Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al


DonLever

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

That has been America for over 200 years. 

 

What trump has done is brought the racism out into the open.

It has always existed.

Hate to say it but Trump may have done the US a favour bringing it into the open where it can be dealt with. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

That has been America for over 200 years. 

 

What trump has done is brought the racism out into the open.

It has always existed.

 

20 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Hate to say it but Trump may have done the US a favour bringing it into the open where it can be dealt with. 

He didn’t expose anything. He exploited it. Anyone  with two brain cells to rub together knew that it existed.

 

He purposely exacerbated/inflamed the issue for his own political/personal/financial gain….

 

He is an absolute POS Scum of a human being. He deserves credit for nothing except for his own down fall.

 

Edited by Canorth
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Canorth said:

 

He didn’t expose anything. He exploited it. Anyone  with two brain cells to rub together knew that it existed.

 

He purposely exacerbated/inflamed the issue for his own political/personal/financial gain….

 

He is an absolute POS Scum of a human being. He deserves credit for nothing except for his own down fall.

 

Is The Orange One the first US President to be openly a disgusting Pig of a person?  Going back for as long as I can recall I see bad Presidents, but at least ones who appear to be decent enough people.  Nixon was a criminal, but was he a Pig?  Carter was decent.  Regan tried to be.  Even the young Bush, although a dimwit, was decent.  But Trump was (is) openly a Pig.  And the Americans elected the guy!  And they might do it again!  What the hell us wrong with that country?   My fingers are crossed for Michelle Obama.  But she’s too smart to run.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Canorth said:

 

He didn’t expose anything. He exploited it. Anyone  with two brain cells to rub together knew that it existed.

 

He purposely exacerbated/inflamed the issue for his own political/personal/financial gain….

 

He is an absolute POS Scum of a human being. He deserves credit for nothing except for his own down fall.

 

He is a racist.

When the president is openly racist that empowers the racists existing in society to express that racism more openly,which is exposing  that racism.

 

You are actually giving him credit for exploiting racism for his own gain.

I don't believe he was smart enough to do that,he was just being true to himself,being a racist POS.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

He is a racist.

When the president is openly racist that empowers the racists existing in society to express that racism more openly,which is exposing  that racism.

 

You are actually giving him credit for exploiting racism for his own gain.

I don't believe he was smart enough to do that,he was just being true to himself,being a racist POS.

That's the real problem with Trump, even more than his barbaric policies anbd the neo-Nazi scum he got into the Supreme Court.  The racists now think their bigotry is socially acceptable because one of their own was POTUS.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is The Orange One the first US President to be openly a disgusting Pig of a person?  Going back for as long as I can recall I see bad Presidents, but at least ones who appear to be decent enough people.  Nixon was a criminal, but was he a Pig?  Carter was decent.  Regan tried to be.  Even the young Bush, although a dimwit, was decent.  But Trump was (is) openly a Pig.  And the Americans elected the guy!  And they might do it again!  What the hell us wrong with that country?   My fingers are crossed for Michelle Obama.  But she’s too smart to run.  

Johnson laughing as sworn in while beside him Jackie Kennedy cried. This was mere hours after her husband was killed and is pretty much as gross as it gets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Johnson laughing as sworn in while beside him Jackie Kennedy cried. This was mere hours after her husband was killed and is pretty much as gross as it gets. 

????????

 

image.jpeg.459e8ddf5ee64ea51515f497e570e4f8.jpeg

 

Doesn't look like he's laughing to me.  He looks distraught.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

That's the real problem with Trump, even more than his barbaric policies anbd the neo-Nazi scum he got into the Supreme Court.  The racists now think their bigotry is socially acceptable because one of their own was POTUS.

Yep and not only did the supposed " leader of the free world" continually express his racist and mysognist views none of the other leaders  really called him out on them.

Merkel came close when she stated having friends that shared the same "values,democracy,freedom and respect for the law and the dignity of human beings, independent of their origin,skin colour,religion,gender,sexual orientation or political position".

At best the rest ignored his racism and many fellow"strongmen" leaders condoned it.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

????????

 

image.jpeg.459e8ddf5ee64ea51515f497e570e4f8.jpeg

 

Doesn't look like he's laughing to me.  He looks distraught.

Cool. You chose one photo. That clearly was all done in one frame. They stood there the entire time just like that. I don't know if it is before or after but there is either a photo or video of it. 

 

On another note....why the hell did she need to be there by his side at a time like that? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Cool. You chose one photo. That clearly was all done in one frame. They stood there the entire time just like that. I don't know if it is before or after but there is either a photo or video of it. 

 

On another note....why the hell did she need to be there by his side at a time like that? 

 

Bottom line he insisted on it.

He apparently wanted to assure himself  Kennedy supporters recognised his right to the presidency.

 

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/lyndon-johnson-jackie-kennedy-inauguration

 

I was aware of that fact however I was unaware she was still wearing her bloodstained clothes.

