Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al


DonLever

Recommended Posts

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah...I'm having a hard time picturing Trump "destroying" anyone in a debate....

 

...I suppose if one gives out high marks for the old "I know you are but what am I?" riposte.....:unsure:

When his opponent can also barely put a coherent sentence together and certainly struggles when debating off the cuff it is a toss up at best... should be fun. I would have given a better chance to Mayor Pete personally.

 

People say he doesn't have Clinton to attack this time around but Joe is a pretty easy target as well. We'll see if he staves off their attacks now that the American people have 4 years to judge him based off of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

When his opponent can also barely put a coherent sentence together and certainly struggles when debating off the cuff it is a toss up at best... should be fun. I would have given a better chance to Mayor Pete personally.

 

People say he doesn't have Clinton to attack this time around but Joe is a pretty easy target as well. We'll see if he staves off their attacks now that the American people have 4 years to judge him based off of.

It's funny, because if I had touted Trump as having the advantage, you could have said exactly the same thing....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see another face palm from the doc behind him.

according to CNN (fwiw) he's going to be out of the circle soon. I'm not a religious person, but in this case I hope to god people in the US can survive this idiot. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

according to CNN (fwiw) he's going to be out of the circle soon. I'm not a religious person, but in this case I hope to god people in the US can survive this idiot. 

I read that too.  I just hope they don't bleed all over us.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, because if I had touted Trump as having the advantage, you could have said exactly the same thing....

Yep, lots of material for Joe to work with, let's see if he can harness it into some campaign energy and minimize the gaffs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

according to CNN (fwiw) he's going to be out of the circle soon. I'm not a religious person, but in this case I hope to god people in the US can survive this idiot. 

If Fauci is out. Who's taking his place? Jared or Kelly Anne?

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yep, lots of material for Joe to work with, let's see if he can harness it into some campaign energy and minimize the gaffs 

One for the top of the list is TRUMP and his kids are barred from operating a charity in New York because the TRUMP Foundation was a scam.   Only paid money that he had promised to veterans organizations after it was reported months later than no money was paid.  

 

NPR link

Judge Says Trump Must Pay $2 Million Over Misuse Of Foundation Funds

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

If Fauci is out. Who's taking his place? Jared or Kelly Anne?

There was a CNN story this morning saying that Trump and his cronies are getting tired of Fauci contradicting Trump. People are putting two and two together and predicting Fauci's ouster.

 

I'm not so sure....Fauci goes on CNN regularly, but he's also a regular on Faux and he always plays to his audience. When he's talking to Hannity, he praises Bone Spurs and when he talks to Cuomo, he tries to defend him, not always successfully, as it seems that he resists telling outright lies.

 

The thing is, AF has almost universal popularity and I think Trump would be taking a huge political risk, if he cut him loose. I think it's more likely that they try and keep him from appearing on talk shows (other than Faux) and try and use him less at pressers.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There was a CNN story this morning saying that Trump and his cronies are getting tired of Fauci contradicting Trump. People are putting two and two together and predicting Fauci's ouster.

 

I'm not so sure....Fauci goes on CNN regularly, but he's also a regular on Faux and he always plays to his audience. When he's talking to Hannity, he praises Bone Spurs and when he talks to Cuomo, he tries to defend him, not always successfully, as it seems that he resists telling outright lies.

 

The thing is, AF has almost universal popularity and I think Trump would be taking a huge political risk, if he cut him loose. I think it's more likely that they try and keep him from appearing on talk shows (other than Faux) and try and use him less at pressers.

I think right now Fauci is the most trusted man in America. Him leaving by either getting let go or him quitting would be a huge blow to the administration.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I think right now Fauci is the most trusted man in America. Him leaving by either getting let go or him quitting would be a huge blow to the administration.

If Trump is serious about getting back to work he may have no choice but to get rid of Fauci. 
I just hope that if he is serious and tries to implement it that we the people stand up and tell him where to get off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you don’t do your own research, especially with a wealth of information at your fingertips, you’re your own worst enemy. 

Just to reinforce how dumb this move was, a few days ago, I watched a CNN interview with three doctors. One of them was a renowned virologist, the second was Sanjay Gupta and third, I can't remember.

 

They started talking about Chloroquine and Hydrochloroquine, which are two different drugs, one of which was being tested as a possible treatment for COVID-19. Even Gupta had to ask for clarification on the difference. (he knew they were different, but didn't know which was involved in the testing that was being done)

 

For someone to ingest something they clean their fish tank with, based on an off-hand remark from one of the biggest disseminators of disinformation on the planet, is tragically imprudent.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

As the saying is becoming more common these days... ya can't treat stupid... ingesting fish tank cleaner you gotta know somethings off.. 

It's true....

 

....however, there might be preventative measures on can take. Tops on my list would be "Don't take medical advice from morons".....

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's true....

 

....however, there might be preventative measures on can take. Tops on my list would be "Don't take medical advice from morons".....

Morons... or non-medical professional in general.. like the media..

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/these-drugs-are-helping-our-coronavirus-patients-11584899438

Quote

A flash of potential good news from the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic: A treatment is showing promise. Doctors in France, South Korea and the U.S. are using an antimalarial drug known as hydroxychloroquine with success. We are physicians treating patients with Covid-19, and the therapy appears to be making a difference. It isn’t a silver bullet, but if deployed quickly and strategically the drug could potentially help bend the pandemic’s “hockey stick” curve.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...