target will not be informed that they have been copied. Any role can be copied.

DRAGON - INVESTIGATOR

You dragons are charismatic, courageous, and natural born leaders. Well, it's time to step up and be a leader! Once per round, you can PM the name of one player and you will be informed of that player's zodiac sign.

The player will not be informed that they have been targeted. The result of your investigation will be given at the beginning of the following round. You will be informed if your target is a monkey, regardless of their copied role, except in the case of the Fire Monkey, whose true identity will remain hidden from you.

SNAKE - ROLE CORRUPTER

You snakes are charming but jealous, intelligent but insecure. You don't have a special power like the others, and that bothers you. So you'll get your revenge in your own way - by using your silver tongue and changing their minds. You have the ability to corrupt another player's role - that is, change their intended target to one of your own choice. Once per round, you can PM me the name of another player whose role you wish corrupted, and the name of which player you want the power to affect instead.

You will not be informed of the roles of the players involved. The players will not be informed they have been targeted.

TIGER - ROLE-SWITCHER

You tigers are courageous, authoritative, and not afraid to interfere in the affairs of others. Once per round, you can PM me the names of two players and those two players will have their signs/roles switched. The switch will take effect the following round, assuming both players survive the night's kills, and will remain in effect for the remainder of the game unless switched again.

You will not be informed of the actual roles of the two players you target. They will not be informed who you are nor who they switched roles with. Certain players will not be affected by your power.

HORSE - ROLE-BLOCKER

You horses are sharp-witted, but you have an independent streak and a tendency to interfere in the affairs of others. You plan to interfere here as well! Once per round, you can PM me the name of one player and that player will have their actions blocked. If their actions are night-oriented, they will be blocked at the end of the round; if their actions are day-oriented (i.e. during the lynch vote phase) they will be blocked the following round.

The player will only be informed they have been role-blocked once they attempt to use their role power. They will not be informed who blocked them.

OX - DOCTOR

You oxen are steadfast, reliable and very protective of your friends. You are so protective, in fact, that you will do whatever you can to save them. Once per round, you can PM me the name of one player and that player will be protected from all kills for that night.

You cannot protect yourself. The player will not be informed that they were protected.

ROOSTER - WATCHER

You roosters are known to be keenly observant - nothing escapes your notice! Once per round, you can PM me the name of one player and that player will be watched during the night's actions. You will observe everyone who visits that player (i.e. who targets them with their own role powers), although you won't know what actions were performed on your target.

You may not target yourself. The watched player will not be informed that you were watching them.

RAT - TRACKER

You rats are clever, ever curious, and always seeking knowledge. Once per round, you can PM me the name of one player and that player will be tracked. You will see what that player does during the night - who they visit, if anyone. You will not know what actions your tracked player performs, only who they targeted with their own power.

The tracked player will not be informed that you were tracking them.

RABBIT - VOTE ENHANCER

You rabbits are popular, but like to avoid conflict and can be seen as pushovers. In order to keep things running smoothly and keep people happy, you are willing to affect the lynch vote. Once per round, you can PM me the name of one player, and that player will have their lynch vote for that round count for double.

The player will not be informed who targeted them. The double vote will not be revealed except in official GM vote counts. You can PM me at any time before the round ends, and you can change your target throughout the round as well. You cannot give yourself the double vote.

DOG - VOTE NEGATER

You dogs are loyal and faithful, but can be distrustful and temperamental, prone to mood swings. Your distrust and temperamental can affect the lynch vote negatively. Once per round, you can PM the name of one player and that player's lynch vote will be taken away - their vote will not count.

The player will not be informed who targeted them. The negated vote will not be revealed except in official GM vote counts. You can PM me at any time before the round ends, and you can change your target throughout the round as well. You cannot give yourself the negated vote.

GOAT - TWINBLADE

You goats are deep thinkers, calm and gentle on the outside. But you can also be high-strung or anxiety-ridden. You are willing to do something drastic if you think you've puzzled out a member of the opposing faction. Once per game, you can PM me the name of one player and you will enact a murder-suicide on that player. They will be killed, but so will you.

Your attack will be carried as soon as I see your message, even during the day when the lynch vote is still ongoing. So be sure of who you want to kill before you send a name to me!

PIG - LOVERS

You pigs are extremely nice, well-liked, and make great companions - until someone crosses you, then watch out! You do not have a special role...but you do know all other pigs in the game, who they are and what their faction is. What's more, you pigs have banded together - you want to WIN together! Regardless of your public alignment (Town or Triad) you pigs only win if you are the last players standing.

If one of you dies, however, the other will go mad with grief and become a Serial Killer. For the remainder of the game that player will have one kill per night. The objective will still be to remain the last player standing.

Order of precedence

Spoiler

1) Snake (Role-corrupter)

2) Horse (Role-blocker)

3) Ox (Doctor)

4) Pig (Serial Killer)

5) Triad kill - unaffected by Snake, Horse, Rat, or Rooster

6) Dragon (Investigator) - receive results

7) Rat (Tracker) and Rooster (Watcher) - receive results

8) Tiger (Role-switcher) - assuming both targets survived, roles will be switched after  any actions are taken or results are given - however, can still be Watched/Tracked by a Rat/Rooster

i) Dog (Vote Negater) and Rabbit (Vote Enhancer) - unaffected by Rat or Rooster - affected by Horse or Snake in following round

ii) Pig (Lover) - unaffected by Tiger; when both Pigs still alive, unaffected by Snake, Horse, Rat, Rooster

iii) Goat (Twinblade) - target will be killed as soon as the GM sees the message, regardless of time of day - unaffected by Rat or Rooster - affected by Snake or Horse if targeted during previous Night

Other notes

Deadlines: Sun-Thu, 10:00pm PST; Fri-Sat, 12:00am PST.

(This is due to time zone differences - your Fri/Sat nights are my weekend mornings, and I ain't waking up early for you.)

Also note: first couple deadlines will be complicated af. Imma do my best not to mess it up. But please be forgiving if I do.

Screenshots: Not allowed.

Inactivity: Not allowed. Standard vote-or-die per two rounds.

PM communication: Allowed.

Dr.S's creepy-man-eating-head GIF: Not allowed.

GM: Master Radishes

Player list:

1. Dral

2. Beluga Whale 

3. Intoewsables

4. mau5trap

5. Baer.

6. g_bassi13

7. Virtanen87

8. King Heffy

9. JohnLocke

10. milk and honey