The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens listening to offers on Fleischmann, Weise, Gilbert

Nd1989

16 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Oh cool, you're basing things on unlikely scenarios? There are already several offers for Hamhuis, we know he can be moved. Vrbata is a bigger question, but I think a team will take a risk on him if they want scoring depth.

So again, what are you talking about again?

Again, do I need to spell it out for you??

You're basing your FACTS on what exactly?? CDC threads?

You might want to read my original post again. Of course we know Hammer could probably be moved, but that's not what my post suggested. What I ACTUALLY said, and not what you made up, was that JB openly stated he wouldn't move those guys if the team was in the hunt.  I'm not sure where your confusion lies.

5 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Didn't say they weren't looking at offers, but even that is just speculation...unless of course JB has been seeking your advice.

What JB DID say was that they'll see how things go over the next three weeks and if they are within striking distance of a playoff spot he likely will not move our impending UFA's. In other words, there's a chance we do nothing and lose players in the summer for nothing. 

What JB said was actually "If we're in the playoff hunt AND our UFA's are playing well, we want to give our team every opportunity in the playoffs."

So yes, there is a chance we do nothing but in his own words it isn't as cut and dry as "if we're in, we're keeping them." A lot of our UFA's are not playing well, in fact a couple are in Utica. Baertschi and Etem are really the only two I'd say aren't in consideration for the trading block.

4 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

What JB said was actually "If we're in the playoff hunt AND our UFA's are playing well, we want to give our team every opportunity in the playoffs."

So yes, there is a chance we do nothing but in his own words it isn't as cut and dry as "if we're in, we're keeping them." A lot of our UFA's are not playing well, in fact a couple are in Utica. Baertschi and Etem are really the only two I'd say aren't in consideration for the trading block.

Are Baer and Eater coming UFAs or RFAs?

16 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

We should feel kind of guilty about Montreal. They were flying high until we spanked them 5-1 and ended their run. They never recovered and spiralled downhill from there.

On topic I always thought Weise was a great fit for them.

I'm pretty sure losing Price for all but 12 games this season had more to do with it than a single loss to the Canucks. But yeah. I'm a bit surprised Weise hasn't been re-signed 

Archived