The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

4 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Doesnt matter how you look at it:lol: Unemployment,Stocks, Money and Confidence were all in his favor Pre Covid.People don't care about the,"trends". They care about how they're doing in those categories. Record stocks,Unemployment and Job numbers for all races..Foes,Polls and even Liberals acknowledged and supported his economic numbers and thats very obvious. Not sure what planet you've been on.

"Thanks for playing"..i posted numbers you posted your opinion lol

"Re trade deficit. Looks like it's rising during his presidency. So uhhhh good job.".. So your knocking me for being honest and not hiding $&!#? alrighty then lol

I’m a trend trader.

I care about the trend.

There is always a current trend.

Find the trend.

Who would have thought that promoting unproven untested medical treatments would have dire consequences....

Arizona man dies after taking coronavirus ‘cure’ Trump touted with false claims

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.

Banner Health said on Monday the couple in their 60s got sick within half an hour of ingesting the additive. The man could not be resuscitated at hospital but the woman was able to throw up much of the chemical.

Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure,” the woman told NBC.

She said her advice would be: “Don’t take anything. Don’t believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the president says and his people … call your doctor.

Link

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

For all those still holding on to the dream of a DJT 2nd term. First things first, the one thing you cannot do as president is be responsible for unwarranted deaths. That's game over right there. In this whole virus fiasco he's done one thing right. That was quickly curtail travel from China. Kudos to him for that. Sadly for him, that's all he has to hang his hat on. There has been so much missed opportunity and outright failure that it boggles the mind. This will hang around him like a burning tire.

I don't give him credit for that at all as a health decision. That was only done to frustrate his 'trade negotiations'.

27 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Who would have thought that promoting unproven untested medical treatments would have dire consequences....

Arizona man dies after taking coronavirus ‘cure’ Trump touted with false claims

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.

Banner Health said on Monday the couple in their 60s got sick within half an hour of ingesting the additive. The man could not be resuscitated at hospital but the woman was able to throw up much of the chemical.

Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure,” the woman told NBC.

She said her advice would be: “Don’t take anything. Don’t believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the president says and his people … call your doctor.

Link

i don't know why people even put much faith in this as a likely treatment option

it is an existing substance available to every country in the world

there is not much sophistication required to put it into use

give your heads a shake

ask yourself some questions first

didn't the covid-19 virus originate in china?  yes

as a result didn't china get a head start in learning all details about this virus?  very likely

isn't it likely that china scientists scoured the globe looking for treatment options?  more then likely

don't you think they were aware of chloroquine  study out of france?  yeppers
you think they tested it and tried to replicate it's success?  probably

tested it on live citizens?   very likely (they don't have same medical ethics or constraints as the west)

it therefore likely does not work?    seems a reasonable deduction

if it did in fact work. wouldn't they publicize it, distribute it, to counterbalance the negative image their country has taken on due to covid-19 originating there?  without a doubt

so why do people think china (or singapore, s. korea) or any other country has not already canvassed this treatment and simply kept things quiet if it in fact works??  very, very unlikely - any one who finds a viable treatment will be given hero status

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He still had a good chance of winning as in times of crisis, Yanks tend to rally around the current leader.  His base is still pretty solid and will listen and take his word still.....

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1242255995470065664?s=20

For Trump to lose the Dems have to produce another candidate other than Biden. The guy doesn’t even know where he is half the time. If Biden won he would be a puppet for the nutbars that run the DNC. It isn’t to late for them to get a progressive business leader like Bill Gates. Neither the DNC or the GOP have a clear philosophy. If they did Trump would never have got the nomination and the DNC would not be the gong show it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

For Trump to lose the Dems have to produce another candidate other than Biden. The guy doesn’t even know where he is half the time. If Biden won he would be a puppet for the nutbars that run the DNC. It isn’t to late for them to get a progressive business leader like Bill Gates. Neither the DNC or the GOP have a clear philosophy. If they did Trump would never have got the nomination and the DNC would not be the gong show it is.

agree with that for sure, but I can't see anyone else at this point with everything going on. Gates would be great, but is there any kind of push for him? not sure how that would even happen. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i don't know why people even put much faith in this as a likely treatment option

it is an existing substance available to every country in the world

there is not much sophistication required to put it into use

because initial small scale results were good. But Trumps yapping has politicized it. Lets let the clinical trials going on right now give us the correct path. WHO is currently testing this and many other possible treatments. 

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

That's the consequence when you let nutjobs hijack your party (GOP).  It leaves the very likely option nutjobs on the other end of the scale (Lefties) come into power eventually.  Barry Goldwater is rolling over in his grave right now.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

agree with that for sure, but I can't see anyone else at this point with everything going on. Gates would be great, but is there any kind of push for him? not sure how that would even happen. 

This is my thinking as well. Dems are going the way of the cons up here by putting up a bad choice for leader imo.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No draft Bill to my knowledge. I threw his name out after watching a couple of docs on him. I’m also in Rotary and his .org has supported our programs for years. High level of accountability with Gates. So many do gooders don’t think things thru they simply want to throw money at something, take credit and move on. Gates is very thorough and methodical. 

Politics has really lowered itself downward these past years. Maybe it was always so. A   

USA president I have always been interested in is Teddy Roosevelt. Some might suggest that Trump has some of his superficial characteristics but I would argue Roosevelt had a far superior intellectual grounding and a far superior politician. 

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No draft Bill to my knowledge. I threw his name out after watching a couple of docs on him. I’m also in Rotary and his .org has supported our programs for years. High level of accountability with Gates. So many do gooders don’t think things thru they simply want to throw money at something, take credit and move on. Gates is very thorough and methodical. 

Politics has really lowered itself downward these past years. Maybe it was always so. A   

USA president I have always been interested in is Teddy Roosevelt. Some might suggest that Trump has some of his superficial characteristics but I would argue Roosevelt had a far superior intellectual grounding and a far superior politician. 

the only comparison between Teddy and Trump is they both may have needed to shed a few pounds. 

Trump is just the end product of a corrupt system. Until the US completely reforms the payola in government we may yet get worse than Trump next time. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Ouch, my condolences to you. Things must really be bad in Trump land if you are touting his debating prowess. Also Trump needs more than just "his base" to win. 

Yeah...I'm having a hard time picturing Trump "destroying" anyone in a debate....

...I suppose if one gives out high marks for the old "I know you are but what am I?" riposte.....:unsure:

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al