The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

21 hours ago, JM_ said:

yeah America's Mayor being a scumbag is hardly a surprising idea. He'll also be slippery as hell, and pretty unreliable in anything he says.

I've pretty much given up on the criminal justice system dealing with these scumbags. My hopes lie with the Dominion lawsuit. Hopefully, the decisions go to the Plaintiff and liars like Rudy and Sidney are wiped out financially.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've pretty much given up on the criminal justice system dealing with these scumbags. My hopes lie with the Dominion lawsuit. Hopefully, the decisions go to the Plaintiff and liars like Rudy and Sidney are wiped out financially.

I think Rudy is already broke.

It is kind of fascinating how a guy like Trump can attract so many people that just get trashed in his wake.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

I think Rudy is already broke.

It is kind of fascinating how a guy like Trump can attract so many people that just get trashed in his wake.

"Broke" is a subjective word. While he might be broke by the standards of a high profile lawyer / ex big city mayor, he likely still has more money than most of us "regular" folks...Besides, he's taking in $200 bucks a pop from MAGA morons, who think getting a personal message fro Rudy G is cool.

I won't be happy until, every $200 he makes goes straight into Dominion's bank account.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Broke" is a subjective word. While he might be broke by the standards of a high profile lawyer / ex big city mayor, he likely still has more money than most of us "regular" folks...Besides, he's taking in $200 bucks a pop from MAGA morons, who think getting a personal message fro Rudy G is cool.

I won't be happy until, every $200 he makes goes straight into Dominion's bank account.

Keep in mind his highest profile client is famous for not paying his bills.

• Vintage 2

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Keep in mind his highest profile client is famous for not paying his bills.

It's clearly not his only source of income though. I get wishing nothing but the worst for someone like Rudy, but let's not kid ourselves by thinking Trump's going to be the only place he gets his money from.

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's clearly not his only source of income though. I get wishing nothing but the worst for someone like Rudy, but let's not kid ourselves by thinking Trump's going to be the only place he gets his money from.

No one can deny he's got elite grifting ability.  There's no other way he can find other sources of money whenever one of his many business ventures eventually fail.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd wager he's a few weeks away from bankruptcy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

One of Dotard's "advisors" lol.

But hey, Robbie Zepp says Sleepy Joe still is worse.

Bannon's shock troops:

Bear in mind that this POS would likely be in jail for fraud right now, if not for a last minute pardon from the POS that was occupying the White House at the time.

He talks about "the working class" as if he and his lying crook of a patron have a clue what that is like....<_<

• Cheers 4

Donald Trump is no longer listed as one of America's 400 wealthiest people:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/savingandinvesting/donald-trump-dropped-off-forbes-list-of-the-wealthiest-americans-for-the-first-time-in-25-years/ar-AAPacji?li=AAggFp5

Former President Donald Trump did not make Forbes' list of the 400 wealthiest Americans for the first time in 25 years.

Trump's net worth was estimated at $2.5 billion - just about $400 million shy of making the list this year, according to Forbes. The billionaire has lost about $600 million since the pandemic started as COVID-19 wreaked havoc on the commercial real-estate market.

Since he became president in 2016, Trump's wealth has continued to decline. From 1997 to 2016, he was ranked among the upper half of Forbes' 400 wealthiest Americans, but five years later he's slipped off the list completely.

The publication noted that the required net worth to make the top 400 list has risen from $2.1 billion to $2.9 billion. Trump was one of 51 people to be dropped from the list in 2021 - 31 of which have actually become richer this year than the previous year.

But, over the past year, technology stocks and crypto assets have surged with the work-from-home boom, while more traditional businesses like retail and real estate have taken a hit. The list saw a 14% turnover rate as billionaires like Trump fell from the list, while 44 new names joined the ranks of the wealthiest Americans - from Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong to 29-year-old crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried, as well as philanthropist Melinda French Gates.

Earlier this year, Forbes reported that the former president had dropped 298 spots on its Billionaire's list which was released in April - down from No. 1,001 to No. 1,299. Trump's commercial real estate assets - which account for about 75% of his income - have taken a significant hit from the pandemic, Bloomberg reported in March. The former president's hotel and resort lines, as well as his golf club have also seen declined interest due to travel restrictions.

Two rounds of impeachments, as well as Trump's ties to the Capitol Siege, have also tarnished Trump's brand. Following the attack on the Capitol in January, the PGA of America decided against hosting its annual tournament at Trump's golf club. Many other companies have also severed ties with Trump since his second impeachment.

Trump donated his $400,000 salary as president, but made about $1.6 billion from 2016 to 2020, according to Bloomberg data. During his presidency, Trump chose to hold onto his $3.5 billion in assets, instead of divesting them to stave off any perception of a conflict of interest. Forbes noted that if the president had sold his assets off his fortune could be worth as much as $7 billion.

In January, a public relations expert, Eric Schiffer, told Insider's Grace Dean that Trump's businesses might never recover from his presidency.

"Trump will exit the presidency with a brutal set of targets surrounding the heart of his brand, which will be a danger to his survival economically and that of his children, and likely will lead to excruciating pain of the type he has really never faced," Schiffer said.

Trump is one of several billionaires to fall off Forbes' list. Oprah Winfrey also dropped off the list for the first time since 1995, alongside several entrepreneurs, including Gap cofounder Doris Fisher and Nikola founder Trevor Milton.

First he loses "bigly" in the election and now we find out he's dropped $600 million as well....

Forget "The Apprentice", Trump should be hosting "The Biggest Loser"....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:48 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Rummy and Cheney make/made these guys look like saints and they were never held to account for their crimes.

For $#€$ sake the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the destabilization of the middle east can be traced back to them.

And if you want to talk about money going missing just ask rummy 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4905968/user-clip-secretary-defense-rumsfeld-23-trillion-missing

What's 2.3 trillion here or @#$# knows where 

Edited by Ilunga

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Rummy and Cheney make/made these guys look like saints and they were never held to account for their crimes.

For $#€$ sake the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the destabilization of the middle east can be traced back to them.

And if you want to talk about money going missing just ask rummy 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4905968/user-clip-secretary-defense-rumsfeld-23-trillion-missing

What's 2.3 trillion here or @#$# knows where 

Yes, as I said, I have no faith in the US justice system. It's far too easy for the rich and / or well connected to skate by the consequences for their actions.....meanwhile, if you happen to be the wrong color, passing a fake $20, or selling pirated DVDs could mean a death sentence....

That's why I put my faith in litigation. Outside of incarceration, financial ruin seems to be the best we can hope for....

• Thanks 1

^^^^ Pretty much a case of a media giant wanting to have it's fingers in all of the pies, as it were...

Some companies (like CNN) are decidedly left leaning, while OANN is decidedly right.....but AT&T is decidedly on the side of making money and from what I've read, the creation of OANN was all about having a presence on the right side of the political spectrum, in order to tap into that market.

It basically goes to show that mega corps like this believe in nothing but the almighty dollar....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al