The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] ZODIAC II: Monkey Business

Master Radishes

1 hour ago, fwybwed said:

there are many people who jumped votes close to the end of the day...ill be looking at their posts. 

I'm not sure how much you can extrapolate from the votes right before nightfall if that's what you're talking about. The vote was set to be on Aladeen and once that fell apart it was just chaos. 

1 minute ago, mau5trap said:

I'm not sure how much you can extrapolate from the votes right before nightfall if that's what you're talking about. The vote was set to be on Aladeen and once that fell apart it was just chaos. 

I had a review of vote patterns many vote jumps with out reason...it wasn't just about the Aladeen chaos. I felt it was fishy to jump on a vote LAST then call those who were there before him scummy. 

1 hour ago, Intoewsables said:

Uh, no. You and Dr.S are the ones who come out of this looking bad for "knowing" a guy who was deflecting all round was TP. Reeks of looking for town cred.

I told you people were mad because I was in a PM with my boo. You didn't believe me that's on you.  Plus as I've said many times already you petty people get what you deserve, PMing is not a crime.

vote towes.

1 hour ago, Intoewsables said:

I don't think it's fair to hold that against Dr.S because a lot of us like to goof around early in the game. It's not really a scum tell here unless that's the only thing someone posts for an extended period of time, and it looks like they're actively avoiding the conversation. There are definitely other, valid reasons for being down on him right now though.

Any idea when these edits were roughly? Wouldn't mind having a look at this myself.

I'll hold judgement for now. They were around page ~20. It's not a big deal, and they look like sincere edits with photo issues, I guess. 

He wasn't necessarily acting like a goof, but he was just doing his own thing posting about his ban list or whatever. Like I said, I just made a few small observations as I was catching up on the thread, but those posts seem irrelevant and feel like they were made years ago. 

4 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Uh, no. You and Dr.S are the ones who come out of this looking bad for "knowing" a guy who was deflecting all round was TP. Reeks of looking for town cred.

I actually remember at one point  (many games ago) I stopped commenting on who I though was TP because when i was right  everyone became super suspicious.of me. With Aladeen I'm usually able to get a very good read on him and this game he was very clearly twtbw. Also have people forgotten that mafia Aladeen gets super aggressively defensive that was a huge tell imo.

15 hours ago, mau5trap said:

Whatever, just going to chime in. 

-Earlier in the thread, Dr.S seemed a little suspect because he was talking about a lot of side discussions as opposed to the actual game. It was early, but it seemed like he was doing it more than the others.

-Perhaps a case of appearing to stay active without posting content? I saw that other's had put Dr.S on the top of their lists too, so it seems like I'm not alone. But that was way early on. 

-Dr.S also had a few edits which I don't know why no one made a big deal about.

-It seemed obvious that he was just having photo uploading issues,

-but if edits are prohibited, then I think the rule should be held up. I bring this up because to me, edits scream "I posted in the wrong thread/chat, let me change that quickly" which is something I have done in the past and got absolutely wrecked on. Just something to consider.

1- Why just call me out for this pretty much everyone was talking about non game related stuff and I was far from the worse offender in that department.

2- I was legitly having side conversations (admittedly that's a bit spammy but it's round one). You'll also note that again there where others going more off topic than I was. I was randomly thrown on peoples lists and I don't remember anyone actually saying anything about why they thought I was scummy.

3- Likely because they where non game related slightly spammy image only posts

4- yes it does.

5- My understanding has always been edit's where prohibited after a few minutes and not allowed in posts containing a vote. I've as a host and as a player never seen anyone punished for editing a post to make an image work especially when said post was in the early stages of round one.

Mafia Games World News

RIP Edition

The Mafia games world was shocked last night as the town lost several of it's wisest leaders. Fear of the triad caused the town to mistakenly lynch King Heffy, one of their own. In a battle clearly fought over a misunderstanding, Aladeen and Beluga Whale were lost. The Fire Monkey Triad in a dastardly raid took the life of the beloved 112 and Dral, as was his heroic nature, lost his life defending the town and removing the villainous Virtanen87. We pay our respects to those who have passed. :(

Beluga Whale
Aladeen
Dral
King Heffy

In a statement released in the hours following the tragic events, the venerable Master Radishes had this to say.

"I thought we could have gone for a new record for activity."

26 minutes ago, Go Faulk Yourself said:

I'd start looking at some of the people who haven't put any input in since the nightfall. The numbers from night one heavily weigh in the Mafias favour so I'd suspect that they'd really only have one person really being active while the others just watch and wait.

This is the funniest post I've ever read! I'd give you a +1 except that you're scum.
Since nightfall, you have made 9 posts, and this one, and only this one, might be considered to be substantial in nature.
Indeed! (bolded part)

Vote GFY

Archived