The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

8 hours ago, Canorth said:

Behold... the encouraging words of a man with his finger on the pulse of a distraught nation... way to read the room Donald... 

trump tweets like a drunken chimpanzee.....but spells more words wrong..

Please covid...take him away!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Trump playing 5D chess.

He plans to reopen the economy by mid April (Easter).  When the US is hit hard by the Covid-19, he will blame China for the spread and possibly Canada for allowing infected illegals entering US (see military at borders).  Millions of elderly will pass away (represents 18% of the US workforce).  When the pandemic ends and business hires new younger employees (cuz old people died).

Then Trump can say he has the lowest unemployment rate of all time.  He's the best and greatest!!!

52 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

US troops to start massing at the CAD/US border. Could an invasion be in the near future?

Trump expected to send US troops to border with Canada to support operations

Thu 26 Mar 2020 16:19:57 GMT

Reuters sources

This was circulating as a rumour earlier. The vast majority the Canadians who were spending the winter in the US are home or on the way home so this is a bit bizarre. I understand the border is also very quiet for those crossing.

I can't imagine too many Canadians are planning on rushing the border into the US, where cases are spiking.

It's quite a bizarre headline. Not many seem to know what for.
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Reuters sources

This was circulating as a rumour earlier. The vast majority the Canadians who were spending the winter in the US are home or on the way home so this is a bit bizarre. I understand the border is also very quiet for those crossing.

I can't imagine too many Canadians are planning on rushing the border into the US, where cases are spiking.

Just so he can say he is doing something.

33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Reuters sources

Why not redeploy the military to help harvest the spring crops because Mexican workers can't make it in.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yet 90% of Republicans trust what he says regarding the virus...higher than they trust the CDC at 84%. 

The Murdochs' and Mercers' have perfected the art of brainwashing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Mortgage the ships to secure loans. Otherwise bugger off.

or force them to add a hospital deck so people can be taken care of. I can't think of a vacation I wanted to do less than a cruise, and that was before all this. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump campaign issues cease-and-desist letters over ad highlighting Trump's coronavirus response

President Trump's re-election campaign sent cease-and-desist letters to local television stations on Wednesday, threatening them with legal action and potentially their broadcast licenses if they continue to air an ad from a Democratic group, Priorities USA. The ad plays audio of Trump downplaying the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic over a chart of the mounting number of cases in the U.S. — now at more than 69,000 — but the Trump campaign objected only to one clip, of Trump saying "this is their new hoax."

That quote comes from a Feb. 28 rally at which Trump repeatedly called his handling of the epidemic "one of the great jobs" and compared the Democrats "politicizing" of the coronavirus to the Russia investigation and Ukraine scandal. As The Washington Post noted in a fact-check cited by the Trump campaign, Trump said this:

They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything ... And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that. [Trump, Feb. 28 rally]

Guy Cecil, who leads Priorities USA, said on Twitter that the point of the letter was "to stop this ad from airing because he doesn't want Americans to know the truth."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-campaign-issues-cease-desist-042600766.html

As far as political ads go, that's an effective one. Priorities USA is vowing to buy more time for the ad.

Honestly, don’t know why there aren’t thousands more ads like this out there. The material is infinite. Maybe that’s where mini mike will show his value.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, Boudrias said:

For Trump to lose the Dems have to produce another candidate other than Biden. The guy doesn’t even know where he is half the time. If Biden won he would be a puppet for the nutbars that run the DNC. It isn’t to late for them to get a progressive business leader like Bill Gates. Neither the DNC or the GOP have a clear philosophy. If they did Trump would never have got the nomination and the DNC would not be the gong show it is.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

agree with that for sure, but I can't see anyone else at this point with everything going on. Gates would be great, but is there any kind of push for him? not sure how that would even happen. 

If only we could nominate that one guy that can’t even beat a guy that doesn’t know where he is half the time.

For sure he would beat Trump despite the fact he is getting his ass kicked in the primaries.

I know we are in isolation but you got to lay off drugs and booze.

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

If only we could nominate that one guy that can’t even beat a guy that doesn’t know where he is half the time.

For sure he would beat Trump despite the fact he is getting his ass kicked in the primaries.

I know we are in isolation but you got to lay off drugs and booze.

aren't you supposed to be accusing Bernie of communism? We were talking about Bill Gates. 

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al