The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

daily update with dr. henry

was pretty much par for the course

nothing really surprising

150+ cases related to care homes and dental conference

11 deaths are in care homes, 10 from lynn valley home alone - no new ones

count is up to over 600 (145 new).. as early conference yesterday did not fully count numbers

since the saturday update

fully recovered is 173

she is answering questions still

but that is unlikely to generate anything new

Edited by coastal.view

1 hour ago, spur1 said:

I am cautiously optimistic with these numbers as they seem to be increasing at a slower rate than a few days ago. Just maybe this social distancing is helping. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of factors going to be at play with those statistics. I actually worry about countries like Bangladesh where the population density is insanely high. If there ends up being an outbreak in those areas that's going to get rough. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.

(Edit: Just realised this is the Trump thread. Oh well lol)

Edited by The Lock

36 minutes ago, Red Light Racicot said:

We have finally seen what happens when Trump is confronted by something he can't threaten, harass, fire, etc.

He just doubles down like a psychopath.

My suggestion for his 2020 campaign slogan: "I take no responsibility for anything"

i wish the man no medical ill, though i agree how tempting those thoughts are

but here's hoping the coronavirus crisis

bankrupts him

again

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I’m all for not liking Trump and it would be great imo if he was not the president, but I cannot say I would ever wish him ill. 

I think it's more of a karma thing for most people....just a few days ago, when a reporter told him that Mitt Romney was self-isolating, he sarcastically said "Gee that's too bad". It could well be that he never takes this seriously, until it affects him personally.

I don't wish death on anyone, but seeing Bone Spurs laid up for a few weeks would be as cathartic and is would karmic...

33 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i wish the man no medical ill, though i agree how tempting those thoughts are

but here's hoping the coronavirus crisis

bankrupts him

again

Well, the stimulus bill bars him and his kids from getting treasury loans as part of the stimulus. 

CNN link

Stimulus deal bars Trump's businesses from Treasury Department loans

"

The stimulus deal the Senate agreed to on Wednesday will prohibit loans or investments from Treasury programs to be used to benefit businesses controlled by the President, the vice president, the heads of executive departments and members of Congress, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a letter to Democrats.

The prohibition extends to the children, spouses and in-laws of any of these government officials.
"

14 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, the stimulus bill bars him and his kids from getting treasury loans as part of the stimulus. 

CNN link

Stimulus deal bars Trump's businesses from Treasury Department loans

"

The stimulus deal the Senate agreed to on Wednesday will prohibit loans or investments from Treasury programs to be used to benefit businesses controlled by the President, the vice president, the heads of executive departments and members of Congress, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a letter to Democrats.

The prohibition extends to the children, spouses and in-laws of any of these government officials.
"

It bars all House and Senate members and their families from benefiting from relief programs and loans. It does not specifically identify Trump or his family members. 

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It bars all House and Senate members and their families from benefiting from relief programs and loans. It does not specifically identify Trump or his family members. 

I know.  That's why I put the first bit of the article in my post.   I was responding to a post hoping this crisis bankrupts TRUMP.   The bill bars him and his family.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I know.  That's why I put the first bit of the article in my post.   I was responding to a post hoping this crisis bankrupts TRUMP.   The bill bars him and his family.   

I'd rather he not go bankrupt as he'll probably ramp up his money laundering schemes and become even more of a wuss to Russia and Saudi Arabia. 

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al