The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nothing.

I suggest that people read a book called Blackwater for starters.

Those nations that hold the power aren't terrorists.

They are liberators/freedom fighters.

" We are not analysing the media on Mars or in the 18th century or something like that.

We are dealing with real human beings now who are suffering and dying because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are involved in and are directly responsible for,and what the media are doing is insuring that we do not act on our responsibilities,and that the interests of power are served,not the needs of the suffering people,not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realised the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."

Noam Chomsky

• Like 1
  • Sedinery 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Over on the coronavirus thread @RUPERTKBD commented on the G7 family photo being mocked as awkward on late night tv so I thought I’d post this here. This is how the CCP is satirizing the latest  G7 meeting.

8C5E9019-1482-43F2-86A1-8F19C33A8B8F.jpeg

is that a beaver clutching a tiny Meng? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Over on the coronavirus thread @RUPERTKBD commented on the G7 family photo being mocked as awkward on late night tv so I thought I’d post this here. This is how the CCP is satirizing the latest  G7 meeting.

8C5E9019-1482-43F2-86A1-8F19C33A8B8F.jpeg

Gotta give full marks for creativity there. Lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yep, and Uncle Sam is printing money from a roll of TP, meanwhile India is on an IV drip.

nice, more vile state humour out of China over people being ill. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ill from a virus that came from their country that they were too incompetent to contain. 

nah it was brought to China by a US military person, remember? 

the Chinese state media is a fricking weird bunch. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

And people talk about the 2022 Canadian Olympic roster, thinking we should even be going... I guess some genocides are less equal than others?  

I would love it if the western democracies (what was it they called themselves, the D20 or something?) were to hold their own Games after they pulled out of the 2022 Winter Olympics.  That would allow their athletes to not have their training and preparation be in vain, and give the big fat middle finger to both the ccp and the ioc (who appears to love themselves and their authoritarian hosts more than the greater good of the world).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al