 

The article contains other facts that back up your assertion he wasn't the nicest of fellows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

 

Bottom line he insisted on it.

He apparently wanted to assure himself  Kennedy supporters recognised his right to the presidency.

 

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/lyndon-johnson-jackie-kennedy-inauguration

 

I was aware of that fact however I was unaware she was still wearing her bloodstained clothes.

 

The article contains other facts that back up your assertion he wasn't the nicest of fellows.

He, and this is well documented, loved to whip it out and show everyone how well hung he was too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Cool. You chose one photo. That clearly was all done in one frame. They stood there the entire time just like that. I don't know if it is before or after but there is either a photo or video of it. 

 

On another note....why the hell did she need to be there by his side at a time like that? 

Fair enough.

 

So where is the one photo showing LBJ laughing as he's being sworn in?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ilunga said:

He is a racist.

When the president is openly racist that empowers the racists existing in society to express that racism more openly,which is exposing  that racism.

 

You are actually giving him credit for exploiting racism for his own gain.

I don't believe he was smart enough to do that,he was just being true to himself,being a racist POS.

I agree that he is a racist, but he's not the kind who would be wearing a hood back in the 60s....He's more the kind of person who would see a black man at an exclusive club and automatically assume he was one of the help.

 

I think the gist of Trump's brand of racism is that he just doesn't care about minorities and never will, until WASPs become one.

 

The true architects in Trump's exploitation of racism are Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller. These two absolutely would be part of a lynch mob, if they were products of the 50s and 60s. They steered Trump down this racist path to the presidency and as stupid as he is, Trump understood that it had worked for him.

 

Ever since, he's been stoking the fires of fear: Fear of minorities replacing "real" Americans....fear of Socialism....etc., etc....It wasn't his idea, but he was basically told by Steven and Stephen to "be himself" (lying misogynist who cares for no-one outside his tribe) and it worked.

 

This is why it irks me when people call him "crazy like a fox", or some kind of genius for tapping into the collective angst of middle America. He deserves very little credit. The evil genius is and always has been, Steve Bannon.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

????????

 

image.jpeg.459e8ddf5ee64ea51515f497e570e4f8.jpeg

 

Doesn't look like he's laughing to me.  He looks distraught.

 

13 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Cool. You chose one photo. That clearly was all done in one frame. They stood there the entire time just like that. I don't know if it is before or after but there is either a photo or video of it. 

 

On another note....why the hell did she need to be there by his side at a time like that? 

I had never heard this before, so I decided to do a little digging....

 

Nowhere could I find a photo or video of Johnson laughing, but as @Ilunga pointed out, it definitely appears as though LBJ insisted on being sworn in right away and he was insistent about who would be in attendance. The final call on whether she would attend the swearing in was Jackie's, but Johnson made it clear that he wanted her there.

 

What I didn't know was that RFK and LBJ hated each other and that Johnson called Bobby from Air Force One to (in his words) ask for Kennedy's advice on the transition. After the call, Johnson claimed that it was RFK who advised the transition be done right away, but Kennedy tells it differently.....His description was that Johnson asked and that he was too stunned by the question to respond.

 

It's all laid out in this excellent article from the New Yorker, which delves into  LBJ's standing before the assassination and his precarious position politically, which explains his reputation (at the time) as insecure:

 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/04/02/the-transition

 

As far as the "laughing" claim goes, I think it possibly originated because of Congressman Albert Thomas, who for some inexplicable reason winked at Johnson, at some point during the ceremony:

The Wink

It's hard to tell, but it looks like Johnson might be smiling in response....

  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

 

I had never heard this before, so I decided to do a little digging....

 

Nowhere could I find a photo or video of Johnson laughing, but as @Ilunga pointed out, it definitely appears as though LBJ insisted on being sworn in right away and he was insistent about who would be in attendance. The final call on whether she would attend the swearing in was Jackie's, but Johnson made it clear that he wanted her there.

 

What I didn't know was that RFK and LBJ hated each other and that Johnson called Bobby from Air Force One to (in his words) ask for Kennedy's advice on the transition. After the call, Johnson claimed that it was RFK who advised the transition be done right away, but Kennedy tells it differently.....His description was that Johnson asked and that he was too stunned by the question to respond.

 

It's all laid out in this excellent article from the New Yorker, which delves into  LBJ's standing before the assassination and his precarious position politically, which explains his reputation (at the time) as insecure:

 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/04/02/the-transition

 

As far as the "laughing" claim goes, I think it possibly originated because of Congressman Albert Thomas, who for some inexplicable reason winked at Johnson, at some point during the ceremony:

The Wink

It's hard to tell, but it looks like Johnson might be smiling in response....

Were these people Pugs or Rats?  Rats, no?  Maybe the whole US system is just full of Pugrats?  

Edited by Alflives
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...