The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens listening to offers on Fleischmann, Weise, Gilbert

Nd1989

1 hour ago, MJDDawg said:

As they should.

Bergevin will take advantage of this poor season to deepen his prospect pool.

Hoping that JB and Trev have the balls and autonomy to do what needs to be done. I'm just not that confident they will.

They're already looking at offers, they've been doing it for weeks now. What are you talking about?

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Gilbert and Fleischmann are waiver wire junk.

Fleischmann's 4 pts in his last 29 games is anaemic production.  Lucky if anyone claimed him off waivers.

Same for Gilbert.  2.8 million for third pairing junk facing weak competition, getting high ozone starts, bad underlying numbers and 2 points in 39 games.

I'm sure GMs will be lining up to give up assets for them.

Dutch Gretzky might land you a late pick.

I'm not sticking up for Fleischmann at all as I also think he is junk but it's funny so many on cdc are crazy enough to think Vrbata is worth a 1st plus and Fleischmann has like 3 less points and he is waiver wire junk.

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not sticking up for Fleischmann at all as I also think he is junk but it's funny so many on cdc are crazy enough to think Vrbata is worth a 1st plus and Fleischmann has like 3 less points and he is waiver wire junk.

I'm really just giving Qwib a bit of a return on his commentary on every Canuck that is rumoured available :ph34r:.  

If Fleischmann hadn't been so ice cold for months now he might actually get them a rental return - but as it is, highly doubtful.  He did have to settle for one year at $750k in the summer, so pretty much indicates the level of interest.

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm really just giving Qwib a bit of a return on his commentary on every Canuck that is rumoured available :ph34r:.  

If Fleischmann hadn't been so ice cold for months now he might actually get them a rental return - but as it is, highly doubtful.  He did have to settle for one year at $750k in the summer, so pretty much indicates the level of interest.

I doubt he will even be in the nhl next year.

53 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

They're already looking at offers, they've been doing it for weeks now. What are you talking about?

Didn't say they weren't looking at offers, but even that is just speculation...unless of course JB has been seeking your advice.

What JB DID say was that they'll see how things go over the next three weeks and if they are within striking distance of a playoff spot he likely will not move our impending UFA's. In other words, there's a chance we do nothing and lose players in the summer for nothing. 

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Needless to say, but these guys aren't cornerstone pieces. 

Sounds like Bergevin is in denial, they need to make moves with more than just fringe pieces. 

All they need is Carey Price.

that is how good Carey Price is.

2 hours ago, goblix said:

They shld resign Weise gritty engine type of player that showed off sniper like qualities this season. Not going to cost a lot so should fit well as a 3rd // 4th liner in a cap system

I agree with hammer, Vrbata because their ufa. 

i like our vets: Hamhuis, Tanev, sedins, Hansen, Dorsett, sutter, and sbisa. im fine with trading Edler but that would depend on finding a replacement #1 minute guy so pretty hard to do so this or next season.

i do like the twins,tanev, hansen,and sutter. the sbisa, burrows, edler, and dorsett can go. we need those spots for younger more bigger and stronger players. dorsett was great when he came, over time he has kinda faded the same way prust did... just didn't fade as much as prust and so fast. sbisa is tough but not fast. 

13 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

i do like the twins,tanev, hansen,and sutter. the sbisa, burrows, edler, and dorsett can go. we need those spots for younger more bigger and stronger players. dorsett was great when he came, over time he has kinda faded the same way prust did... just didn't fade as much as prust and so fast. sbisa is tough but not fast. 

Understandable stand points, I think we have enough young guys on the roster and moving too many vets may be a mistake. 

So while Dorsett isn't performing the greatest or grittiest I think he still has a purpose. Sbisa he makes aggravating plays but he skates well enough and has been pretty good this year

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Hopefully gmJB saw this and realizes if he is going to sell, he better get to it.

I think we can relax, GMJB has clearly demonstrated that he knows when to fold and make the moves rather than waiting years to make a deal.

5 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

As they should.

Bergevin will take advantage of this poor season to deepen his prospect pool.

Hoping that JB and Trev have the balls and autonomy to do what needs to be done. I'm just not that confident they will.

GMJB have showed many times that he is willing to trade away a player that won't be in his future plans. Ex: Kesler, Bonino, Garrison

There's no doubt that they aren't looking for offers. You think that they'll just waive Prust, Higgins without looking for a partner? I am 100% certain that GMJB is deciding on which vets to trade and where. 

12 minutes ago, soshified said:

GMJB have showed many times that he is willing to trade away a player that won't be in his future plans. Ex: Kesler, Bonino, Garrison

There's no doubt that they aren't looking for offers. You think that they'll just waive Prust, Higgins without looking for a partner? I am 100% certain that GMJB is deciding on which vets to trade and where. 

I'm talking about 3 weeks from now and 5 points out of a playoff spot. And I'm referring to players in the starting lineup like Hammer and Vrby who'd have value to another team but might also help the Canucks get to the post season.

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

you are confusing a forum for a singular hive mind.

4 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Didn't say they weren't looking at offers, but even that is just speculation...unless of course JB has been seeking your advice.

What JB DID say was that they'll see how things go over the next three weeks and if they are within striking distance of a playoff spot he likely will not move our impending UFA's. In other words, there's a chance we do nothing and lose players in the summer for nothing. 

Oh cool, you're basing things on unlikely scenarios? There are already several offers for Hamhuis, we know he can be moved. Vrbata is a bigger question, but I think a team will take a risk on him if they want scoring depth.

So again, what are you talking about again?

Archived