The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Having to serve his sentence in gen pop?

My close friend is a CO.

He has some stories about PC being put in GP. 

A skinner (sex crimes/ pedo) lasted about 10 secs the other day after being put in the GP.  Then some people had to go to Seg.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My close friend is a CO.

He has some stories about PC being put in GP. 

A skinner (sex crimes/ pedo) lasted about 10 secs the other day after being put in the GP.  Then some people had to go to Seg.

Was listening to a dude that did time for for corporate/fraud crime on the radio.

He was stating most of that type of inmate are middle aged and their fellow inmates think they are in for crimes against children. 

Those type of criminal's are called rock spiders here in Aus jail's.

• Cheers 1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html

(CNN)Colin Powell, the first Black US secretary of state whose leadership in several Republican administrations helped shape American foreign policy in the last years of the 20th century and the early years of the 21st, has died from complications from Covid-19, his family said on Facebook. He was 84.

"General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19," the Powell family wrote on Facebook, noting he was fully vaccinated.
A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.
"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," the family said.
Powell was a distinguished and trailblazing professional soldier whose career took him from combat duty in Vietnam to becoming the first Black national security adviser during the end of Ronald Reagan's presidency and the youngest and first African American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President George H.W. Bush. His national popularity soared in the aftermath of the US-led coalition victory during the Gulf War, and for a time in the mid-90s, he was considered a leading contender to become the first Black President of the United States. But his reputation would be forever stained when, as George W. Bush's first secretary of state, he pushed faulty intelligence before the United Nations to advocate for the Iraq War, which he would later call a "blot" on his record.
Bush said in a statement Monday that Powell was "a great public servant" who was "such a favorite of Presidents that he earned the Presidential Medal of Freedom -- twice. He was highly respected at home and abroad. And most important, Colin was a family man and a friend.

More at link.

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html

(CNN)Colin Powell, the first Black US secretary of state whose leadership in several Republican administrations helped shape American foreign policy in the last years of the 20th century and the early years of the 21st, has died from complications from Covid-19, his family said on Facebook. He was 84.

"General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19," the Powell family wrote on Facebook, noting he was fully vaccinated.
A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.
"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," the family said.
Powell was a distinguished and trailblazing professional soldier whose career took him from combat duty in Vietnam to becoming the first Black national security adviser during the end of Ronald Reagan's presidency and the youngest and first African American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President George H.W. Bush. His national popularity soared in the aftermath of the US-led coalition victory during the Gulf War, and for a time in the mid-90s, he was considered a leading contender to become the first Black President of the United States. But his reputation would be forever stained when, as George W. Bush's first secretary of state, he pushed faulty intelligence before the United Nations to advocate for the Iraq War, which he would later call a "blot" on his record.
Bush said in a statement Monday that Powell was "a great public servant" who was "such a favorite of Presidents that he earned the Presidential Medal of Freedom -- twice. He was highly respected at home and abroad. And most important, Colin was a family man and a friend.

More at link.

If one didn't any more reasons to get 'jabbed'.

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

^ Sadly, on the site that meme came from, the next 3 posts denied the invaders on Jan 6 were even armed.

That's because to the average MAGAt, you aren't "armed" unless you have a weapon that shoots a projectile of some sort.

just think about how badass Leonidas and his crew were.....not only did they hold off the Persians who outnumbered them 1000 to 1, but they were "unarmed" while doing so....:o

• Haha 2

I used to wonder how Holocaust deniers got their start, but I'm beginning to understand, now.

It has not been a year, yet some are already denying the presence of guns, pipe bombs and various other weapons of mayhem.

I'm now expecting, some time next year, to see people posting fake pictures of the capitol invaders carrying nothing more than picnic baskets.

The portable gallows will be magically transformed into a table and set of chairs.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

I used to wonder how Holocaust deniers got their start, but I'm beginning to understand, now.

It has not been a year, yet some are already denying the presence of guns, pipe bombs and various other weapons of mayhem.

I'm now expecting, some time next year, to see people posting fake pictures of the capitol invaders carrying nothing more than picnic baskets.

The portable gallows will be magically transformed into a table and set of chairs.

Yep. And Universities in Red States will start to offer degrees in Revisionist History.....

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Nice warm welcome for Trump in NY, I heard some other things besides calling him a loser.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-waves-as-protesters-yell-loser-after-deposition/vi-AAPIfV5

Gives me the warm and fuzzies....:)

I loved the way Bone Spurs was smiling and waving, as if the crowd wasn't chanting FU! at him..... It kind of reminded me of that scene in the Life of Brian, where the crowd is chanting "welease woger!" to the Roman Consul....the Centurion has to keep giving him excuses so he won't realize he's being mocked....

I imagine Trump's security detail doing the same thing....."Oh no, Sir.....they're saying you're a Big Bruiser!"......

• Haha 2

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al