The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] ZODIAC II: Monkey Business

Master Radishes

2 hours ago, Dral said:

seriously seriously tho, what the hell does that mean? :P

:lol: I meant no offense - take it as a compliment. You yourself answered it:

" and first in awesomeness., controversy, and general debauchery..."

You just have far more creative and crazier games than most. I honestly didn't mean to rip on you, just making a joke at your expense. :)

4 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

You should fully flesh out that valentine's day theme you were thinking of two years ago. I remember you saying you had something there (if you can remember what that something was). The only thing you implemented from it was that love triangle between Dr S, GFY, and Myself, which produced the quote in my sig.

Don't think anyone would care that it's already out of date. As long as it's in February, lol.

I can't remember what I had in mind now. :lol: Definitely enjoyed the 'love triangle' aspect, though, even if it never had an effect in that other game.

My current ideas are a little too 'grand' to be ready for launch on short notice, I'm thinking. Maybe this would keep things simpler.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

I can't remember what I had in mind now. :lol: Definitely enjoyed the 'love triangle' aspect, though, even if it never had an effect in that other game.

My current ideas are a little too 'grand' to be ready for launch on short notice, I'm thinking. Maybe this would keep things simpler.

I'm down for a vanilla-ish game tbh but I'll play anything.

1) Beluga

LOL we need some new Mafia players because I called out Kaz and Fwybwed in round 1 and Toews in round 3.

At one point I was screaming at my screen cause it was so obvious!!!! If the TP just let me kill Toews they probably would have won.

I hope this is a lesson to all of you. Just because somebody is in an alliance doesn't mean S#!T.

8 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Honestly, infiltration wasn't even the plan. I tracked Zfetch and saw that he hadn't visited anyone, so I had a feeling he may have been a Pig. I was going to go public with the information to try and swing the focus onto him, but he ended up being the "TP leader" and that led to me being accepted into the alliance.

Also, part of the 'plan' later on was to sacrifice Kaz to make the TP alliance look legit (he volunteered), but I screwed that up and actually made him look TP by accident. (MR joked around in my watcher PM suggesting that I saw one of my teammates visit g_bassi, and I wasn't aware that watcher results wouldn't show mafia kills, so I added him in to implicate him.)

I actually thought I played pretty poorly in the thread -- and mau5 did a great job pouncing on that to separate us -- but I appreciate that. The whole accidental infiltration sure saved my ass though. 

54 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I'm also surprised nobody is praising mau5trap. He remained under the radar without drawing any suspicion. Not once did I think he was Mafia.

Aww, stop it guys :blush:

(jk, keep saying nice things). 

I appreciate the kind words. I really did try my best to put in time and contribute, but most of my contributions came when not as many people were on (1 or 2 am). And catching up 50 pages during the first round was craziness. 

Well.. I called out Intoewsables and Kaz and I was pretty sure Intoewsables was Mafia from RD 3 forward (Kaz was more of a guess cause he only came into vote late in rounds like someone was telling him to).

But I gave up after JL was Mafia because there was a 100% chance the TP alliance would never listen to me anyways so it was pointless for me to have an opinion.

23 minutes ago, Go Faulk Yourself said:

Well.. I called out Intoewsables and Kaz and I was pretty sure Intoewsables was Mafia from RD 3 forward (Kaz was more of a guess cause he only came into vote late in rounds like someone was telling him to).

But I gave up after JL was Mafia because there was a 100% chance the TP alliance would never listen to me anyways so it was pointless for me to have an opinion.

This x100000

Alliances are overrated imo.

2 minutes ago, Baer. said:

This x100000

Alliances are overrated imo.

This x100000000

I hate tp alliances because they take over the game and promote sheep behavior. Mafia is at its best when everything is happening ITT.

Also I'm pretty sure one of the reasons MR allowed the monkeys to steal roles was to prevent alliances from controlling the game.

\

24 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

This x100000000

I hate tp alliances because they take over the game and promote sheep behavior. Mafia is at its best when everything is happening ITT.

Also I'm pretty sure one of the reasons MR allowed the monkeys to steal roles was to prevent alliances from controlling the game.

Can we blame Zfetch on the fact the TP lost? :P

The convo was originally supposed to be me and Zfetch, then I needed to prove something to you, and then Zfetch added a whole bunch of people... :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I didn't consciously engineer the game to prevent an alliance, but I certainly didn't expect one to form like it did and take such control due to the game set-up.

I was worried the copying OPed the Mafia so I gave Jazz a pre-game investigation (Zfetch) to help kickstart a small alliance as a counter. But I was as surprised as anyone that it grew so large and so trusting.

One thing I've learned as GM over the years - you can design a game however you want, but once it begins it's out of your control. :P

4 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

:lol: I meant no offense - take it as a compliment. You yourself answered it:

" and first in awesomeness., controversy, and general debauchery..."

You just have far more creative and crazier games than most. I honestly didn't mean to rip on you, just making a joke at your expense. :)

hehe no I totally took it as a compliment, I was just playing it up

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

\

Can we blame Zfetch on the fact the TP lost? :P

The convo was originally supposed to be me and Zfetch, then I needed to prove something to you, and then Zfetch added a whole bunch of people... :ph34r:

Zfetch is usually the one doing the conning. A rare off game. Hate to be against him next game, I'm sure he wants revenge :ph34r:

Archived